- “With great power comes great responsibility.”
Spider-Man (real name Peter Benjamin Parker) is a fictional superhero from Marvel Comics. Not only does young Parker have to struggle with his everyday crime-fighting career and constant bullying, he also has to face his greatest challenge yet—high school. On top of all that, Nick Fury, director of S.H.I.E.L.D., has given him access to S.H.I.E.L.D. tech and a team of young teenage super-heroes to aid on his mission to defeat super-powered criminals. A spider's work is never done. He is the titular character in Ultimate Spider-Man, a minor character in The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes, and made a special appearance in the 1-hour special Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel. He is one of Marvel's most popular heroes.
Spider-Man made his debut appearance in the Marvel Cinematic Universe as a supporting character in Captain America: Civil War, and will return as the protagonist in his own solo movie Spider-Man: Homecoming.
Before getting bitten by the radioactive spider and becoming Spider-Man, Peter was a normal school boy. He was shy and often bullied at school and did not take action. As soon as he got his new profound powers, he gained more confidence in himself, occasionally making jokes even in dangerous and serious situations. He is particularly known for taunting his enemies. Peter takes responsibility very seriously because of what his Uncle Ben once told him; "With great power comes great responsibility". At first, Peter did not understand that until it was too late - When he started off using his powers as a wrestler to earn money, Peter let a crook go. He later learned this same crook murdered his uncle, and Peter has held onto that guilt ever since. He can appear tough around people, but he is actually very compassionate. At one point, he decided he did not want to work with a group of young heroes from S.H.I.E.L.D., primarily because he worried for their safety. Peter was shown to be a great leader when he eventually did work with them, so it appears his fears were unfounded.
He is also enthusiastic, and sometimes impulsive, and overconfident but always uses his powers for others before himself no matter what the cost.
Peter is a teenager with a slim, yet muscular physical build, due to the radioactive spider bite. He has brown hair and blue eyes (hazel in the comics and The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes). He wears a white shirt underneath either his light blue or pink button-down shirt, with blue or brown jeans and black sneakers.
While he is Spider-Man, he wears a suit consisting of red and blue with a pattern of webs and a spider emblem on the chest and back.
Spider-Man's costume is based on an arachnid, with the spider suit's primary colors being red and blue, with a silhouette of a spider on the chest and the back. The red has a pattern that resembles that of a spider web, with the center of the web being on the topside of his nose. The red and webs only go to the shoulders on the costume. The eyes on the mask are white one-way lenses with a bold black outline.
After meeting Tony Stark, he made the Iron Spider Armor for him based on his powers. It is composed of red metal, with a golden spider symbol on his chest. Three long mechanical spider-arms stick out of its backside enabling for wall crawling and free-arm use. After S.H.I.E.L.D.'s modification, it can transform into a backpack for Peter.
In the episode "I Am Spider-Man", Coulson and Mary Jane direct a play about Spider-Man with Flash Thompson playing the part, and Sam switches out Peter's costume from his bag with the actor Spider-Man costume, and Peter was mad at him for that. Later on, he used the actor Spidey costume to fight off Trapster. This costume is actually the classic costume with the red and webs going past the shoulders to the wrist part, but the costume has no red spider symbol in the back. Peter may have kept this costume as a back-up unless the one he normally uses is either ripped or torn during battle.
Powers and Abilities
- Spider Physiology: Peter has extraordinary arachnid powers and capabilities which makes him really amazing. Peter possesses the proportionate powers of a spider, granted to him from an irradiated Common House Spider (Achaearanea tepidariorum) which bit Peter that was apparently already mutated from prior exposure to certain frequencies of radiation and received a final, lethal dose during Peter's attendance of the exhibition. The radioactive, complex mutagenic enzymes in the spider's blood that were transferred at the time of the bite triggered numerous body-wide mutagenic changes within Peter, granting him superhuman strength, speed, toughened flesh, and numerous arachnid-like powers.
- Wall-Crawling: Peter has super strong hairs on his palms and feet that allow him to stick to any surface. This ability appears to be consciously used and is so far limited to Peter's body (especially concentrated in his hands and feet) and another object, with an upper limit of several tons per finger. The full nature of this ability has yet to be established, but it seems that like the comic version of the Spider-Man clone Kaine, he is capable of using this combined with his strength to uproot objects from their place without having to fully use his hands such as when he pulled open the back window of a van that he suspend with his webs to save a boy still stuck in the van and he did with ease.
- Spider Sense: Being his most imprint power, Peter possesses the extraordinary ability to sense when danger is about to come before it does; this helps him counter attack the threat before it happens and helps him get ready for what's coming. This power is incorporated in his fighting style. His body begins to produce more adrenaline after the sense is triggered, an extension of the "fight or flight syndrome". A tingling sensation in Peter's skull warns him of danger, where it is coming from and how to avoid it. The stronger the tingling, the more imminent and threatening the danger is. Peter can ignore it through intense concentration, and if he is exhausted or distracted it can lose some effectiveness. This power is passive and not controlled by Peter.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Peter's reflexes are similarly enhanced and are currently about 15 times greater than those of an ordinary human. In combination with his spider-sense, the speed of his reflexes allows him to dodge almost any attack, even direct gunfire, if he is far enough away.
- Superhuman Equilibrium: Peter possesses the ability to achieve a state of perfect equilibrium in any position imaginable. He seems able to adjust his position by instinct, which enables him to balance himself on virtually any object, no matter how small or narrow. He has developed a unique fighting style that has made full use of his agility, strength, and equilibrium.
