Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Space Mountain at Hong Kong Disneyland in Hong Kong is the fifth version of the outer space-themed enclosed roller coaster in Disney parks. The newest Space Mountain (not counting the four recent refurbishments of the Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, Tokyo Disneyland, and Magic Kingdom) is based on the refurbished Space Mountain at Disneyland, with a similar soundtrack and the same layout. It also features new show elements not presented in the refurbished California version (i.e. a "hyperspeed" tunnel). It will not feature the Rockin' Space Mountain configuration that was featured in Disneyland's Space Mountain in 2007.
Unlike most Space Mountains, the boarding area for the attraction is quite small. Not present is a Space Station of its two most similar counterparts at Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland. Instead a dark queue featuring neon earth-tone colored planets along with star patterns decorate the area. Lining the walls of the station are colored neon light bars that are used for lighting and decoration.
It is the only Space Mountain to feature Single-Rider alongside its regular standby and FASTPASS lines.
Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy
Main article: Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy
As part of Hong Kong Disneyland's Haunted Halloween event from 2007 to 2013, Space Mountain went under a Halloween overlay.
Main article: Hyperspace Mountain
In 10th anniversary celebration, Space Mountain has transformed into Hyperspace Mountain.
- Grand opening: September 12, 2005 (Opened with Hong Kong Disneyland)
- Designers: Walt Disney Imagineering, Vekoma
- Vehicles: 14
- Vehicle theme: Rocket
- Total Cars Per Train: 2
- Seating: 3 rows of 2 people seated side by side.
- Total Riders: 6 People Per Car / 12 Per Train
- Building diameter: 200 feet (61 m)
- Track Height: 76 feet (22.7m)
- Largest drop: 22 feet (5.15 m)
- Building Height: 134 feet (36 m)
- Track length: 3,450 feet (1052 m)
- Volume: 1.8 million cubic feet (51,000 m³)
- Top speed: 32 miles per hour (52km/h)
- Height requirement: 40 inches (1.02 m)
- Ride duration: 2:45
- Space Mountain - Ghost Galaxy Version: 2:28
- Ticket required: "E"
- Space Mountain, composed by Michael Giacchino (2005–Present)
- Space Mountain - Ghost Galaxy, composed by Ed Kalnin (25 September - 31 October 2007, 24 September - 1 November 2008, 16 September - 31 October 2009)
- Ride system: Roller coaster
Before the rocket takes off, this ride has a mission control with a person giving out safety instructions:
- "Space travelers, for your safety, please remain seated with your hands, arms, feet, and legs inside the rocket and supervise children. You are cleared to go." It says the same thing in Cantonese before this, and Mandarin after this. (2005–present)
In the line before entering the station this spiel plays:
- "Welcome, space travelers. Space Mountain is a thrilling, high speed, turbulent roller-coaster type ride in the dark that includes sharp turns, sudden drops & stops. Before you embark on your adventure, please place all hats, glasses, and loose possessions inside the storage pouches located directly in front of you. To prepare for launch, pull the lap bar toward you. You are now ready for your intergalactic adventure, thank you and have a great flight." This is played in Cantonese, English and Mandarin continuously. Cantonese and English version are done by the same man while Mandarin version is done by a woman.