A four-member teen girl group named the Cheetah Girls go to a Manhattan high school for the performing arts and try to become the first freshmen to win the talent show in the school's history. During the talent show auditions, they meet a big-time producer named Jackal Johnson, who tries to make the group into superstars, but the girls run into many problems. Galleria becomes a full-time snob and forgets her friends, Dorinda has to choose between her friends or the dance club and other things that could break the Cheetah Girls apart permanently.
- Raven-Symoné - Galleria Garibaldi, also known as Bubbles
- Adrienne Bailon - Chanel Simmons, also known as Chuchie
- Sabrina Bryan - Dorinda Thomas, also known as Do
- Kiely Williams - Aquanette Walker, also known as Aqua
- Lynn Whitfield - Dorothea Garibaldi, Galleria's mother
- Kyle Schmid - Derek, the school snob who has a crush on Galleria
- Juan Chioran - Francobollo Garibaldi, Galleria's father
- Lori Anne Alter - Juanita Simmons, Chanel's mother
- Vince Corazza - Jackal Johnson, a record producer and the film's antagonist
- Kyle Saunders - Pucci Simmons (Chanel's little brother)
- Rothaford Gray - Dodo
- Enis Esmer - Rick (Comedian)
- Johnie Chase - Doorman
- Kim Roberts - Mrs. Bosco (Dorinda's foster mom)
- Sandra Caldwell - Drinka Champane
The film was directed by Oz Scott and produced by Whitney Houston and David Geffen. The script was written by Alison Taylor and the music was composed by John Van Tongeren and Mark Mothersbaugh. It was shot during October and November 2002 in Toronto, Canada and Manhattan, New York.
An original motion picture soundtrack containing songs from and inspired by the film was released on August 12, 2003 by Walt Disney Records. The soundtrack went to #33 on the Billboard 200 and was certified Double Platinum
- 2004 - Nominated; Black Reel: Television Best Actress (Raven-Symoné)
- 2004 - Nominated; Black Reel: Television Best Supporting Actress (Lynn Whitfield)
- 2004 - Nominated; DGA Award for Outstanding Directorial Achievement in Children's Programs (Oz Scott)
- 2004 - Nominated; Image Award for Outstanding Performance in a Youth/Children's Program (Lynn Whitfield)
- 2012 - Nominated; Vision Award for Best Dramatic Performance (Lynn Whitfield)
The movie premiered with 6.5 million viewers. The DVD sold 800,000 copies.
- The Cheetah Girls was released in 2006 by Disney for Game Boy Advance.
- The Cheetah Girls: Pop Star Sensations was released in 2007 by Disney for Nintendo DS.
- The Cheetah Girls: Passport to Stardom was released in 2008 by Disney for Nintendo DS
- The Cheetah Girls 2 was released August 25, 2006.
The sequel is about a talented teen quartet who take a whirlwind tour of England to pursue their dreams of pop superstardom. Its premiere received a total of over 8.1 million viewers."The Party's Just Begun" at a Graduation Party for the Manhattan Magnet's Class of 2006. While having a sleep-over at Galleria's, Chanel tells the girls that her mother, Juanita, is planning a trip to Barcelona, Spain, where they will be visiting Luc, Juanita's boyfriend. Chanel is upset and does not want to see Luc, while the other girls are upset about being separated for the summer. Aqua sees a shooting star, and the girls make a wish together-to go to Spain with Chanel. Right after that, they find an article in a magazine advertising a music competition there and decide to enter. The whole movie is shot in Barcelona, Spain, including the parts that took place in New York City.
- The Cheetah Girls: One World, was released August 22, 2008
With Galleria at Cambridge for college, Chanel (Adrienne Bailon), Dorinda (Sabrina Bryan), and Aqua (Kiely Williams) are cast in a lavish musical. But their excitement turns to surprise when they learn that this musical will shoot in New Delhi, India, instead of Hollywood. The whole movie took place in New Delhi, India. The Cheetah Girls travel across the globe and receive an even bigger surprise. The musical's director must choose only one Cheetah for the role and the girls are forced to make a decision. Do they stick together or does one do it alone? This movie was shot in Udaipur, India. This movie premiered with 6.2 million viewers.
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at The Cheetah Girls (film). The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Disney Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|