- Superhuman Agility: Peter's agility, balance, and bodily coordination are all enhanced to levels that are beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete. Peter is extraordinarily limber and his tendons and connective tissues are twice as elastic as the average human being's, despite their enhanced strength. He has the combined agility and acrobatic prowess of the most accomplished circus aerialists and acrobats. He can also perform any complicated sequence of gymnastic stunts such as flips, rolls, and springs. He can easily match or top any Olympic record at gymnastics apparatus such as flying rings, climbing ropes, horizontal bars, and trampolines. Due to his incredible strength and flexibility, Peter is extremely acrobatic and is able to preform high jumps, somersaults, flips and the like. He is also slightly more agile than the Lizard.
- Superhuman Senses: Peter's senses are heightened, specifically his sight as he no longer needs his glasses after the spider bite.
- Superhuman Strength: Peter can approximately lift 5 tons. Peter's strength lets him throw automobiles and most standard heavy objects, he must always pull his punches so he does not unless fighting someone the same power status as him or greater. Otherwise his blows would prove fatal, as Peter has not yet folly grown into adulthood it can be assumed that he will be able to lift 10 tons. Nonetheless, Peter's muscles are stronger and more efficient as a result of the spider's bite. He is shown to be able to easily overpower normal humans, destroy everyday items with one strike such as his alarm clock, shatter the backboard of a basketball hoop in the school gym and doing the same to the front door glass panel at home, pull apart guns, swing at high velocities on a rope or web. His strength is only rivaled by the Lizard; possibly until Peter reaches adulthood, and surpassed only by Captain America, the Hulk, Thor and Thanos.
- Superhuman Speed: Peter can run and move at speeds that are beyond the physical limits of the finest human athlete, though the exact extent of this speed has yet to be determined. When a car thief tried to take a car, Peter was already in the back. Upon the thief getting out of the car, Peter was already out of the back seat and behind him. He is fast enough to outrun police cars that were chasing him. During his battle with Electro, time appeared to slow down when a police car was about to crush nearby civilians he saved them before the people even realized what happened showing that Peter is so fast he will disappear in a second if someone looks away. He is also slightly faster than the Lizard.
- Superhuman Stamina: Peter's advanced musculature produces less fatigue toxins during physical activity than an ordinary human. At his peak, Peter can physically exert himself for several hours before the build up of fatigue toxins in his blood begins to impair him.
- Superhuman Durability: Peter's body is physically tougher and more resistant to injury than the body of a normal human. His body is more resistant to impact forces than anything else. He can withstand great impacts, such as falling from a height of several stories or being struck by a superhumanly strong opponent, that would severely injure or kill a normal human with no discomfort. Peter's muscles and flesh are tougher than a normal human. He was capable of sustaining a fall onto a car, breaking the windshield without any injury or discomfort, and survived a few strong electrical blasts from Electro even a stream of electricity point blank in the face.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Peter's metabolism is greater thus allowing him to heal faster than a normal human. He is also more immune to toxins and alcohol and drugs will lose their effects quicker. It is unknown if his healing is fast enough to effect his aging yet or if it ever will.
- Superhuman Jumping: As a result of the spider's bite, Peter can jump much higher than a normal human, easily capable of jumping over one building over a street to the next, and enabling him the ability to jump to a height of several stories in a single jump.
- Superhuman Leaping: As a result of the spider's bite, Peter can leap much farther than a normal human, easily capable of leaping from one building over a street to the next, enabling him the ability to leap to several feet in a single leap.
- Indomitable Will: Peter has a strong force of will, completely free of evil and temptation. He has struggled to balance his life as a student and his superhero duties.
- Genius-Level Intellect: Academically gifted, Peter displays an uncanny affinity for science, mathematics, mechanics, biology, and physics. Peter is very intelligent, specifically in chemistry and physics. He is smart enough to perfect his father's webbing formula and to construct working mechanical web-shooters.
- Science Major: Peter is a brilliant individual, with exceptional skill in practically every field of science, and is an excellent inventor. He is an accomplished chemist and physicist. He possesses enough competency in this field to invent his trademark web shooters.
- Skilled Photographer: Peter is a very skilled photographer.
- Skilled Acrobat: Thanks to his great strength and phenomenal equilibrium, Peter is an excellent athlete, excelling in all gymnastic fields and being able to perform every acrobatic stunt ever performed, including others that can never be performed by even an Olympic acrobat. Due to his superhuman physical abilities, Peter easily surpasses normal acrobats and is able to preform somersaults, flips, spins, cartwheels, etc.
- Expert Hand-To-Hand Combatant: Thanks to Peter's amazing superhuman physiology, acrobatic powers and spider sense, he is an excellent hand-to-hand combatant using a fighting style derived from his spider-like powers, he made his own street style that could rival virtually any combatant out of sheer volatility to standard fighting techniques (e.g. webbing, wall crawling, super strength to lift heavy objects, etc.) Using a mixture of his superhuman strength, speed, agility, reflexes, speed, equilibrium, Spider-sense, and web-shooters, Peter is able to utilize an devastating acrobatic fighting style that makes him a formidable opponent and allowed him to easily take down thugs, cops (be it regular officers or SWAT officers) and even the more physically powerful Lizard.
- Web-Slinging: Peter uses his web-shooters to travel by swinging on web-lines. Combined with his spider abilities, he can move at amazing speeds throughout the urban chasms of Manhattan. It is unknown how fast, but he seems to be able cover much of the city in a considerable amount of time.
