Tangled: The Series is an upcoming Disney Television Animated series, based on Walt Disney Animation Studios' acclaimed feature film of the same name. The series is set to premiere in June 2017 on Disney Channels around the world. The series pilot will make its debut in February 2017 with a television special. Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi will reprise their roles as Rapunzel and Eugene (also known as Flynn Rider) and also reunite Disney Legend and Academy Award-winning composer Alan Menken and lyricist Glenn Slater.
Set between the events of the feature film and the start of the 2012 short film, Tangled Ever After, the animated series unfolds as Rapunzel acquaints herself with her parents, her kingdom and the people of Corona. Her irrepressible spirit and natural curiosity about the world drives her to the realization that there is so much more she needs to learn before she can truly accept her royal destiny. She boldly puts her crown and impending marriage on hold to seek out epic adventures, much to the dismay of the King who, after missing out on Rapunzel's youth, must accept that his daughter is now an independent young woman. Accompanying Rapunzel on her journey will be Eugene; the plucky chameleon sidekick, Pascal; the no-nonsense horse, Maximus; The Snuggly Duckling Pub Thugs; and newcomer Cassandra, a tough-as-nails handmaiden, who becomes Rapunzel's confidant.
- Mandy Moore as Rapunzel
- Zachary Levi as Flynn Rider
- Jeffrey Tambor as Big Nose
- Paul F. Tompkins as Shorty
- M. C. Gainey as The Captain of the Guards
- Clancy Brown as King Frederic
- Ashley Judd as Queen Arianna
- Eden Espinosa as Cassandra
- Jeff Ross as Hook Foot
- Richard Kind as Uncle Monty
- Sean Hayes as Pete the Guard
- Peter MacNicol as Nigel the Advisor
- Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as blacksmith Xavier
- Diedrich Bader as Stan the Guard
- Charles Halford as Vladimir
- Steven Blum as Attila Buckethead
- James Monroe Iglehart as Lance Strongbow
- Jeremy Jordan as Varian
- Jonathan Banks as Quirin
- This will be the third television series since 1995 to be based on a movie featuring a Disney Princess. The first two were The Little Mermaid and Aladdin.
- It will also be the thirteenth television series to be based on a Disney animated feature, after Timon and Pumbaa, Jungle Cubs, 101 Dalmatians: The Series, Hercules, The Legend of Tarzan, Lilo & Stitch: The Series, The Emperor's New School, Jake and the Never Land Pirates, The 7D and The Lion Guard.
- Interestingly, Rapunzel is seen with her long hair intact, despite it being cut at the end of Tangled and seen that way throughout Tangled Ever After, though it is too early to claim that it is an error, as an explanation might be given in series.
- The series is reportedly planned to air seventy-eight episodes over the course of three seasons.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 REPORT: Disney’s ‘Tangled Before Ever After’ to Premiere in February
- ↑ "Disney TVA News post". Twitter (Ocotber 10, 2016).
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 3.15 3.16 Oh My Disney: "New Details and Casting Revealed For Disney Channel’s Tangled: Before Ever After".
- ↑ Ng, Philiana. "EXCLUSIVE: Zachary Levi Dishes on Disney Channel's New 'Tangled' Series, Keeps Hope Alive for 'Chuck' Update". (Article) Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved on May 18.