Goofy goes to Sugar Bowl Ski Resort, to learn how to ski. The name of the resort can be seen in the opening frames of the cartoon. Sugar Bowl Ski Resort was used because Walt Disney had an interest in the Sugar Bowl ski area, to the extent that one of the peaks at Sugar Bowl is named Mt. Disney after him.
The narrator mentions the alternate pronunciation of skiing as "shiing" (she-ing). Another Goofy cartoon featured Goofy mentioning this to an Ancient Greek.
- The premiere of this short was held at the Fairmont Hotel in San Francisco, which was hosting the Annual Skiers Ball. Walt Disney and his wife, Lillian, attended the event, and Walt introduced the cartoon to the audience.
- Phase of "skiing pronounced "Sheeing" " is the goofiest phase ever heard by fans.
- John McLeish - Narrator
- Hannes Schroll - Vocal Effects (yodelling sounds, Goofy yelling)
- Disneyland, episode #2.24: "The Goofy Sports Story"
- The Mouse Factory, episode #1.17: "Sports"
- A Disney Channel Christmas
- Mickey's Mouse Tracks, episode #36
- The Ink and Paint Club, episode #1.3: "Sports Goofy"
- Have a Laugh!, episode #6
- Goofy Over Sports
- Walt Disney Cartoon Classics: More Sport Goofy
- Jiminy Cricket's Christmas
- Walt Disney Cartoon Classics - Special Edition: The Goofy World of Sports
- Bonus on Santa Who?
- Walt Disney Treasures: The Complete Goofy
- Walt Disney's Classic Cartoon Favorites: Starring Goofy
- Have a Laugh!: Volume 2