Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Spider-Gwen wears a black bodysuit with white areas that form a spider design, a white hood with the interior lining being magenta with cyan web patterns, matching magenta-and-cyan designs on her upper arms, and cyan soles to her boots.
A native of Miles' dimension, Gwen Stacy assumed the role of Spider-Woman after Miles was transported to Peter Parker's dimension. Using technology stolen from her father's robot program and with the help of her world's version of May Parker, Gwen became a superhero in Miles' absence by simulating spider powers despite having no spider powers of her own. However, due to her activity, she also had to deal with her father's pursuit of vigilantes.
When Miles returns along with Peter, Gwen helps them recover the remaining Siege Perilous piece, which was at the police station. Gwen goes to visit her father in order to distract him while Peter and Miles recover the piece. However, this fails when Wolf Spider attacks the station and soon takes Rio Morales hostage at Miles' home. After rescuing Rio, Peter, Gwen and Miles confront Wolf Spider in his underwater lair. Wolf Spider claims the Siege Perilous, and starts to drain the life-force of every spider-based character in the multiverse. During the battle, Miles and Gwen are claimed in the process, but Peter tricks Wolf Spider into claiming his life, as holding all the life-forces at once proves to be too much for Wolf Spider to handle. Wolf-Spider soon shatters, allowing the life-forces to return to their bodies. The three Spiders then leave the lair but run into Gwen's father who learned of his daughter's superhero life after speaking with Rio. George accepts Gwen's role and the two then reconcile.
- Spider-Gwen was planned to be released as a figurine for the game Disney INFINITY 3.0 prior to being cancelled.
- This is Dove Cameron's second animated role and the first being as Mal in Descendants: Wicked World.
- The primary version of Gwen Stacy in the Marvel Comics was the college girlfriend of Peter Parker who was tragically killed during a battle between Spider-Man and the Green Goblin and her death is one of the most iconic moments in comic book history.
- Although this is the first time that Gwen Stacy's superhero persona of "Spider-Gwen" has been featured in any media (and this is the first media that introduces her exclusively as Spider-Gwen), Gwen Stacy has appeared in animation before in Spider-Man: The Animated Series and Spectacular Spider-Man, and in the live-action movies Spider-Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man and The Amazing Spider-Man 2, where she was played by Bryce Dallas Howard and Emma Stone respectively.
- Contrast to the show's incarnation, the Spider-Gwen in the comics has spider powers and was the spider-themed superhero of her own dimension rather than being from the same dimension as Miles. Her version of Peter Parker briefly beame the supervillain known as the Lizard before he died after his battle with her, inspiring her to become a hero.
Merchandise and Miscellaneous
- ↑ "Ultimate Spider-Man Introducing Spider-Gwen into Animation in Return to the Spider-Verse Storyline". IGN (August 23, 2016).
- ↑ "Here is your First Look at the (Now-Cancelled) "Spider-Gwen" Disney INFINITY Figure". Infinity Inquirer (August 24, 2016).