- Advanced Skateboarding: Even before the genetically altered spider bite, Peter is a very skilled skateboarder and skated everywhere he went.
- Web-Shooters: Peter when he began his career created web-shooters to combo with his persona as Spider-Man. They are able to shoot web fluids at high pressure and speed.
- S.H.I.E.L.D.'s Web-Shooters: Peter received new web-shooters from Nick Fury. It is an enhanced version of his own. Unlike his original web shooters, if it is activated, a small target appears, which can be use to aim more properly. It can also store more web fluid in it and reach farther. It can shoot at a higher pressure and speed. The web-shooter has also a camouflage mode. The web-shooters can also be encased in electricity.
- Web Fluid: Peter's own invention to come with the web shooters. It is used by him to spin web and sling through the city. Peter can modify the fluid after shooting it for certain situation such as using it as a parachute.
- Spider-cycle: S.H.I.E.L.D. created a modified motor cycle for Peter. The motor cycle is equipped with automatic aiming web shooters, web fluids, blasters and rocket boosters.
- Iron Spider Armor: Tony Stark developed the armor when he encountered Spider-Man. It's made in combination with his tech and Peter's powers. Peter later modified the suit to fit him.
- Electric Claws: Peter used for a short while the electric claws of White Tiger, to aid against Taskmaster.
- Adamantium-vibranium armor: It is a special armor that is able withstand powerful blows.
- Webcannon 3000: It is a gun that is able to shoot webs to entrap foes in them.
- Spinning arachnid disks: Small arachnid designed flying disk that can be thrown at high speed and can shoot out webs to entrap foes within them.
- Impact force bubbles: Those are small bubbles that can be thrown at foes, upon impact it enlarges to trap the foes in it.
Peter Parker had a normal life, meeting Mary Jane, Harry and Flash at some point of time. His parents died when he was young. This was dramatically changed after being bitten by a radio-active spider, which gave him his spider-like powers. At first, Peter used his powers for personal gain as a wrestler to win prize money. His Uncle Ben noticed Peter changing and tried to talk to him, telling him, "With great power comes great responsibility".
Peter did not understand the meaning of those words until it was too late. When he simply stood by and let a crook escape, he believed it was not his problem. But when he returned home that same night, he learned his Uncle Ben had been murdered. Desiring revenge, Peter, taking on the name Spider-Man, hunted down the murderer. In the end, he caught him only to realize much to his horror, the murderer was the same crook he had allowed to escape.
Peter finally realized that he had the power to stop that criminal and he did not; he lost his uncle because he did not do what was right.
With that guilt and Ben's words driving him, Peter turned to becoming the Superhero Spider-Man using his powers to fight for justice and foil crime. Peter started working for the Daily Bugle and watched as J. Jonah Jameson wrote newspapers about Spider-Man, his secret identity, calling him names such as "Masked menace" or "Wall-crawling menace". He mostly worked on the Bugle's website.
Meeting the Avengers
He was assigned by J. Jonah Jameson to take pictures as Betty Brant interviewed Captain America. They were attacked by the Serpent Society, whom were trying to free transporting prisoner Madame Hydra, whom had just recently been freed from Skrull captivity after a Skrull had taken her form and infiltrated HYDRA. As Captain America was getting beaten by the Serpent Society, Spider-Man swung into them. This caused the two to plummet into a tunnel underneath New York. They kept Madame Hydra in captivity as they were attacked once again by the Serpent Society. Despite being outnumbered, the two managed to beat them and were found by Iron Man and the other Avengers present at the time.
After one year as a vigilante Spider-Man stops the Trapster from robbing a money car. Fury appears behind him offering him a membership to S.H.I.E.L.D. but rejects the offer and leaves. In the Cafeteria, Peter Parker was eating with Harry and Mary Jane until his spider sense tingled and saved them from a torn apart wall. He met the Frightful Four (sans Trapster) and fought them. He escaped by going into the ventilation shaft. Harry got injured in the fight and Peter feels responsible for it. He then decided to join S.H.I.E.L.D. and got taken in by Fury.
Later, After his training, he tries out a modified motor cycle created by S.H.I.E.L.D. With a lot of trouble riding it, he avoided damage with the help of his new teammate super-heroes. After his complaining, Spider-Man decided to leave S.H.I.E.L.D. as he cannot have responsibility for them. After he slinged his way, he is ambushed by the Frightful Four (sans Trapster) for a re-match. As he fought he had had some difficulties alone, but was rescued by his teammates from S.H.I.E.L.D. and defeated them. Spider-Man had a change of heart and re-joins S.H.I.E.L.D. Later he met his teammates at school acting as students for Midtown High and Coulson as his new principal.
Later, Peter butted heads with Sam after he saw him hanging out with his friends, he would soon regret this when he was sent to detention, however, he soon found out that this was a cover to get all the members in one place. He went on a mission with his teammates to capture Doctor Doom. Spider-Man purposely left behind Nova at Latveria. Doctor Doom turned out to be a duplicate holding another five mini-robots. Spider-Man and his teammates successfully took down the Doctor Doom clone, but were scolded by Fury for their actions. The five all took responsibility as a team and were given a taunting message by Doom and an enthusiastic Nova got irritated by this and decided to after Doctor Doom again, the team then tried to hold Nova off.
