The Bite-Sized Adventures of Sam Sandwich is a Disney Junior short series. It follows the adventures of a superhero (and apparently psychic) sandwich named Sam and his sidekick Salad Lad, as they battle an assortment of villains who exist for no other reason than to give kids junk food.
- Sam Sandwich (Voiced by Wally Wingert): The main character, an anthropomorphic, bipedal, hero sandwich. He uses a wide array of gadgets to stop villains, such as jet boots, and his spaghetti blaster. He also has a sandwich sense, which allows him to detect evil.
- Salad Lad (voiced by Scott Menville): A broccoli-cherry tomato hybrid, Salad Lad is an inventor, and presumably made most of the inventions Sam uses in his fight against obesity. He has an inferiority complex, apparently, but little is delved into it.
- David (portrayed by Cade Cannon Bal): David is basically mission control for the team. He informs the pair of strange food-related happenings around town, which inevitably lead the two to one of four evil villains.
- Sweet Tooth: A female antagonist with a cupcake for a head, she wants to make children eat only sweets. This antagonist is reminiscent of the witch from Hansel and Gretel. She has enormous lips (the pink color implies these are natural and not a consequence of lipstick usage), a southern drawl, a lanky, disproportionate body, a sinister grin, and polka-dotted skin (although maybe it's just a jumpsuit of some kind). She is a master of disguise and can throw bits of the frosting on her head to entrap foes. She may have been killed off at the end of "Sugar Chef", where she is frozen solid. Sam often refers to her as his nemesis.
- Fryborg: Fryborg, contrary to his name, appears to be entirely robotic. He speaks with a stereotypical robot voice and mannerisms, and is the largest of the antagonists. His arms can change into a number of things to commit crime and attack the goodies with. Fryborg, true to his name, likes dishing out deep fried foods. Both of Fryborg's appearances have him short-circuiting. Fryborg can also shape shift into a truck. He appears to have missing teeth. These combined with his wide eyes, give him a dopey, non-threatening appearance.
- Salty Pup: A dog pirate with beady eyes and a salt shaker for a peg leg, Salty Pup likes overly salted foods like pretzels. He does have a sword, and will use it, but Sam is simply a better swordsman than he is. He's also armed with cannons.
- Big Cheese: An overweight, cheese-headed villain, Big Cheese likes to feed kids over sized food. Big Cheese wears a business suit and has a flying chair which he rides on, like a cross between a James Bond villain and Dr. Robotnik. He also sounds just like Kaos from Skylanders.
The series was produced by Wholesome Productions Inc for Disney Junior. Dozens of Sam Sandwich faces were created for just one little series of 5-minute shorts, an incredible and dedicated feat.
- Lunch Candy
- Lunch Truck Trick
- Raining Fries
- Sugar Chef
- Mega-Sized Menace
- Sweet Water
- Sam's Secret Weapons
- All You Can Eat
- Buried Salty Treasure
- Salt Canon Caper