- “Centuries ago, a great war was waged between good and evil, between Ninja and Sorcerer, too powerful to destroy. The Dark One was locked deep underground, his prison sealed with a sacred stone. In the darkness he waits, wreaking havoc, possessing the vulnerable using that which they hold most dear, amassing power from chaos. Once he gains enough power, he will escape and darkness will reign. Preventing this is the sacred duty of the Ninja.”
- ―Excerpt from the NinjaNomicon
Stank is a form of dark magic used by the Sorcerer in the Disney XD series Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja. It appears as a concentrated, chaotic mist that transforms the vulnerable into violent, aggressive monsters.
The power of the Stank seems to come from Chaos Pearls, which are worn as a belt by the Sorcerer. The pearls are powered by those who are either weak-willed, brokenhearted, or are going through a moment of great emotional trauma. The Stank takes hold of that which a victim holds most dear. Whatever the victim holds dear can be an object, like a hat or an instrument, but it can also be abstract, such as a relationship or losing a competition.
If enough victims become possessed by the Stank, the Sorcerer's Chaos Pearls will gain enough energy to release him from his prison under Norrisville High. It's revealed in "Sorcerer in Love" and "Randy Cunningham: 13th Century Ninja" that once freed, the Sorcerer is able to use Stank with free will to possess anyone he chooses.
The one way to revert Stanked victims back to normal is by destroying whatever the Stank has possessed. Upon the victim reverting to normal, the Stank returns to the Sorcerer. The victims are unable to recall anything that happened while Stanked and more often than not are dazed and confused.
- In "Sorcerer in Love" and "Randy Cunningham: 13th Century Ninja", it's shown that the Sorcerer can use the Stank to create blasts of pure energy to shoot at anything for destruction or fighting.
- As revealed in "Randy Cunningham: 13th Century Ninja", the Sorcerer is able to create a projection of himself from Stank to control in order to fight others.
- If enough people are Stanked, a Stanknado starts forming over the school, as seen in "Lucius O'Thunderpunch" and shown in the NinjaNomicon in "Stanks Like Teen Spirit".
Types of Stank
Green - Used by the Sorcerer on a regular basis, mostly to turn vulnerable individuals into monsters. It is shown in the episode "McOne Armed and Dangerous" that the machine the Sorcerer uses to communicate with Hannibal McFist and Willem Viceroy is powered with green Stank, which burst from the machine to Stank McFist in the same episode.
Red - Used by the Sorcerer in "Raiders of the Lost Nomicon", this allows him to open or grab items he'd normally be unable to open far from his prison, although it requires a lot of power and concentration. It also acts as offensive magic.
Yellow - Utilized by the Sorcerer in "Randy Cunningham and the Sorcerer's Key", it allows him to directly control whomever he Stanks. It's extremely complicated, as it takes 100 years to brew. This form of Stank also has the power to combine two or more people into one monster.
Blue - Utilized by the Sorcerer in "Unstank My Hart", this form of Stank builds up power in the victim to transform them into a more powerful monster later on. The unique trick to this Stank is that it works by granting heartbroken individuals their innermost desires, such as giving Levander Hart amazing guitar skills when he originally lacked them.