Lilo makes a bet with Mertle to win the orchid competition at the Kokaua Town fair and steals a dangerous plant experiment against Jumba's warnings, while Pleakley grows a giant "Pinormous" pineapple and Stitch practices being a cowboy for the rodeo. However, when Sprout gets loose (thanks to Mertle) and spreads his roots all over the fairgrounds, Stitch must defeat him cowboy-style.
- Moral: A true champion either wins fair and square or loses fair and square.
- Sprout is an obvious parody of Audrey II from Little Shop of Horrors.
- Sprout bears a great resemblance to most real-life Venus flytraps.
- Lilo is revealed to have a pen pal named Henry from Camp Pendleton.
- This is one of the rare times Jumba forbids an experiment pod to be activated, despite having an evil streak, the other time being in "Snafu".
- Teresa revealed that the old pineapple water tower is creepy to her.
- Stitch seems to have incredible cowboy skills.
- This episode shows that Stitch has a little common sense, as he was hesitant to steal 509's pod from Jumba's desk drawer, and later faulted Lilo for letting Sprout go out of control.
- Although Stitch did not win the rodeo, his human opponent awarded him the cowboy belt for defeating Sprout.
- Gantu, Reuben and Hämsterviel do not appear in this episode.
- In the battle between the Leroy army and the experiments at the end of Leroy & Stitch, Sprout did not spawn into an uncontrollable forest of destruction like he did in his episode.