Shaak's nature was sometimes different from her kind, as she was highly independent and preferred to operate alone. She was sometimes viewed as cold and unfeeling; something that was not helped by her naturally pointed teeth which, when bared, appeared as a sinister snarl, naturally patterned to blend into the wilds of Shil. However, in truth, Shaak was a kind, caring, and compassionate person who has a good sense of humour.
As a Jedi, Shaak was intelligent and wise, however, despite this, like most Jedi Masters, she was somewhat self-righteous and short-sighted, as she sometimes had a habit of underestimating the younger generation of Jedi, like Anakin Skywalker, (incorrectly) believing he was not ready to become a Jedi Knight, on the matter if Anakin should become a Jedi Knight or not, she was in the minority when she voiced doubt in the young Jedi's nature and his readiness to be a Jedi Knight. She was thus overruled by the other Jedi High Council members, though she held close to her opinion; although Shaak would later be proven to be shocked about the change on Anakin readiness to be a Jedi Knight, due to him becoming Darth Vader.
Powers and Abilities
- The Force: Shaak was extremely powerful, and had a very strong connection to the Force. Although she was not quite as powerful as Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader at his peak, Shaak was still one of the most powerful Force-users of her time.
- Telekinesis: Shaak utilized Telekinesis as either offensive or defense.
- Taming beasts: Shaak utilized Taming beasts to control the minds of other animals.
- Lightsaber Skills: Shaak was extremely skilled in lightsaber combat and a highly gifted duelist. She is one of the greatest lightsaber duelists of her time. She was also a worthy unarmed and improvisational combatant, capable of using weapons from her surroundings to her advantage. Shaak was a master of all forms of lightsaber combat.
- Form I: Shaak was extremely skilled in Shii-Cho.
- Form II: Shaak was extremely skilled in Makashi.
- Form III: Shaak was extremely skilled in Soresu.
- Form IV: Shaak was extremely skilled in Ataru.
- Form V: Shaak was extremely skilled in Shien/Djem So.
- Form VI: Shaak was extremely skilled in Niman.
- Form VII: Shaak was extremely skilled in Juyo/Vaapad.
- Jar'Kai: Shaak was extremely skilled in Jar'Kai.
- Expert Hand-To-Hand Combatant: Shaak was highly skilled in unarmed combat.
- High-Level Intellect/Master Tactician/Leader: Shaak was highly intelligent and wise; her intelligence and wisdom was surpassed only by Yoda, Palpatine and Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader respectively. As a Jedi General, Shaak was a highly skilled tactician and a capable leader.
Weapons and Equipment
Shaak's valued weapon and possession was her blue-bladed lightsaber.
- Lightsaber: Shaak used an azure-blue generic clan-design bladed lightsaber upon gaining her Jedi knighthood. She used it before and throughout the Clone Wars and continued to wield it until her death at the hands of Anakin Skywalker/Darth Vader, it is unknown what happened to it after Shaak's death.
Attack of the Clones
Shaak is part of the Jedi High Council replacing master Yaddle. After Obi-Wan Kenobi was captured along with Anakin Skywalker and Padmè Amidala on Geonosis, Shaak travelled with a 250 member Jedi strike team led by Mace Windu to rescue them. They were all surrounded by droids, but were saved by Yoda and his clonetroopers. In the days afterwards, Shaak was made one of the first high generals for her membership on the jedi council, extensive array of capabilities, combat experience, leadership and strategical skill and was often stationed on Kamino to protect and oversee republic clone production and training when she was not leading battles.
Revenge of the Sith
Shaak was still a member of the Jedi Council when they became suspicious of Chancellor Palpatine. During Anakin Skywalker's assault on the Jedi Temple during Order 66 with the Clone Troopers, she was meditating when the fallen Jedi snuck up behind her and stabbed her through the heart with his lightsaber, killing her instantly. This would lead him down the dark path to becoming Darth Vader.
Shaak was training clone cadets on Kamino when the Clone Wars began. She was seen throughout the show as a supporting character.
Star Wars Weekends
- In the video game Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, Shaak had an apprentice named Maris Brood. In this she was killed by Darth Vader's secret apprentice, Starkiller (real name Galen Marek), and Maris went to the Dark side. As of 2014 the game no longer fits in with the current Star Wars canon and her death was changed to her being murdered by Anakin Skywalker during his transformation into Darth Vader.