A small, purple shark-like experiment is destroying and sinking enemy ships with his large dorsal fin. Lilo and Stitch must find a way to control Sinker before he sabotages the boat racing competition (and before Gantu catches him). His one true place is at a Japanese restaurant, where he uses his large fin to cut up fish fillets and vegetables for the chefs to make sushi. Meanwhile, Gantu and Reuben end up stranded on a small island.
- Moral: Never give up, and be confident in what you do.
- Sinker is an obvious parody of the titular great white shark from Jaws.
- Sinker's fin is shown to have differences in size, though it is likely a continuity error.
- Sinker is one of the rare experiments to have dark red eyes instead of black ones like most of the rest.
- Pudge made a cameo in this episode, where Lilo fed him a peanut butter sandwich. He previously appeared in the original movie's opening scene when the title logo came up.
- The scene where Stitch has trouble setting up the deck chairs is a reference to a similar scene in A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving, where Snoopy is fighting with a deck chair.
- Nani meets Reuben for the first time.
- It is hinted that Pleakley had visited China sometime before the events of the series when he commented about his Chinese bamboo fan that Stitch was using as a prop.
- According to Lilo, Nani is revealed to have an addiction to chocolate.
- Jumba mentions about having given presents to his evil genius family back home (hinting that he may come from a family of evil geniuses), implying while he cannot go back to his home planet, he is allowed to send gifts there.
- It is unknown how Gantu and Reuben made it back to the ship while marooned on a small island.