S. Ward Smith is the teacher of Norrisville High's metal shop and the blind swordsmith who forges weapons for the Ninja. Brent is working as his apprentice. He is featured in the Disney XD series Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja.
S. Ward Smith is based on the elderly masters often seen in martial arts films. He takes his duties seriously, crafting weapons for the Ninjas of Norrisville despite feeling too old to carry on his teachings. Smith never seems to crack under pressure and takes no nonsense from anyone. However, he doesn't like it when the weapons he crafts are used the wrong way, such as cutting through bulldozers or toasing marshmallows over his sacred fire pit.
- His name is a play on "swordsmith", which is fitting considering what he does best.
- Despite being blind, he can use his other senses to provide information. For instance, he could tell Randy was the Ninja because of the scent of his Smoke Bombs.
- S.Ward has a slight physical appearance to Colonel H.Stinkmeaner from The Boondocks.Both Smith and Stinkmeaner are older, blind men with advanced fighting skills, however Stinkmeaner is an antagonistic character. Both John Witherspoon and Gary Anthony Williams both voiced S. Ward and two of the main characters together in The Boondocks.
- He is shown in the opening theme speaking to Mr. Bannister.
- It is unknown if he worked with the previous Ninjas.
- He has an odd habit of calling Randy bizarre epithets such as "bloofus."
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of the Randy Cunningham: 9th Grade Ninja Wiki is available under the CC-by-SA Free Documentation License.|