Star Wars Rebels is an animated series produced by Lucasfilm and Lucasfilm Animation. The series takes place between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, in which the Galactic Empire is securing its grip on the galaxy and hunting down the last of the surviving Jedi Knights as a fledgling rebellion against the Empire is taking shape. The visual style of Star Wars Rebels is inspired by the original Star Wars trilogy concept art by Ralph McQuarrie.
- Main article: Star Wars Rebels episode list
The series is set approximately 5 BBY (Before the Battle of Yavin), fourteen years into the reign of the Galactic Empire. The general premise is described as follows:
"It is a dark time in the galaxy, as the evil Galactic Empire tightens its grip of power from world to world. As the series begins, Imperial forces have occupied a remote planet, ruling with an iron fist and ruining the lives of its people. But there are a select few who are brave enough to stand up against the endless Stormtroopers and TIE fighters of the Empire: the clever and motley crew of the starship Ghost. Together, this ragtag group will face threatening new villains, have thrilling adventures, and become heroes."
- Main article: List of Star Wars Rebels characters
- Taylor Gray as Ezra Bridger
- Freddie Prinze, Jr. as Kanan Jarrus
- Steven Blum as Garazeb Orrelios
- Tiya Sircar as Sabine Wren
- Vanessa Marshall as Hera Syndulla
Lucasfilm Ltd. veteran sculptor Darren Marshall, who worked on Star Wars: The Clone Wars prior to its cancellation in 2013, developed sculpts for the core characters of Star Wars Rebels before leaving Lucasfilm in June 2013. By December 2013, the production crew had finished developing the series' first season and had begun animating the first script.
After the second episode of the series was aired, a second season was already confirmed.
Star Wars Rebels was first announced on March 11, 2013, as an unnamed animated series set to replace Star Wars: The Clone Wars. Its name and premiere date were announced in a press release on May 20, 2013. It premiered on October 2014 with a televised movie on Disney Channel written by Executive Producer Simon Kinberg. Following the premiere, the series moved to Disney XD.
Several crew members from The Clone Wars, which was pulled from the air in 2013, are returning for Rebels:
- Dave Filoni - Creator, Executive producer and Supervising Director
- Joel Aron - CG supervisor
- Athena Portillo - Producer
- Kilian Plunkett - Art director
- Keith Kellogg - Animation supervisor
- Paul Zinnes - Asset supervisor
Trailers and Clips
Behind the Scenes
- Star Wars Rebels on Facebook
- Star Wars Rebels: Dave Filoni reveals the Inquisitor, talks up series at NYCC
- sienarfleetsystems.com - A Star Wars Rebels promotional site
- Star Wars Rebels on Disney XD
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at Star Wars Rebels. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Disney Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Wookieepedia. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors).. As with Disney Wiki, the text of Wookieepedia is available under the CC-by-SA Free Documentation License.|