- Scott Squibbles gives new meaning to the term 'undeclared.' A sophomore whose dream of becoming a Scarer was squashed in his first year at Monsters University, 'Squishy' is a bit of a wide-eyed wanderer—small, sweet, naïve and quiet—who, not surprisingly, still lives with his doting mother. But with a little help from his Oozma Kappa brothers, Squishy begins to realize he’s more than just that shy monster in the corner.
According to Dan Scanlon, Squishy was created to show a student even smaller than Mike being able to be scary, to emphasize that scariness isn't "about your size, necessarily, or even the way you look...it was a thing you either had or you didn't. An intangible quality." Squishy had to be a simple "unmolded ball of clay" that was easily overlooked, that "People shouldn’t be noticing him a lot. He should be boring-looking. He should actually be a bad design of a character, the worst background character that was never supposed to be seen in the foreground."
In early versions, artists based him on simple gels and candies. His final appearance takes the texture and appearance of Mochi candy.
Squishy is constantly overlooked and often moves without being noticed by anyone. Because of this, his interventions keep freaking out Mike Wazowski, who forgets his presence all the time. He soon learns to use this to his advantage: in the "Avoid the Parent" leg of the Scare Games he gets the OK flag unnoticed and brings victory to his team, and he catches a good score in the final "Simulate Scare" event by mysteriously changing position, freaking out the child dummy.
During the end credits of the film<, Scott was given a card indicating he now is a Scarer at Monsters, Inc., using the name Scott "Scary" Squibbles.
Squishy re-appeared in the short film Party Central along with the rest of the Oozma Kampa crew.
- ↑ New ‘Monsters University’ Characters Revealed, Sean Hayes and Charlie Day Join Cast
- ↑ New Character Posters – Meet the Monsters of Monsters University
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 The Beginner's Guide To Monsters University's Newcomers - Scott “Squishy” Squibbles (Peter Sohn)
- ↑ The inspirations for Monsters University’s characters
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Pixar Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of the Pixar Wiki is available under the CC-BY-SA license.|