When Nani ends up short on cash, the rest of the ʻohana decide to start a "Bed and Not Breakfast" to bring in extra money. An experiment designed to bring bad luck threatens to ruin the business, until Jumba remembers that its effect can be reversed to turn very bad luck into very good luck.
- Moral: Don't judge other people by their flaws.
- Lilo stated that she didn't name 113 Shoe because of his horseshoe-like horn, but because she thinks "he needs shoes."
- It is hinted that Gantu is a little ignorant, as he refused to listen when Reuben tried to inform him that Shoe could generate good luck.
- Deforestator is seen with a pattern on his back, and his tail is somewhat closer.
- This is the second time Gantu renounced his job of working for Hämsterviel, the first time being in "627", despite the fact that he continued to work for Hämsterviel after these instances.
- This episode shows that Gantu has always dreamed of having a boat so he could be captain.
- This is one of the only two episodes where Yin appears without Yang, the other being "Checkers".