Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The first English translation, by Edgar Taylor, appeared in 1826 as German Popular Stories. Various other translations soon followed, and the Grimms' work became extremely popular and influential, leading not only to the collection by various other antiquarians of their own nations' popular stories, but also to original stories being written in the style of their fairy tales, such as Hans Christian Anderson's "The Little Mermaid."
Among the stories that can be rightfully claimed to be theirs that were adapted by the Disney studios are:
- Brave Little Tailor ("Das tapfere Schneiderlein," Tale 20)
- Hansel and Gretel - Babes in the Woods and Hansel and Gretel (Mickey Mouse Works short) ("Hänsel und Gretel" ("Jackie and Maggie"), Tale 15)
- The Princess and the Frog ("Der Froschkönig, oder der eiserne Heinrich" ("The Frog King, or Faithful Henry"), Tale 1)
- Rapunzel - Tangled ("Rapunzel" ("Rampion"), Tale 12)
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs ("Schneewittchen," Tale 53)