The statue of Stanley marks the very spot where Radiator Springs was founded. As he was traveling west searching for a place to settle and make his fortune, Stanley stumbled upon a natural spring coming up from the earth. He stopped to fill his radiator and never left. Soon afterward Stanley met Lizzie, the love of his life, and together they founded Radiator Springs, which soon became a legendary resting spot for travelers making their way across Route 66.
At the end of Cars 2, Mater passed the statue with his rockets, causing the statue to spin around, but it landed on its original spot.
- A vehicle similar to Stanley is featured in the Pixar short "Boundin".
- Stanley resembles a steam car made by the Stanley Motor Carriage Company, the Stanley Steamer.
- Stanley is seen in a painting in the Town Courthouse & the Radiator Springs Fire Department.
- Stanley is also seen in Heavy Metal Mater when Dex rolls out of the room; he is seen at the end of the hall.
- In "Time Travel Mater", it is shown how he and Lizzie got married and first met each other.
- Stanley's business from Time Travel Mater appears in the queue for Radiator Springs Racers as both a water tower and a radiator fountain.
- Stanley worked as a radiator cap salesman at Stanley's Oasis which was a radiator water filling station and radiator cap replacement station in the original Radiator Springs.
- Stanley appears as a statue in Cars Land. You can find him by looking in front of the garage of the Radiator Springs Fire Department and the Town Courthouse. You can't miss him!