In Toy Story, Rocky's first appearance is during Andy's play time, posed as a hostage with his hands held up in submission to One-Eyed Bart. Rocky is also seen sitting in front of the door of Andy's room right before all his birthday guests burst in, which has him slammed against the wall after they leave.
He works out with Buzz and the other toys by lifting Tinker Toy dumbells during the "Strange Things" sequence. Afterwards, he helps Buzz repair his ship by holding a tape dispenser for Snake to take some tape at Buzz's command.
Once Woody is accused of knocking Buzz out the window, Rocky prepares to attack Woody while the other toys trap him, however, before he can do anything, Andy's arrival forces all the toys to retreat.
Later in the film, when Woody tries to use RC to help Buzz, Rocky picks Woody up and spins him over his head before throwing him off the moving van, thinking he was trying to kill another toy despite that Andy already misses Woody. When the toys find out that Woody was really trying to help Buzz by witnessing their approach, realizing they made a big mistake, Bo Peep has Rocky lower the ramp to help them back on. Once all of Andy's toys are re-united at the end for Christmas, Rocky is seen dancing to the festivities.
Rocky witnesses Woody being kidnapped at a yard sale, but is not a part of Buzz's rescue team that goes out to retrieve him. Before Buzz leaves, Rocky and Robot assist Wheezy while he pleads to Buzz to bring Woody back.
Once all the toys return, he's seen with the rest of Andy's toys enjoying Wheezy's performance of "You've Got a Friend in Me" at the end.
Rocky appears very briefly in Mrs. Davis' home movies at the beginning of Toy Story 3. He is under Andy's desk, and is only visible for about a second. He was either donated, given away, or sold in a yard sale before the main events of the film.
- Sid's mutant toy Rockmobile uses a different Rocky Gibraltar torso.
- In the moving van scene on the Toy Story Animated StoryBook game, Rocky will keep going to the back of the moving van when clicked on and pull out random objects to throw at Woody and Buzz because he thinks he's helping them (most of which being things that are completely useless or absurd, such as a lifesaver or a model of the Eiffel Tower). He also used a bowling ball which turns out to be useful in distracting Scud.
- Rocky makes an appearance in Toy Story 2: The Video Game. He gives Buzz a racing mission at the Airport Infiltration level to run around picking up all his dumbbells within the time limit to earn a Pizza Planet token.
- Rocky's name, mask and the logo on his championship belt are references to the Rock of Gibraltar.
- Rocky only grunts in the films, but he speaks in animated storybook and activity center computer games based on the first film.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Pixar Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of the Pixar Wiki is available under the CC-BY-SA license.|