Later, Spider-Man was riding his Spider-cycle in the tunnel when he encountered an Octobet. He was mocked by civilians when the robot tore off a piece of the back of his pants, revealing the butt of his underwear. Peter Parker ran to school, due to being late, but the door was shut on him. He was saved by his best friend Harry Osborn, whom he had to blow off due to his teammates. Nova made a snarky remark about Harry, Peter then tried to explain to him that he did not mean for it to happen, but was shut down quickly. He took his teammates to Harry's party, his spider-sense tingled and went to the bathroom. The Venom symbiote appeared in front of him and Flash. The symbiote attached itself to Flash, but detached quickly to attach Nova. The team managed to take the symbiote off of Nova, but it attached itself to Power Man. The symbiote then attached to Iron Fist, Iron Fist read its thoughts and revealed it wanted Spider-Man. Spider-Man let himself be enveloped by Venom symbiote and was about to attack Harry and Mary Jane. Spider-Man fought head-to-head with Venom and defeated him with his electric webslingers, but the symbiote survived. After the fight, Peter made up with Harry for earlier and helped cleaning his apartment.
Meeting Iron Man
Later, Spider-Man was being chased by the Living Laser when his teammates came to help him out. The Living Laser then disappeared right in front of their eyes. It was then revealed he was defeated by Iron Man, whom Spider-Man was delighted to see. Spider-Man has impressed Iron Man enough to warrant a visit to his plant on Saturday, much to the dismay of Nick Fury. When he went to the plant he was completely astonished. Iron Man revealed that he had made a new armor for Spider-Man, Spider-Man showed his new armor to his training teammates in order to impress them, however, all he managed to do was show them he did not have full control over the armor yet. He tried to defend himself in front of his teammates, but they all thought he should abandon the armor. He then fought the Living Laser inside of his own armor, who held him hostage in order for Iron Man to shut his systems down. Spider-Man went back to his teammates to decide their next course of actions, they decided to attack Living Laser head-on. They managed to get Living Laser out of Iron Man's armor and they were able to transport him to another dimension. After that, Peter apologizes to his team, when Fury arrived and showed him the new modified suit, then suddenly he accidentally activated it and made a mess.
Later, Spider-Man and White Tiger chased a leaping villain in the night. White Tiger managed to capture the villain, much to Spider-Man's enjoyment. Peter was present when it was announced that there would be a new coach due to the original one being injured. Peter and the rest of his classmates went to gym with Taskmaster disguised as Yaeger. Peter was the last one to do the exercise and purposely failed it miserably. The next day White Tiger called Peter to come to investigate why the fence was electrocuted, the two went into the building. Taskmaster chased Danny, Harry and Flash. They confronted Taskmaster and were vastly outclassed by him. Spider-Man saved White Tiger from falling to her certain death, when Taskmaster offered Spider-Man a position with him, but was rejected. Spider-Man and White Tiger managed to beat him through swapping each other's equipment and fought him in the dark. After they defeated Taskmaster he escaped and left his mask behind. Peter was then praised by Ava for doing this together.
Rampages of The Hulk
Some days later, Peter was interviewed by Mary Jane as both himself and Spider-Man. He took Mary Jane web slinging briefly, she asked him a few questions before Manhattan had been attacked Hulk. Spider-Man saved Mary Jane from falling from a high building and saved the police from being hit by a couple of dropping things. He was interrupted from answering Mary Jane's question by Hulk when he first threw something and later grabbed him and threw him to the ground. He jumped on the Hulk's back and tried to attack him, but was thrown away effortlessly. He webbed the Hulk's view and then asked Mary Jane to play her recorded footage of the fight. He then saw an invisible energy man through night vision goggles. Spider-Man made a few jokes at the expense of the Hulk, he moved Mary Jane out of harms way and reported to Nick Fury for backup. He took Mary Jane into a subway station and saved her camera, after she questioned his joking, he webbed her out of the subway. He and Hulk fought Zzzax while barricaded in the subway, the two beat him, but Spider-Man was knocked unconscious and quickly woke up, only to have Nick Fury and his agents come in at the wrong time, trying to arrest Hulk. He tried to reason with Hulk, but Nick Fury had other ideas. He then looked for Mary Jane when she was trapped under rumble. He was then present when Mary Jane was given a new camera by the Daily Bugle.
Some days later, Peter reminisced about the supervillains he had defeated when his aunt brought him something for his illness. Peter turned the TV on when he saw what seemed to be him stopping a supervillain. Peter was with Flash when he threw out his old Spider-Man stuff. Spider-Man pleaded with his teammates and Nick Fury about the new Spider-Man. He confronted the impostor and was forced to chase him down the street. The impostor attacked him and when he got to school, he was teased by Nova about the confrontation. Harry revealed to him he was the impostor to which Peter was startled. Peter attempted to get Harry out of being a superhero, but Harry brushed him off and left him alone in the bathroom. Spider-Man chased Harry as the new Spider-Man and was called by Nick Fury. Spider-Man was attacked by a flying villain and left plummeting from the air when the Harry lost control of the symbiote and attacked various people on the street. Spider-Man fought Venom in the streets, dodging the majority of his attacks. Venom twirled Spider-Man at a bus and threw him through a window into Norman Osborn's office. He defeated Venom once again by shocking him, this time through the broadcast on TV of Jonah Jameson. Peter as Spider-Man saved Harry from falling and bragged to Nick Fury about defeating him. Spider-Man went to brag to his teammates, but they were shown to have all caught his cold.
