The Royal Magic Wand (otherwise known as Star's Magic Wand) is the kingdom of Mewni's family heirloom. It transforms to match the wielder's personality. It is the main weapon of Star Butterfly, which she also must protect, in the Disney XD animated series, Star vs. the Forces of Evil.
The wand is meant for casting magical spells. The user of the wand can either make up their own spells or recite perfected spells that are written down in the Magic Instruction Book. The wand is able to bring whatever the user thinks of into reality, like puppies, snakes, and other creatures. It can also be used to create attacks. When Star uses the wand in a fight, it can create a "rainbow fist punch" a "jellybean hallucination mist" and a "mega narwhal blast".
Weilding the wand is also a big responsibility. Being incredibly powerful, it could be used for mass destruction if it fell into the wrong hands.
Depending on the wielder, the wand can change its appearance.
- Star Butterfly: When Star first took possession of the wand, it was light purple with white wings attached to the handle. The head of the wand had a blue circle with a gold star and pink hearts surrounding the crystal star. There was small crown on the tip of the wand, a blue butterfly between the head and handle, and a blue heart at the end of the handle (which was the wand's charger). When the wand was destroyed following Star using the "Whispering Spell", it was given a new appearance after a new tiny unicorn came to recharge it. The wand's current appearance is light purple with white wings, but more sharper in appearance. The faceplate consists of a light blue circle with a pentagon pattern, half of the gold star, and five pink hearts. The yellow crown on the tip of the wand retains its previous appearance, but the butterfly between the head and handle is now yellow instead of blue, with the butterfly taking on a new and larger shape. Bluish-purple tape is also wrapped around the handle.
- Queen Butterfly: When Moon possessed the wand, it was blue and gold with a crystal heart-shaped crest, resembling a royal scepter.
- Celena the Shy: The wand resembled a purple handheld when, with yellow crescent moon patterns.
- Solaria the Monster Carver: When the wand was in Solaria's possession, it resembled the hilt of sword with lightning bolt patters, representing the lightning bolts on her cheeks. When in combat, the wand ignited a magic red blade.
- Eclipsa Butterfly: When in her possession, the wand resembles a parasol with a long handle, and the wand's head has black wings, an orb, and a black crescent on top.
- Festivia the Fun: In Festivia's possession, the wand resembles a golden/brawn goblet with a glowing four point star.
- Skywynne, Queen of Hours: Shape wise, the wand's appearance resembled Star's, but in bright yellow and pink with the wings lowered and the faceplate resembling a clock face. The wand had two bells on the top.
- In early development of the show, the wand was in pink, with a pink heart within a white circle on the tip, and an antenna with a star on the top.
- The wand's design closely resembles those from various anime TV shows.
- When the wand was in possession of Queen Butterfly, the wand resembled the Spiral Heart Moon Rod from Sailor Moon
- When Star took possession of the wand, the first design resembled the Star Wand from Cardcaptor Sakura.