Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Dachshunds, a.k.a. The Dachsies, are characters from Disney's The Ugly Dachshund. They are a family of four Dachshunds belonging to Mark Garrison and Fran Garrison. Danke, wearing a black collar, is the mother of three puppies: Wilhelmina (yellow collar), Heidi (red collar), and Chloe (blue collar). Of all 4 Dachsies, Chloe is Fran Garrison's second favorite one; the first being Danke before the pups' birth. They are also Brutus the Great Dane's foster family.
The Dachsies (minus Danke) often lead Brutus into many troubles, knowing that they will always be proclaimed to be innocent, leaving their adoptive brother to be blamed. An example of this is when the girls string out all the yarn and Brutus trips over the yarn, causing a huge mess.
Role in the film
- Wilhelmina, Heidi, and Chloe being able to be recognized by the color of their collars is similar to identify Annette, Collette, and Danielle from Lady and the Tramp.
- However, Wilhelmina's collar is yellow while Danielle's collar is white.
- They also resemble their respective mothers.
- In the movie, it is unknown which Dachshund was Danke's husband and the pups' father the same way it is unknown which and what kind of cat was Duchess' husband and the kittens' father before O'Malley became the new member of the family from The Aristocats. Though it is possible a stud service was used.
- Danke means "Thank you", Wilhelmina means "willing to protect", and Heidi means "Nobility" in German. Chloe means "Green shoot" in Greek.
- Chloe's original name was Clotilde. However, it is unknown if Chloe is just a nickname for Clotilde in the movie, which means "Heroine" in German.
- Dachsies can also be spelled Doxies, depending on the person.