Arrival to Asgard
Some days later, Peter went to a museum with his classmates on a field trip, they examined the Norn stone. Peter stood in the back due to his previous misfortune on field trips. Suddenly, a frost giant appeared and principal Coulson evacuated everyone except for Spider-Man and his teammates. Spider-Man and his teammates were beaten by the frost giant, but were helped by Thor, who burst through the windows. Spider-Man argued with White Tiger while Thor went and touched the stone around the frost giants neck. Thor was then turned into a frog. Thor explained to Spider-Man that Loki had done this to him. Thor as a frog, took Spider-Man and his teammates back to Asgard with him, they encountered a couple of frost giants upon their arrival.
Spider-Man and the others escaped from the glacier of ice they were trapped in and fought Loki's frost giants. Spider-Man and the others were teleported from battle by Thor at Spider-Man's request. Spider-Man went with the others to find the dwarf king, Thor apologized to him for not saying thank you when he created his hammer. Spider-Man teleported back to Loki, much to Loki's surprise. Spider-Man was told by the dwarf king to lead his teammates into battle against Loki, during the battle, he gave them distinct orders. He confronted Loki and tricked him into turning Thor back into himself. Spider-Man was thanked by Thor and given a two-headed goat, Spider-Man was then bitten by the goat.
First encounter with Wolverine
Some days later, Spider-Man was attacked by several citizens as ordered by Mesmero. Wolverine arrived and asked him what he had done to all of the people who were attacking him. Peter told Wolverine he did not do it. The two fought their way through the civilians. Spider-Man caught Mesmero before he could escape. Wolverine threaten to kill Mesmero unless he gets the civilians back to normal which the villain fearfully did. He and Wolverine got into an argument, before Nick Fury stopped them. Peter was asked by his teammates if they could use his homework, he denied them. Peter woke up in Wolverine's body and shredded things up in his house. He called Wolverine and told him he was Spider-Man. He was then attacked by Sabretooth. He and Wolverine fought Sabertooth outside of the school in each other's bodies. The two defeated Sabertooth. They went to the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier where he threatened Mesmero and returned to their bodies. Wolverine told Spider-Man that he has a great life and bade farewell to him.
Venom strikes again
Some days later, Peter woke up with an emergency call from Fury, he ignored and went downstairs. He watched on the news that Jameson reported that Spider-Man brutally beat Batroc, which confused Peter. Peter had suspiciousness on who it was and went to school, where he greeted Harry who was tired. Peter wondered what happened to Harry, but Harry tried to convince Peter to trust him and left. Peter had doubts, so he went after Harry on his spider-cycle to Oscorp. When Harry transformed into Venom and attacked Norman, Spider-Man prevented him from hurt Harry's father. Spider-Man was distracted when Venom threw Norman out of the building and rescued him, Venom then fled the scene. Norman hastily thanked Spider-Man, he wondered why Norman was acting strange. In the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier Spider-Man admitted to his team and Fury that he knew who it was inside Venom, but still kept the secret of his identity. He begged Fury to do this alone, Fury objected it and made Peter sit this one out. Spider-Man disobeyed his order and trapped his teammates in his webs.
Spider-Man went after Venom who was after Norman. They got into Oscorp where Spider-Man discovered that Norman knew about Venom's host. Spider-Man's team arrived and attacked the creature, but Spider-Man defended Venom to help Harry. Venom escaped the vicinity, Norman chided the team for their rescue. Spider-Man had a meeting in secret with his team at school. Spider-Man trusted his teammates and revealed the identity of Venom. He was astonished to see that his teammates did not tell to Fury about Venom. White Tiger showed Spider-Man the piece of the symbiote, and Spider-Man decided to create an anti-venom for it. When his team were searching for Venom, Spider-Man was creating the anti-venom. He succeeded and went to his teammates who were fighting Venom. Spider-Man got on top of the roof where he injected the serum into Venom and returned back to Harry. Spider-Man brought Harry to the hospital where Norman told him that he does not need Spider-Man anymore, which confused him. Spider-Man was training with his team and told them that there should be trust.
Coming face-to-face with Doc Ock
When Whirlwind caused a tornado, Spider-Man went after him. He defeated Whirlwind when he took of his helmet and hit him in the head with it. His aunt left him while she went out riding. He was happy to have the whole place to himself. He then realized he was being spied on. Peter confronted Nick Fury about spying on him. Fury told him it was a basic security protocol. He gave up his S.H.I.E.L.D. tech back to Nick and told him he was "off the clock". Spider-Man went on a roller coaster ride and was confronted by Doctor Octopus. The two fought and Doc Ock told Peter he could not wait to dissect him. He purposely tried Doc Ock's patience while the two were in a room of mirrors. He was defeated by Doc Ock and taken by his base. He woke up and was chased around by Doc Ock in the base and called Nick Fury while there. He saved an unconscious Doc Ock and passed out shortly. He was saved by Nick Fury and made Doctor Conners happy when he brought back a device that he had held on to while he was drowning.
Into the Dream World
When Peter was asleep by the magic of Nightmare, he was saved by Iron Fist. He learned from him that everyone was put asleep. Iron Fist lead Spider-Man on the Spider-Cycle to Doctor Strange, and on the way told Iron Fist he did not believe in magic. At Stephen's place, he met the sorcerer supreme and learned that Nightmare was the one who induced everyone into an endless sleep, but still doubted that magic exists. Spider-Man along with Iron Fist were brought to Dream Dimension to stop Nightmare. There he saw the nightmares of White Tiger, Power Man and Nova and realized that magic does exist. Then Nightmare approached them and summoned dreamons to attack them. Spider-Man hold the dreamons off along with Iron Fist, until Nightmare conjured his horse into a spider. Spider-Man was protected by Doctor Strange and was told not to fear, Spider-Man then noticed that Iron Fist disappeared through a door and went after him.
