|| "Even miracles take a little time."
This article features media from Disney or its subsidiaries that has yet to be released.
To prevent speculation, please add reliable sources to the unreleased media. Any information that is not backed up by citations may be removed.
- Daisy Ridley as Rey
- John Boyega as Finn
- Adam Driver as Ben Solo/Kylo Ren
- Oscar Isaac as Poe Dameron
- Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker
- Billy Dee Williams as Lando Calrissian
- Anthony Daniels as C-3PO
- Joonas Suotamo as Chewbacca
- Lupita Nyong'o as Maz Kanata
- Domhnall Gleeson as General Hux
- Kelly Marie Tran as Rose Tico
- Billie Lourd as Lieutenant Connix
- Carrie Fisher as Leia Organa (unreleased footage)
- Naomi Ackie as TBA
- Richard E. Grant as TBA
- Keri Russell as TBA
- Matt Smith as TBA
- Dominic Monaghan as TBA
Unofficial reports claimed in November 2012 that Lawrence Kasdan, who wrote the screenplays for both The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi, and co-writer Simon Kinberg would divide writing responsibilities for The Last Jedi and IX, and both would co-produce all three films of the upcoming sequel trilogy, alongside Kathleen Kennedy.
However, in February 2013, Disney confirmed that Kasdan and Kinberg were working on standalone films, not Sequel Trilogy episodes.
During a concert with the Young Musician's Foundation Debut Orchestra on February 9, composer John Williams stated that he was hoping to get the chance to write the musical scores for the entire new trilogy. His involvement was made official when Star Wars Insider 144 stated he would score the "new Star Wars trilogy".
On September 12, 2017, it was announced that J. J. Abrams will return to direct the film, replacing Colin Trevorrow, with Chris Terrio announced to be writing the script with Abrams. It was further announced later in the day that the film had been delayed to December 20, 2019.
- ↑ "Star Wars: Episode IX and Next Indiana Jones Get Release Dates". StarWars.com. (April 25, 2017)
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 "STAR WARS: EPISODE IX CAST ANNOUNCED". StarWars.com. (July 27, 2018)
- ↑ Hipes, Patrick (July 27, 2018). "Keri Russell Is In ‘Star Wars: Episode IX’ After All". Retrieved on July 29, 2018.
- ↑ "MATT SMITH TO BE JOINING STAR WARS EPISODE IX". Gizmodo. (August 28, 2018)
- ↑ Fleming, Mike (August 24, 2018). "Dominic Monaghan Re-Unites With JJ Abrams In Star Wars: Episode IX". Retrieved on August 24, 2018.
- ↑ J. J. Abrams returning to Star Wars Episode IX
- ↑ "Star Wars: Episode IX Moves To Dec. 2019, Disney’s Christopher Robin Project Opens Next August". Deadline. (September 12, 2017)
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Wookieepedia. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors).. As with Disney Wiki, the text of Wookieepedia is available under the CC-by-SA Free Documentation License.|