Spider-Gwen wears a black bodysuit with white areas that form a spider design, a white hood with the interior lining being magenta with cyan web patterns, matching magenta-and-cyan designs on her upper arms, and cyan soles to her boots.
A native of Miles' dimension, Gwen Stacy assumed the role of Spider-Woman after Miles was transported to Peter Parker's dimension. Using technology stolen from her father's robot program and with the help of her world's version of May Parker, Gwen became a superhero in Miles' absence by simulating spider powers despite having no spider powers of her own. However, due to her activity, she also had to deal with her father's pursuit of vigilantes.
When Miles returns along with Peter, Gwen helps them recover the remaining Siege Perilous piece, which was at the police station. Gwen goes to visit her father in order to distract him while Peter and Miles recover the piece. However, this fails when Wolf Spider attacks the station and soon takes Rio Morales hostage at Miles' home. After rescuing Rio, Peter, Gwen, and Miles confront Wolf Spider in his underwater lair. Wolf Spider claims the Siege Perilous, and starts to drain the life-force of every spider-based character in the multiverse. During the battle, Miles and Gwen are claimed in the process, but Peter tricks Wolf Spider into claiming his life, as holding all the life-forces at once proves to be too much for Wolf Spider to handle. Wolf-Spider soon shatters, allowing the life-forces to return to their bodies. The three Spiders then leave the lair but run into Gwen's father who learned of his daughter's superhero life after speaking with Rio. George accepts Gwen's role and the two then reconcile.
Gwen Stacy is a student at Horizon High and friends with Peter Parker, Miles Morales, and Anya Corazon. She is voiced by Laura Bailey. She was inspired by her uncle Raymond Warren (later revealed to be the villainous Jackal) to pursue science. She often assists Spider-Man in fights using her quick wits and genetic knowledge.
During the "Spider Island" arc, she was one of the first people affected by Jackal's spider chemicals spread into the air and gains spider super powers. With her fans calling her "Spider Gwen", she assists Spider-Man in combating criminals until the chemicals cause her to mutate into a Man-Spider. She is later cured when Spider-Man spreads the cure for the city by exploding Osborn Academy.
- Spider-Gwen was planned to be released as a figurine for the game Disney INFINITY 3.0 prior to being cancelled.
- Her appearance in Ultimate Spider-Man is Dove Cameron's second animated role, the first being as Mal in Descendants: Wicked World.
- The primary version of Gwen Stacy in the Marvel Comics was the college girlfriend of Peter Parker who was tragically killed during a battle between Spider-Man and the Green Goblin and her death is one of the most iconic moments in comic book history.
- Although this is the first time that Gwen Stacy's superhero persona of "Spider-Gwen" has been featured in any media (and this is the first media that introduces her exclusively as Spider-Gwen), Gwen Stacy has appeared in animation before in Spider-Man: The Animated Series and The Spectacular Spider-Man, and in the live-action movies Spider-Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man and The Amazing Spider-Man 2, where she was played by Bryce Dallas Howard and Emma Stone respectively.
- Unlike the Ultimate Spider-Man incarnation, her comic version was actually superpowered, hailing from an alternate dimension where she was bitten by the radioactive spider, rather than Peter Parker, who to get vengeance on bullies, transformed into the Lizard. In a battle that left Peter dead, Gwen was devastated, and sought to honor him by being a hero.
Merchandise and Miscellaneous
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Marvel Announces Animated Feature Film Marvel Rising: Secret Warriors". Collider. Retrieved on December 8, 2017.
- ↑ "Here is your First Look at the (Now-Cancelled) "Spider-Gwen" Disney INFINITY Figure". Infinity Inquirer (August 24, 2016).