The S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier is a S.H.I.E.L.D. hi-tech flying aircraft carrier, specifically designed to be itself capable of independent powered flight in addition to the conventional functions of aircraft carriers.
It resembles an advanced aircraft carrier, but is able to fly and vanish from view
It was inspired by Cloudbase from the supermarionation program Captain Scarlet and the Mysterons which was created by Gerry Anderson, who is also known for other similar works such as Stingray and Thunderbirds, his most famous creation.
- The Helicarrier Bridge set was built on a soundstage in Albuquerque.
- To achieve the exterior of the Helicarrier, the filmmakers shot on a runway at the Albuquerque International Sunport.
- It is almost similar to the Ultimate version of the S.H.I.E.L.D. Helicarrier that is used. The only difference is the Ultimate version almost looks like a Destroyer-class battleship while the movie version looks like a Aircraft carrier-class ship.
- It is home for the unlockables and such items in the Video Game Lego Marvel Superheroes.
- There are many other Helicarrier. But most are destroyed.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Marvel Movies Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of Marvel Movies Wiki is available under the CC-BY-SA Free Documentation License.|