Liv is up for a big sci-fi movie role, and Maddie has to retake her driver’s test. Liv is having a little trouble with how she could get the lead in the movie, but when she sees that Maddie is a sci-fi geek, she asks her sister for help. Maddie wants to help, but her test is on the day of Liv's autograph-signing. That's when they decide to have a switch-a-rooney and masquerade as each other. There's just one big problem: Maddie can't see without her glasses, and Liv can't see with glasses.
- This episode premiered the same night as Dove's movie Cloud 9.
- This is the second episode to air on Friday.
- In this episode they switch places although they have done this before this is the first time we get to see them switch places.
- Liv and Maddie did a Switch-a-Rooney when they were 6, which resulted in Karen writing their names on their foreheads in permanent marker. So that summer they had to wear headbands, which Liv claims that they "rocked the look".
- Liv's role on the sci-fi movie was a girl named Tristan. The role was originally for a guy but it was changed into a girl.
- Maddie failed her driving test and Liv passed due to Maddie's inability to take a left turn.
- If you look closely, when Parker and Joey are in the comic book store, there is a DVD called Bits & Pieces, which was the original name for the show.
- This is the second time Liv has pretended to be Maddie. The first time occurred in "Twin-a-Rooney".
- In "Sweet 16-a-Rooney", Liv and Maddie become sixteen so they can have a driver license, and in this episode they take a driving test to get their driving license.