- Tex Dinoco: "Oh-ee! That was one close finish. You sure made Dinoco proud. Thank you, King."
The King: "Well, Tex, you've been good to me all these years. It's the least I could do."
- —The King and Tex
Tex Dinoco is a minor character in the Cars franchise.
"Tex has been Dinoco's team owner and talent scout for over 20 years. Sure, he's a smooth-talker from the Lone Star State, but he's also a genuine guy with a big heart. He knows it takes more than flash and big talk to win -- it takes loyalty, smarts and a lot of hard work. And Tex ought to know; he started Dinoco with just one tiny oil well, and now he runs the largest oil empire in the world."
In Cars, Tex is first seen driving alongside The King and his wife, near the Dinoco tent.
Later, in Lightning McQueen's daydream of Chick Hicks getting sponsored by Dinoco, Chick touches Tex with his tire, and both of them along with the Dinoco gang laugh. He is then seen with Chick when the text "The New Face of Dinoco" is shown.
At the Los Angeles International Speedway race, he and Lynda cheer on for The King. They both get shocked when Chick rams The King off the track, and are happy to see McQueen push The King towards the finish line.
At the end of the film, he offers Lightning the chance to become the new face of Dinoco, but is turned down. He later lets Mater ride in the Dinoco team helicopter.
He also reappears in Cars 3. In Cars 3, it is also known that he likes to make jokes, as after Lightning McQueen won another race, Tex Dinoco said to Lightning, "Just say the word and I'll boot Cal off of Dinoco's team and replace him with you" and later, when McQueen leaves, Tex says to Cal, "Oh come on now, I'm joking". Later, at the end of the film, Tex also owns Rust-eze, having bought it from Sterling.
- Tex is a 1975 Cadillac Coupe De Ville.
- Tex's license plate reads "DINOCO". The same applies for Dex, his Cars Toons doppelganger.
- Tex has a similar car body to Mel Dorado, a TV show host in Cars 2.
- Tex's name is a reference to his home (Texas) and strong Texan dialect. It could also be a reference to THX's mascot of the same name (who Pixar also created).
- At the very end of the movie Tex says "If there's any thing I can do for you, just let me know." and Lightning McQueen says "I sure appreciate that thank you, actually there is one thing." At the end of Cars 2 the exact same quote is heard when Finn McMissile lets Mater keep his rockets.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Car Finder" (supplementary material on Blu-ray Disc release of Cars). 2007. Blu-ray Disc. Walt Disney Home Entertainment, 2007.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Pixar Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of the Pixar Wiki is available under the CC-BY-SA license.|