- “Are you afraid to fight me yourself, you cowardly snake?!?'"
A snake, am I? Perhaps, you'd like to see how...
...S-S-S-S-S-S-S-SNAKE-LIKE I CAN BE!”
- ―Aladdin and Jafar in both forms
Snake Jafar is a giant cobra with black and orange scales, red eyes, and red stripes on his back.
In large part because of Jafar's sorcerer status, Snake Jafar was capable of constricting his foes. In addition, he also possessed a large amount of stamina: Despite being stabbed more than a few times by Aladdin, he managed to recover quickly before constricting the latter.
During a battle, Jafar decides to turn himself into a giant snake in order to kill Aladdin easily (That, as well as a response to Aladdin calling him a "cowardly snake"). Jafar is stabbed twice and just when Jafar nearly squeezes Aladdin to death Aladdin tricks him into wishing to be a genie.
Video Game Appearances
In both versions of the Aladdin video game, Snake Jafar is the final boss. The Game Boy version, however, omits this transformation altogether, and omits Jafar's genie form.
Jafar turns himself into his snake form in the live show Fantasmic! in his attempt to destroy Mickey Mouse.
Genie Jafar summons an apparition of his snake form to battle the guests at the entrance to the Cave of Wonders in his Adventureland mission.
- Jafar's reason for taking this form is exactly the same reason why Maleficent took her dragon form: they both wanted to kill the hero in a much larger, more threatening form.
- Snake Jafar, for some reason, doesn't appear to have a lower body. It could be that Snake Jafar's body was too huge to be drawn in full.
- For some reason, Snake Jafar doesn't even appear in the Kingdom Hearts games at all. Instead, Jafar actually goes straight to becoming a genie. He does, however, turn into a snake in both versions of the Aladdin video game and in Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion.
- Similarly, some tie-in storybooks based on the film also simply skip the entire snake transformation altogether; in those cases, he is either fought as a human and/or again simply goes straight to becoming a genie.
- Snake Jafar was originally going to make a reappearance near the end of The Return of Jafar, when Jafar (now a genie in human form) catches Aladdin trying to take his lamp so that he and his friends can destroy it, but right before he and Abis Mal are both tossed outside the palace where the evil genie will trap Aladdin in a pool of lava (and indirectly allowing his former pet parrot Iago to destroy it along with Jafar, by kicking it into the lava), but this scene was scrapped to save time. In this scene, Jafar's snake form would have been completely red instead of black with red stripes, and when Jafar catches Aladdin trying to sneak off with the lamp he zaps him with his cobra staff, causing him to drop the lamp before transforming into a red cobra to try to finish him off. Before Snake Jafar can attack Aladdin, Genie would have turned into the wrecking ball and slammed Jafar's head into a nearby wall, causing the villain to accidentally bite his tail instead, and therefore temporarily knocking him out. While Jafar is still unconscious Aladdin tries to get the lamp back, but Abis Mal gets to it first and tries to take it instead. At this point Jafar would have regained consciousness and tried to attack Aladdin again, but this time Genie stops him again by grabbing his tail and tying it to a pillar, causing Jafar's massive head to fall down and slam the floor hard, causing the balcony Aladdin and Abis Mal were on to crumble apart. Genie turns into a chair to soft Aladdin's fall, while Abis Mal's belt is caught in a tree branch, unable to grab the lamp, which is now out of reach (kept in the final film). As Aladdin and Genie catch up with Jasmine, Sultan, Abu, and Carpet, Jafar pulls his tail free from the pillar, sending the ceiling of the room he was in to come crashing down, before slithering out of the palace and into the courtyard to chase the heroes. However Jafar cannot catch up with Carpet so the villain dives underground and transforms back into a genie during his tunnelling before emerging back up as his genie form to surprise the heroes.