Ted Elliott is an American screenwriter. Along with his writing partner Terry Rossio, Elliott has written some of the most successful American films of the past 15 years, including Aladdin, Shrek, and the Pirates of the Caribbean series. In 2004, he was elected to the Board of Directors of the Writers Guild of America; his term on the board ended in 2006. Along with fellow former board member Craig Mazin, Elliott runs The Artful Writer, a website aimed at professional screenwriters. He is also a co-founder with Terry Rossio of Wordplay a.k.a. Wordplayer.com, one of the premier screenwriting sites on the Internet.
In 2005, Elliott ran for president of the Writers Guild of America, West, but lost to animation writer and historical figurine maker Patric Verrone. Verrone received 1301 votes; Elliott received 591.
Disney Filmography (partial listing)
- 1992 - Aladdin (screenwriter)
- 2002 - Treasure Planet (story)
- 2003 - Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl (screenwriter)
- 2004 - National Treasure (screenwriter) (uncredited)
- 2006 - Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest (screenwriter)
- 2007 - Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (screenwriter)
- 2007 - National Treasure: Book of Secrets (story by)
- 2009 - G-Force (associate producer/writer uncredited)
- 2011 - Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (screenwriter/associate producer)
- 2013 - The Lone Ranger (screenwriter)