This page contains mature content. Continue on at your own risk.
Marvel's The Defenders, or simply The Defenders, is an American web television miniseries developed for Netflix by Douglas Petrie and Marco Ramirez, based on the Marvel Comics superhero team of the same name. It is set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), sharing continuity with the films of the franchise and is the culmination of a series of interconnected shows from Marvel and Netflix. The miniseries is produced by Marvel Television in association with ABC Studios, with Petrie and Ramirez serving as showrunners.
The limited series stars Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock / Daredevil, Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones, Mike Colter as Luke Cage, and Finn Jones as Danny Rand / Iron Fist, all reprising their roles from their individual series. Development of the miniseries began in late 2013, with Cox the first actor cast in May 2014, and Jones the final of the title four cast in February 2016. Petrie and Ramirez joined as showrunners in April, after serving in the same role on the second season of Daredevil, and filming began in New York City that October.
The Defenders consists of eight episodes, and was released on August 18, 2017.
- Charlie Cox as Matt Murdock / Daredevil
- Krysten Ritter as Jessica Jones
- Mike Colter as Luke Cage
- Finn Jones as Danny Rand / Iron Fist
- Deborah Ann Woll as Karen Page
- Elden Henson as Franklin "Foggy" Nelson
- Élodie Yung as Elektra Natchios
- Rosario Dawson as Claire Temple
- Scott Glenn as Stick
- Carrie-Anne Moss as Jeri Hogarth
- Rachael Taylor as Trish Walker
- Eka Darville as Malcolm Ducasse
- Simone Missick as Misty Knight
- Jessica Henwick as Colleen Wing
- Sigourney Weaver as Alexandra
- Marko Zaror as Shaft
- Rob Morgan as Turk Barrett