After watching a romantic movie, Minnie decides to hire an instructor to teach Mickey how to be a fancy gentleman, but the results are not all that she hoped for.
Minnie is watching a romantic movie on TV when a disheveled Mickey rummages through her refrigerator. Looking back at her movie, Minnie has an idea. Arriving at his house, she announces that she is enrolling him in finishing school lessons, leaving him under the charge of Wadsworth Thorndyke III. Wadsworth immediately leaves an impression on Mickey, first slamming the door on Donald and Goofy when the duo attempt to take Mickey fishing and then inducing rigorous training on Mickey.
Later, Wadsworth presents the transformed Mickey, now "Michel Francois Mouse," to Minnie. At first, she is delighted that Mickey has become a proper gentleman. However, when she presents him with dinner in the form of baloney sandwiches, he deems her as below him and breaks up with her. Horrified at what she has done, she enlists Donald and Goofy to restore Mickey to normal. Donald and Goofy abduct Mickey/Michel from a club and, armed with a box of tools Minnie had acquired, engage in an arduous struggle to restore Mickey to normal. Now his old self, Mickey embraces Minnie, and the four laugh together while snorting between giggles.
- Mickey Mouse/Michel Francois Mouse
- Minnie Mouse
- Donald Duck
- Wadsworth Thorndyke III
- Lady Rochester
- Chris Diamantopoulos - Mickey Mouse
- Russi Taylor - Minnie Mouse
- Tony Anselmo - Donald Duck
- Bill Farmer - Goofy
- John O'Hurley - Rex
- Illya Owens - Lady Rochester
- Dave Wasson
- John Waters
- In this episode, Mickey addresses Minnie as "Minifred", which contradicts Minnie's real name being Minerva. Based on Mickey's and Wadsworth's mannerisms, however, they may not have been using the real names.
- The classy music from "Stayin' Cool" was reused when Mickey/Michel goes to a gentlemens club.