He learned from Iron Fist that they are in K'un-Lun. Spider-Man and Iron Fist approached Nightmare in the form of Shou-Lao, Spider-Man tried to believe Iron Fist that it is just a dream, but was pushed back to Doctor Strange by Nightmare. After Strange believed he lost his powers, Spider-Man tried talking Strange out of his nightmare, but to no avail was kept away from him by Nightmare. He then conjured up the nightmare of Spider-Man, where he met Uncle Ben. Spider-Man was happy to see his uncle and explained to Nightmare that it was his uncle's death that he became Spider-Man and helping people. Spider-Man then found out Nightmare's weakness, with the help of Stephen Strange, who cured himself from his nightmare, awoke every civilian. Spider-Man together with Iron Fist and Strange sealed Nightmare in a box. After Strange thanked them, Spider-Man and Iron Fist went back to school. In class before Sam could prank Peter, the latter scared Sam with his Leporiphobia.
Unexpected science project
Peter responded to a rampaging Juggernaut, he soon realized he was outclassed when he attempted to hurt him. He was called by Power Man, who he had been partnered with for a science project. Peter went home trying to sneak back into his room, only for his aunt. He was once again called by Luke, who was still asking him about the science project the two were working on. Peter was forced to stop and fight the Juggernaut once again, he felt guilty when he let Luke down. He went to the S.H.I.E.L.D. helicarrier and tried to find something he could use for his science project. Peter settled on bringing a gray brick, which Luke questioned using. The brick was known as the Awesome Android, able to grow the more it consumed. Spider-Man and his teammates stopped the Awesome Android from eating a train. Juggernaut attacked them while they were stopping the Awesome Android. The five regrouped and attacked the android once more. Peter and Luke went and got Sam and Ava's ice making machine. Spider-Man was thrown inside of the android and blew it up from the inside. He was surprised to see Power Man have his back.
Zodiac's take over
In the Helicarrier, Spider-Man grew tired of Fury's scoldings while he was tired from training and left the ship. The next day, Spider-Man returned to the Helicarrier to discover it was taken over by Scorpio's Zodiac, he also claimed that Nick Fury was dead, but Spider-Man was not convinced and searched Fury through the air vents. He discovered Scorpio's plan to steal every file of S.H.I.E.L.D. and to destroy the Helicarrier. When Spider-Man was contacted with Fury, Spider-Man was glad to see Fury alive that he was heard by the Zodiac. He evaded their gun shots and aborted the downloading. Spider-Man found Fury and together equipped themselves with several weapons and acted out Fury's plan. After Scorpio activated the self-destruct mode, Spider-Man fought against the Zodiac on the topside, until Fury activated the dive mode of the Helicarrier towards the river. Spider-Man and Fury discovered that Scorpio was the brother of Nick Fury, Max Fury. Max escaped the Helicarrier, which after Fury aborted the self-destruct sequence. After that Spider-Man wondered if that was his brother, which Fury did not respond to it, Spider-Man praised Fury for being a great teacher and gave him a label maker.
Arachnid versus Beetle
After apprehending Trapster with the help of the other trainees, Nick Fury was so impressed by their teamwork, he assigned Spider-Man and the others on a mission to protect J. Jonah Jameson from the Beetle. This was most difficult for Spider-Man, mainly due to Jameson accusations of him being a criminal. While the team was on stake out, Mary Jane called him that she was on her way to the Daily Bugle, exactly the same place they were on stakeout at. As Peter, he went with Mary Jane as she worked her way through Iron Fist, Power Man and Nova. After Peter could not communicate with the others, he suspected the Beetle was in the building. He lured Mary Jane into Jonah's office and fought against the Beetle, with the aid of the other trainees, they captured the high-tech villain. Peter rejoined with Mary Jane and went outside. The Daily Bugle Communication was then shut off by Fury, which Peter enjoyed of having Jonah silenced for once.
A Day in the Sand
Peter laid in bed, sleeping, when Nova called him telling him he needed help in battle. He slipped in snow and fell in front of his teammates, who were all pranking him. Peter and his teammates were requested by Coulson for a mission, the team went to a beach and tried to have fun. His Spider Sense went off when he saw a boy named Sandy. He and his teammates then met his brother named Flint, who, along with his brother, were out of touch with the rest of the world. However, when they tried to leave, they were attacked by the two. He and Luke Cage noticed a drawing on the wall and concluded that Sandman was captured by Fury and left on the island. The team left Sandman on the island. However, when Spider-Man emptied the sand out of one of his shoes, the sand turned out to be Flint. As the ship was crashing, they managed to stop Flint from getting into the city. Peter and the others were punished by Nick Fury by getting a cold scrub for trying to avoid new training.
Taking care of the Hulk
Peter tracked down a type of alien and saw Hulk. Hulk became sick and Peter took him back to his home. Not wanting to reveal his secret identity, Peter chose to keep his mask on. He also had to dodge his aunt and convince her to not come into her room at all. Peter finally revealed his secret identity to Hulk and told him some facts about himself.
