Stephanie "Stevie" Nichols is a character in Wizards of Waverly Place. She is a former wizard.
Stevie first appeared in "Detention Election," where she meets Alex in detention. They soon became friends and learn they have a lot in common.
Harper discovers Stevie is a wizard and, after a memory jog from Alex, tells her this discovery. Soon, Harper feels like the third wheel.
In "The Good, The Bad and the Alex", Stevie conducts a revolution of wizards to override the power distributor, which is what takes wizards' powers away and transfers them when they lose the wizard competition and gets Alex and Max to join her. However, she was unaware that Alex would turn on her. Alex and Harper help Warren get his full powers by transferring Stevie's powers to him, while Stevie is frozen. Not much after, Max accidentally tipped over Stevie's statue shattering her to pieces.
In response to fans wondering if Stevie had died, Todd J. Greenwald followed up on Stevie's storyline. He stated that "Stevie was fused back together and sent off to an island for 6 months of 'Soul Rehab'. She now lives a happy, fulfilling life back in the Wiz World with her new dogs, Mark and Susan. He also stated that this will never be shown in an episode, and Stevie's storyline has ended.
Stevie's personality is very similar to Alex's. However, Stevie seems to not possess the same compassion and kind-heartedness that Alex does.
Stevie's wand is skinny like Alex's. It's silver, with black lines encircling the shaft. Like Alex's, there is an orb at the top, but silver instead of green.
- "Detention Election" (first appearance)
- "Eat to the Beat"
- "Third Wheel"
- "The Good, the Bad and the Alex" (final appearance)
- Justin pointed that Alex and Stevie were very alike.
- Stevie puts her wand in her boot just like Alex.
- Stevie is one of the only known wizards to have attended Tribeca Prep. Other wizard students include T.J. Taylor, Alex, Justin, and Max.
- She is the second character out of three characters that die on-screen (the first being the Mummy, followed by Gorog).