Tangled: The Series is a Disney Television Animated series, based on Walt Disney Animation Studios' acclaimed feature film of the same name. The series premiered on March 24, 2017 on Disney Channels around the world. The series pilot made its debut in March 10, 2017 with a television special. Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi reprise their roles as Rapunzel and Eugene (also known as Flynn Rider) and also reunite Disney Legend and Academy Award-winning composer Alan Menken and lyricist Glenn Slater.
- Main article: Tangled episode list
Set between the events of the feature film and the start of the 2012 short film, Tangled Ever After, the animated series unfolds as Rapunzel acquaints herself with her parents, her kingdom and the people of Corona. Her irrepressible spirit and natural curiosity about the world drives her to the realization that there is so much more she needs to learn before she can truly accept her royal destiny. She boldly puts her crown and impending marriage on hold to seek out epic adventures, much to the dismay of the King who, after missing out on Rapunzel's youth, must accept that his daughter is now an independent young woman. Accompanying Rapunzel on her journey will be Eugene; the plucky chameleon sidekick, Pascal; the no-nonsense horse, Maximus; The Snuggly Duckling Pub Thugs; and newcomer Cassandra, a tough-as-nails handmaiden, who becomes Rapunzel's confidant.
- Mandy Moore as Rapunzel
- Zachary Levi as Flynn Rider
- Jeffrey Tambor as Big Nose
- Paul F. Tompkins as Shorty
- M. C. Gainey as The Captain of the Guards
- Clancy Brown as King Frederic
- Julie Bowen as Queen Arianna
- Eden Espinosa as Cassandra
- Jeff Ross as Hook Foot
- Richard Kind as Uncle Monty
- Sean Hayes as Pete the Guard
- Peter MacNicol as Nigel the Advisor
- Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as blacksmith Xavier
- Diedrich Bader as Stan the Guard
- Charles Halford as Vladimir
- Steven Blum as Attila Buckethead
- James Monroe Iglehart as Lance Strongbow
- Jeremy Jordan as Varian
- Jonathan Banks as Quirin
- Pat Carroll as Old Lady Crowley
- It is the thirteenth television series to be based on a Disney animated feature, after The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Timon & Pumbaa, Jungle Cubs, 101 Dalmatians: The Series, Hercules, The Legend of Tarzan, Lilo & Stitch: The Series, The Emperor's New School, Jake and the Never Land Pirates, The 7D and The Lion Guard.
- Rapunzel's hair magically grows back.
- The series is reportedly planned to air seventy-eight episodes over the course of three seasons.
- This is also the second series to be greenlit by Disney for an entire series after Star Wars Rebels.
- Three TV specials, including Tangled: Before Ever After are planned for March 2017, November 2017, and February 2018.
- The show was originally scheduled to premiere in June 2017 but was moved up to March.
- Four animated shorts will be released on April 11 by Walt Disney Studios.
- Rapunzel's Journal was inspired by executive producer, Chris Sonnenburg's, daughter's journal. His daughter, Arianna, also gave Queen Arianna her name.
- Old Lady Crowley gets her name from line producer, Joe Crowley.
- Zachary Levi, who plays Eugene, also lends his voice to Feldspar, the doofy cobbler.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 Oh My Disney: "New Details and Casting Revealed For Disney Channel’s Tangled: Before Ever After".
- ↑ Nemetz, Dave (January 19, 2017). "Julie Bowen Replaces Ashley Judd in Disney's Animated Tangled Series". (Article) TV Line.
- ↑ Ng, Philiana. "EXCLUSIVE: Zachary Levi Dishes on Disney Channel's New 'Tangled' Series, Keeps Hope Alive for 'Chuck' Update". (Article) Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved on May 18.
- ↑ "StitchKingdom Post". Twitter (December 23, 2016).
- ↑ "Disney Television Animation News Post". Tumblr (January 31, 2017).
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 "ForeverTangledUp Post". Tumblr (March 23. 2017).