- The athletic sisters of Slugma Slugma Kappa (ΣΣK) spend most of their days working out and running drills to perfect their Scaring skills. Their initiation is a triathlon, and training together 24/7 has strengthened the bonds of sisterhood so much so that these strong, self-assured girls are ready to out-work and out-scare any monster they encounter together.
Role in the film
ΣΣK appears as one of the competing sororities in the Scare Games. In the first challenge, ΣΣK makes it through the event's obstacle course by sticking together, as they huddle up before the race. During the race, one member, Brynn, gets her foot swollen by touching an urchin, but the team helps her up to avoid leaving teammates behind. However, ΣΣK is eliminated in the Scare Games during the second event. Before losing, they had nearly beaten Oozma Kappa and gotten their flag by creating their own bridge on the balcony to reach it; but the Librarian knocked them down and caught them, and threw them into the river, therefore eliminating Slugma Slugma Kappa from the Scare Games.
- Donna Soohoo closely resembles Harry "Bud" Luckey, the turquoise cephalopod that worked for Monsters, Inc.
- Their abbreviation (ΣΣK) refers to the 'eek' sound, which is associated with being distressed or scared. Its name is parodied from "Sigma Sigma Kappa".
- According to the Monsters University Essential Guide, it is revealed that Carla is also an ace swimmer.
- Carla is the only EEK member to speak in the film. All of the other EEK girls were only heard screaming.
- "Σ" is the Greek letter Sigma.
- Slugma is also the name of a Fire-type Pokémon introduced in Pokémon Gold and Silver Versions that resembles a slug made of lava.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Pixar Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of the Pixar Wiki is available under the CC-BY-SA license.|