More Unique than the Other Guy
Peter's reputation as Spider-Man had gotten good enough to the point his principal wanted to make a play about him. Peter originally wanted nothing to do with the play, but changed his mind and talked to Coulson about it. Peter was surprised to find out that he would be played by Flash Thompson, a pier of his that had been bulling him for years.
Peter was taken in to the play as understudy, a role and part he was not particularly fond of. He came to one of Flash's rehearsals, only to find out teammate Nova gave Flash one of Peter's costumes. This angered Peter and caused him to question just how well he really knew his teammate. On the night of the play, Peter was amazed to see Flash have stage fright.
When Flash told him that all he wanted to do was be like Spider-Man, Peter talked to Flash and told him that if he wanted to be like Spider-Man, stop being a bully. Peter went out and sang the lyrics Coulson made up and was hated on by his piers, a few calling him a "Science geek". Peter was helped by Flash, who managed to get everyone off of his back, not insult him and to cheer on him.
Helping Iron Man
Peter talked to Harry about the former's father, who believed their dad was inconsiderate and overall not a good parent. Peter tried to tell him his dad was "pretty cool", but Harry told him he could not understand, most likely due to Peter hardly remembering or even knowing his parents. Peter and Harry met up with Harry's father. The three were attacked by an unknown individual. Peter quickly changed into his Spider-Man costume and was ready to approach the assailant. He and the two were surprised to see Iron Man attacking him.
Having previously met Iron Man, Spider-Man could not understand this and questioned his motives before having to briefly fight him. As Spider-Man, Peter went back to Stark Industries and ran across Iron Man again. He put out his webs and threatened him before Iron Man revealed his armors were under the control of Doc Ock. The two fought together against the armors before they met up with Nick Fury and the Osborns. Peter stopped an argument between Norman and Tony, stating that it was a waste of time. To his surprise, Nick Fury agreed with him.
Spider-Man fought Doc Ock after he revealed himself to them. While fighting and protecting Norman Osborn from him, Spider-Man continuously ignored his notions that Norman was behind the attacks towards him the last couple of months. After defeating Ock, Spider-Man talked to Iron Man about him, telling Iron Man that Doc Ock made him nervous.
- Main article: Carnage
To have the perfect host for the Venom symbiote after his son Harry's failure of partaking the role, the Goblin had kidnapped Peter because of his powers and intelligence, and injected an enhanced version of the Venom symbiote made from the Goblin Formula and Venom into Peter's bloodstream. This caused Peter to transform into Carnage, a violent being bent on destruction. Carnage was then sent to destroy the team and Spider-Man and ambushed them at Harry's house, soundly defeating everyone of them. Harry later got Carnage to remove itself from Peter and take him instead, turning him into Venom. Afterwards, Norman takes it back to find the perfect host and a small piece is left behind which is recovered by S.H.I.E.L.D.
Peter Parker first appears working at the Daily Bugle when he was assigned by J. Jonah Jameson to take pictures as Betty Brant interviewed Captain America, who was facing public distrust at the time due to being replaced by a Skrull beforehand. They were attacked by the Serpent Society, whom were trying to free transported prisoner Madame Hydra. As Captain America was getting beaten by the villains, Peter changed into his Spider-Man outfit and swung in to help him. This caused the two to plummet into a tunnel underneath New York. They kept Madame Hydra in captivity as they were attacked once again by the Serpent Society. Despite being outnumbered, the two managed to beat them and were found by Iron Man and the other Avengers present at the time.
After the battle, Spider-Man was upset to find that Jameson had, once again, made him out to be a menace, with the Daily Bugle front page reading: "Captain America Saves NY from Spider-Man and the Serpent Society". After he bade Captain America farewell, Spider-Man mentioned that he was going to web J. Jonah's mouth shut for that.
Sometime later, after a battle with Kang the Conqueror lead to the timeline being unraveled and the Avengers disappearing, Iron Man ordered JARVIS to activate the New Avengers protocol- a program that would select a new team of Avengers formed from the allies of the originals, meant to take up the team's role if they were ever killed. While Spider-Man swung throughout the city fighting through enemies from various eras, he met up with Wolverine who saved him from a pack of raptors.
Stark's pre-recorded message told both of them that they needed to take up the job as New Avengers. While these New Avengers were, at first, helpless to stop Kang, Spider-Man was able to form a plan that allowed him to stop Kang's plan and return the original Avengers to the timeline, saving the world in the process. As a reward for his hard work and dedicated service, the team decided to make Spider-Man an honorary reserve member of the Avengers.
Spider-Man is summoned with the rest of Earth's heroes to the battle against Galactus and his heralds. He along with War Machine, Quake, Captain America, and Iron Fist are sent to deal with Terrax and destroy his tower. When Galactus was about to devour the planet, he thought it was all over. He was amazed when the Avengers created a Negative Zone portal and sent Galactus through it. After the crisis had ended, Spider-Man was seen left the area along with the other heroes.
Spider-Man made an appearance in the hour-long special in 2013. He first appears web-swinging his way to a battle in New York City between his friends Iron Man, Hulk, and Thor and the group of villains consisting of Red Skull, MODOK, Whiplash, and his nemesis Venom. He began aiding his allies, but their powers are drained from Heinz Doofenshmirtz's Inator. Spider-Man is the first to discover this after he finds out he can no longer crawl on walls. After the team contacts S.H.I.E.L.D., they discover that the beam that drained their powers originated from a satellite made in Danville, specifically from two boys Phineas and Ferb.
