Not much is known about Tarzan's birth parents. They are very close as it is shown in the movie's opening, when they embrace after they were all safely off their burning ship.
- Tarzan's Father seems to be very strong, but also very kind, as well as very observant. When baby Tarzan pointed to the large tree in a playful manner, he instantly knew it would be a safe place to build a safe home together.
- Tarzan's Mother seems to be an independent woman with equal emotional and mental strength to that of her husband. When she and her husband were building the tree house she was by his side the entire time. She is also strong and persevering because she is seen carrying Tarzan on her back while building the tree house.
It is known however, that they loved each other, and their son, very much; this was shown in the beginning of the film, when Tarzan's Father risked being burned as he attempted to lower the lifeboat where his wife and son are on it from the burning ship, as well as when his mother helped him into the lifeboat after jumping off the ship.
Another example of their love is when they give their lives to keep Tarzan safe from Sabor. This was their ultimate sacrifice.
There is also a good chance that if they could somehow know about Kala, and her efforts to take care of Tarzan, they would love her and be grateful to her for everything she had done for their son.
Tarzan's parents cast ashore in an unknown area of Africa with Tarzan after their ship is burned down. Although it is unseen on screen, they are killed by Sabor, as seen when Kala rescues Tarzan from Sabor after seeing their bodies.
Eventually, they were avenged by Tarzan as an adult, who would grow up to kill Sabor.
- It seems Tarzan has gotten his hair color and facial shape from his father, and gained his mother's hair type and eye color.
- In the novel, their names are given as Lady Alice Greystroke and Lord John Greystroke.
- Their death is different from the original source material. In the novel Tarzan of the Apes, Lady Alice dies from natural causes and Lord Greystroke is killed by Kerchak.
- Ironically, the main human villain of the film, shared the same name as Tarzan's father, John Clayton.
- Tarzan's parents are the first Disney parents to die around the same time in the movie, the second being Anna and Elsa's parents from Frozen.
- In one deleted scene, it is depicted differently as we see his father look sadly at his wife's picture before protecting their son, implying she is already dead like in the novel.