Lilo's baseball team loses to Mertle's team due to Pleakley's lack of confidence. Later, Lilo and Mertle make a bet for another game, and that whoever wins the game will get the other player's personal items. Then, a small yellow, pterosaur-like experiment that is designed to deflect projectiles with his baseball bat-shaped tail activates. Lilo decides to place Slugger on their team in Pleakley's place, in hopes of beating Mertle's team. But to make matters worse, Mertle has placed Gantu on her team, who has promised to help her win the game with a bargain to achieve Slugger in the end. Mertle ends up changing things so they play basketball instead of baseball, but Pleakley saves the day as he turns out to be a champion player of a similar game on his homeworld.
- Moral: Always be a team player.
- When Richter tries to put Mertle out in baseball, his butt is not colored in.
- Reuben seems to be very good at playing checkers.
- Unlike in the original movie and "Yapper", Stitch did not go crazy after drinking a large bowl of cappuccino, along with Lilo's cappuccino.
- Splodyhead is not seen wearing socks until during the game rematch.
- Gantu is apparently good at basketball, though Pleakley and Stitch are revealed to have better skill.
- Despite Gantu claiming Slugger to be weak, he was able to grasp a basketball pole and whack Gantu over a vast distance without any struggle, and another time he suspended Stitch in mid-flight, again without any struggle.
- Pleakley revealed that he was a four-time world champion player of a game virtually identical to basketball.
- In spring 2004, Disney Channel held an online poll that asked viewers for their favorite experiments and episodes from Season 1 of the series. According to the top 10 results of that poll, "Slugger" was the #9 most popular episode and experiment. However, this may be the result of a recency bias, as this episode was the third-latest one aired at the time.