With the rest of the team, Spider-Man travels to Danville to seek the boys' help in restoring their powers, as well as meeting an avid fan of them, Candace. The boys take them to their base of operations, S.H.E.D., and help create temporary powers for the team to use, however Candace accidentally messes up with the machine, causing it to give the team each power to the wrong owner. As a result, Spider-Man earns Hulk's strength. The heroes then see a breaking news story about the attack at the Googolplex Mall and decide they need to be there. Phineas and Ferb help out in the Beak suit and transport all the heroes there.
However, when they get to the mall, the heroes' inexperience of using each other's powers causes them to easily fall at the hands of the villains. As Red Skull proclaims the heroes' defeat, Perry enters in a superhero suit and rescues the heroes. Afterwards, Phineas has everyone regroup in S.H.E.D. and come up with a Plan B. In S.H.E.D., where Buford, Baljeet, and Candace are rebuilding the power-duplicating machine, where the heroes' powers had since faded since they do not match the host's structure for the respective powers. Fortunately, the machine's first aspect, recreating Hulk's powers, is almost finished; however, Candace prematurely plugs it in, and Baljeet is zapped, turning into Hulkjeet and smashes the machine, charging out of S.H.E.D.
The team then witnesses on TV that Red Skull now has a Power-Drain-inator he has threatened on the people unless they come and stop him. Despite being powerless, the heroes agree to fight anyway, with Thor explaining that "Being a hero isn't the armor you wear, but the metal in your spirit and the steel in your resolve." Spider-Man promptly ruins the moment with quips.
Spider-Man along with Hulk, Thor and Iron Man then travel downtown via bus to confront the villains while the villains await the heroes' arrival. When they do show up, they are almost immediately trapped.
Suddenly, Hulkjeet shows up along with The Beak and Perry, while Doofenshmirtz begins firing waffles from his Waffle-inator from the D.E.I. balcony. Spider-Man takes advantage of the distraction to snatch the mundanium finite core from the -inator, and the villains begin chasing the heroes in order to retrieve the core. The heroes quickly gain momentum while keeping the core away.
He then passes the reactor core off to his allies attempting to keep the core away from the villains, causing the core's orbs to break off. However, the orbs are ultimately recovered by the villains who rebuild the core and activate the Power-Drain-inator. But at that moment, the boys' space station lands on the machine, destroying it. Candace and Isabella depart from the station to return the stolen powers, which were revealed to be in the data collection tank, giving the heroes their powers back. As the villains emerge from under the station, the heroes fight against them and emerge victorious.
Once the battle is over, S.H.I.E.L.D. arrives and arrests the villains. As the heroes depart, Spider-Man says that the juice box will be his treat for Phineas next time. The helicarrier departs as the heroes wave goodbye.
Marvel Studios recently announced that they have settled their rights dispute with Columbia Pictures and have partnered with Columbia to produce a Spider-Man movie reboot set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe that will be released on July 7, 2017. Spider-Man will be portrayed by Tom Holland.
Spider-Man appears in the Disney INFINITY: 2.0 Edition Ultimate Spider-Man Play Set by protecting New York from Green Goblin and Venom's symbiote forces. He is also playable in the Marvel Battlegrounds Play Set for 3.0. A version of him in his black suit is also playable, being available as both a figure and Costume Change Power Disc.
Spider-Man currently makes meet-n-greet appearances at the Walt Disney Studios Park in Disneyland Paris, which began at some point in 2014. The news about Spider-Man doing meet-n-greets was confirmed by Andrew Garfield, during The Amazing Spider-Man 2 premiere in France.
The meetable version of Spider-Man is the Amazing Spider-Man version, and the front & back spider symbol in Ultimate Spider-Man version.
- Spider-Man first appeared in the Marvel Comic Amazing Fantasy #15 in 1962 created by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko, and has been a superhero household name ever since.
- Ultimate Spider-Man is Spidey's 9th animated incarnation of Peter Parker as Spider-Man. Previous versions include Spider-Man (1967), Spider-Woman, Spider-Man (1981), Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends, Spider-Man: The Animated Series, Spider-Man Unlimited, Spider-Man: The New Animated Series and The Spectacular Spider-Man.
- Spider-Man was originally voiced by Josh Keaton, who was his voice actor on The Spectacular Spider-Man. Drake Bell overdubbed Josh Keaton's role after Josh had already recorded all his lines.
- In the comics and previous incarnations, Peter Parker works as a freelance photographer at the daily bugle.
- In the comics and previous incarnations, his eye color is either hazel or brown rather than blue.
- Despite Spider-Man being a superhero with super powers, many people see a relation between their life and Spider-Man's life (in the comics and in The Spectacular Spider-Man), including taking on bullies, homework, school, part time jobs and so on.
- Spider-Man's film rights are owned by Sony Pictures, who have done two series of Spider-Man films, the first three were directed by Sam Raimi and starred Tobey Maguire, and then it was rebooted and the next two were directed by Marc Webb and starred Andrew Garfield. After the performance of The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (which received mixed reviews), Marvel announced that they are collaborating with Sony to bring Spider-Man into the Marvel Cinematic Universe with a new actor in the costume, eventually revealed to be Tom Holland.
- Spider-Man was referenced to in the Marvel Cinematic Universe for the first time in Ant-Man, in which a "webslinger" was mentioned.
- Spider-Man on Ultimate Spider-Man Wiki
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Ultimate Spider-Man Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of Ultimate Spider-Man Wiki is available under the CC-by-SA Free Documentation License.|