Not much is known about Tarzan's birth parents. They are very close as it is shown in the movie's opening, when they embrace after they were all safely off their burning ship.
- John Clayton/Lord Greystoke (Tarzan's Father) seems to be very strong, but also very kind, as well as very observant. When baby Tarzan pointed to the large tree in a playful manner, he instantly knew it would be a safe place to build a safe home together.
- Lady Alice Greystoke (Tarzan's Mother) seems to be an independent woman with equal emotional and mental strength to that of her husband. When she and her husband were building the tree house she was by his side the entire time. She is also strong and persevering because she is seen carrying Tarzan on her back while building the tree house.
It is known however, that they loved each other, and their son, very much; this was shown in the beginning of the film, when Tarzan's Father risked being burned as he attempted to lower the lifeboat where his wife and son are on it from the burning ship, as well as when his mother helped him into the lifeboat after jumping off the ship.
Another example of their love is when they give their lives to keep Tarzan safe from Sabor. This was their ultimate sacrifice.
There is also a good chance that if they could somehow know about Kala, and her efforts to take care of Tarzan, they would love her and be grateful to her for everything she had done for their son.
Tarzan's parents cast ashore in an unknown area of Africa with Tarzan after their ship is burned down. Although it is unseen on screen, they are killed and eaten by Sabor, as seen when Kala rescues Tarzan from Sabor after seeing their bodies.
Eventually, they were avenged by Tarzan as an adult, who would grow up to kill Sabor.
In one deleted scene, the scene is depicted differently as we see his father look sadly at his wife's picture before protecting their son, implying she is dead.
- It seems Tarzan has gotten his hair color and facial shape from his father, and gained his mother's hair type and eye color.
- If someone looks closely, the dead body of Tarzan's mother has lost her right hand, make it possibly the most graphic dead body in Disney histories.
- Their death is different from the original source material. In the novel Tarzan of the Apes, Lady Alice dies in her sleep of sickness and Lord Greystoke is killed by Kerchak.
- Ironically the main human villain of the film shared the same name as Tarzan's father, John Clayton.
- At the end of "You will be in my heart" (shortly after Tarzan is adopted by Kala), a woman's voice can be heard softly whispering "Always...". This could be interpreted to be the spirit of Tarzan's mother, noting her undying love for her son.
- This is incorrect however, as Kala is the one who whispers it. If someone watches Kala at that moment, they would see her whisper it.
- Tarzan's parents are the first Disney parents to die around the same time in the movie, the second being Anna and Elsa's parents from Frozen. Interestingly enough, both Tarzan and Frozen were directed by Chris Buck. On another interesting note, both happened whilst they were travelling overseas.
TV Series Characters: Tublat | Hista | Zutho | Gozan and Hungo | Ian McTeague | Count Nikolas Rokoff | Lady Waltham | Queen La | Leopard Men | Kats | Usula | Dr. Doyle | Eleanor | Greenly | Hazel | Ian | Lieutenant Colonel Staquait | Renard Dumont | Samuel T. Philander | Theodore Roosevelt | Hugo and Hooft | Nuru and Sheeta | Edgar Rice Burroughs | Mangani | Dania | German Poacher
Objects: Queen La's Staff
Other: The Disney Afternoon