"The High Flying Spy" is a 1972 telefilm produced by Walt Disney Productions. It was originally broadcast on NBC as a three-part episode on The Wonderful World of Disney on October 22, October 29, and November 6, 1972. The telefilm was directed by Vincent McEveety.
During the civil war, Two rival balloonists plan to race their giant balloons against each other. Circumstances beyond their control force them to unite and become spies for president Lincoln. Thanks to their brave and unique war efforts, the president forms the Aeronautic Corps as a wing of the union army of Potomac. From then on, the skies the limit in danger and excitement.
- Darren McGavin ... John Jay Forrest
- Stuart Whitman ... Thaddeus Lowe
- Vincent Van Patten ... Davey
- Andrew Prine ... Lt. Thomas
- Shug Fisher ... Capt. Rob
- Jim Davis ... Col. Porter
- Jeff Corey ... Gen. McClellan
- Roger Perry ... Maj. Dark
- Robert Pine ... Lt. Larson
- Larry D. Mann ... Sheriff
- John Smith ... Rep Aeronaut
- Don Carter ... Johnny
- Roy Roberts ... James Whitfield