Star Wars: The Clone Wars is an animated series produced by Lucasfilm and Lucasfilm Animation. The series takes place between Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones and Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, and served as a continuation to Cartoon Network Studios' Star Wars: Clone Wars. A preceding feature film was released theatrically on August 15, 2008 by Warner Bros. Pictures.
Unlike its feature film predecessor, The Clone Wars has been met with countless positive reviews, and has even won an Emmy. The show also garnered the highest views ever for a Cartoon Network television series.
After The Walt Disney Company purchased Lucasfilm in 2012, The Clone Wars ended its five season run on Cartoon Network in March 2013. Lucasfilm later announced that they would be ending the Clone Wars with a few final episodes, as they are moving on with the Sequel Trilogy and Star Wars Rebels, which currently airs on Disney XD.
The Clone Wars aired its sixth and final season of 13 episodes. Netflix has been given exclusive access to all season six episodes along with the entirety of the series, which became available for streaming on March 7, 2014. The episodes have been distributed and funded by the Disney-ABC Television Group, and aired on February 15 in Germany on TFN.
Despite the cancellation of the series at season six, there were unfinished episodes of The Clone Wars that were written and a multimedia project called The Clone Wars Legacy. The stories in these episodes are still considered Canon by Lucasfilm and were released in other media, namely comic books, animation reels, and a novel. In 2014, a Darth Maul four-part story arc was adapted into a comic book series and was titled Star Wars: Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir. A four-episode Crystal Crisis on Utapau arc was released online in the form of animated story reels. StarWars.com announced that another unfinished, four-episode story arc, Bad Batch, would be screened in story-reel form at Celebration Anaheim, it was later released online on StarWars.com. Later, an eight-part story arc that was scripted but not fully produced that stars Asajj Ventress and Quinlan Vos was adapted into a novel called Dark Disciple was released July 7, 2015.
Season Six Episodes Distributed by Netflix
- 601. The Unknown - Clone Trooper Tup succumbs to a mysterious mental illness that results in the shocking death of a Jedi Master. Unable to account for his murderous actions, Tup is sedated and sent back to Kamino for examination. Anakin and ARC trooper Fives accompany Tup, but their return trip is ambushed by Separatists.
- 602. Conspiracy - In the sterile laboratories of Kamino, the ailing Clone Trooper Tup and his friend Fives are quarantined for examination following Tup's shocking murder of a Jedi Master. With the help of medical droid AZI-3, Fives is determined to get to the bottom of Tup's condition and uncovers a secret deep within the Republic cloning program.
- 603. Fugitive - Clone trooper Tup is scheduled for transport to Coruscant , where the Supreme Chancellor's own doctors will closely examine him. Fives breaks protocol and defies orders to dig up answers, and discovers that there is an organic construct of unknown purpose hidden in the brains of all Clone Troopers.
- 604. Orders - Fives continues to push for answers regarding the mystery of the clone contamination and secures an audience with Supreme Chancellor Palpatine. But the situation quickly collapses when Fives is accused of attacking the Chancellor, and he must flee deep into the Coruscant cityscape while pursued by his fellow clone troopers.
- 605. An Old Friend - While on Scipio to fund a mercy mission, Padmé Amidala is called upon by an old friend, Rush Clovis, to help uncover corruption in the Banking Clan. They must evade the bounty hunter Embo to escape the planet with the incriminating information.
- 606. The Rise of Clovis - Back on Coruscant, Clovis—known traitor of the Republic—makes a dubious deal which puts him at the head of the Banking Clan. Anakin's increasing distrust and hatred of Clovis strains his relationship with Padmé to breaking point.
- 607. Crisis at the Heart - After making a deal with Count Dooku to resuscitate the ailing Banking Clan, Clovis finds himself a pawn in Dooku's designs. Clovis has brought the war to Scipio, forcing the Republic to intervene.
- 608. The Disappeared Part I - The peaceful world of Bardotta and its mystic ways are threatened by an ancient prophecy, and its top spiritual leaders have vanished. Queen Julia of Bardotta calls for help from her most trusted friend in the Senate, Jar Jar Binks. Recognizing the importance of Bardotta's spiritual balance, the Jedi Council sends Mace Windu to accompany Binks and investigate.
- 609. The Disappeared Part II - Jar Jar Binks' beloved Queen Julia of the planet Bardotta has been abducted by the bloodthirsty Frangawl Cult to fulfill a dark and ancient prophecy. Representative Binks and Jedi Master Windu must find the missing Queen before the cult can rise in power.
- 610. The Lost One - A Jedi mission finds a lightsaber belonging to the long-dead Master Sifo-Dyas, prompting Yoda, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Anakin Skywalker to being an investigation into his decade-old disappearance. This sparks Darth Sidious to order Darth Tyranus to clean up any loose ends that may lead the Jedi to discover the truth of the Sith conspiracy.
- 611. Voices - Yoda is deeply unsettled when he hears a voice from beyond the grave: the voice of Qui-Gon Jinn. Knowing that it is impossible for a Jedi to retain his identity after death, the Jedi Council begins to worry that Yoda may be corrupted by the influence of the dark side. Determined to find answers, Yoda escapes the Jedi Temple to follow the disembodied voice.
- 612. Destiny - Letting the Force guide him, Yoda voyages into the heart of the galaxy to an ancient world that is one of the wellsprings of the Force and the source of midi-chlorians. Yoda undergoes difficult trials administered by the Five Priestesses, mysterious Force-wielders who hold the secret to immortality.
- 613. Sacrifice - After many grueling trials, Yoda next travels to the ancient Sith homeworld of Moraband, where he must face an ancient evil determined to rule the galaxy.
In September 2014, Disney and Lucasfilm released four unfinished Clone Wars episodes on StarWars.com, encompassing the "Crystal Crisis on Utapau" story arc. Before the show's cancellation, the arc would have been the premiere of the sixth season, but was later replaced by "The Unknown". Later they adapted a story arc into story reel form and screened it at Star Wars Celebration and later showed it on StarWars.com called "The Bad Batch".
1. A Death on Utapau - Obi-Wan and Anakin investigate a mysterious death of a Jedi Master on Utapau, and uncover a secret Separatist weapons deal the likes of which they have never seen before.
2. In Search of the Crystal - Obi-Wan and Anakin’s investigation on Utapau continues, and they allow themselves to be captured by weapons dealers who possess a focusing crystal of unspeakable power.
3. Crystal Crisis - Obi-Wan and Anakin must escape from Utapau with a kyber crystal before General Grievous and his droid army track them down.
4. The Big Bang - Obi-Wan and Anakin must do all they can to prevent a powerful weapon from falling into General Grievous’ hands.
5. The Bad Batch - Rex, Cody, and Clone Force 99, an unorthodox, elite squad also known as the Bad Batch, look to recover the Republic’s strategy algorithm from Admiral Trench. But a haunting truth awaits...
6. A Distant Echo - Believing that MIA soldier Echo may still be alive, Rex's mission becomes doubly important. Alongside Bad Batch and Anakin Skywalker, the clone captain launches a dangerous covert rescue.
7. On the Wings of Keeradaks - With Echo recovered, Rex, Bad Batch, and Anakin Skywalker look to fight their way out of a Separatist base.
8. Unfinished Business - The Republic plans a daring final strike against Wat Tambor and Admiral Trench, once again bringing together Rex, Echo, Anakin Skywalker, and the elite Bad Batch squad.