Bobby is a friend and classmate of Max's. He appears to have a surfer bum appearance, as he is usually seen in a T-shirt, shorts, sandals, and sunglasses. He also had an orange mohawk in A Goofy Movie and a orange buzz cut in An Extremely Goofy Movie. It seems he uses his A/V connections to do favors for other students, as he mentions a required fee to help Max. Bobby is also known for his obsession with canned processed cheese, and he will eat it directly from the can.
In A Goofy Movie, he is apparently one of the Audio/Visual students. In exchange for a fee, a can of Cheddar Whizzy, he helps Max and P.J. to hijack the auditorium stage during Principal Mazur's end of school speech. While Max performs, and P.J. films, Bobby handles the technical aspects, which include getting rid of the Principal and lowering a giant screen, where the film plays. Later, Max trips over a cord, and ends up onstage in front of the entire student body. Max continues his performance, and Bobby uses a fire extinguisher to create a smoke effect. However, the boys are caught by Mazur and sent to his office. Bobby is the second of the boys to be called into the office, but what punishment he was given is unknown.
At the end of the film, he is one of the guests at an end of school party hosted by Stacey, the student body president. There, Bobby watches Max and Goofy dance onstage with Powerline. At one point, he sprays Cheddar Whizzy all over Stacey and Roxanne, and when he and Stacey both reach for the dropped can, the two share an intimate moment where their eyes meet and smile at each other.
In the sequel, Bobby has a larger role as Max's friend and College X-Games teammate. Now a high school graduate, Bobby starts to attend college with Max and P.J. at which the three plan to compete in the upcoming College X-Games competition. The three make it past the qualifying rounds, but in the semi-finals, they lose P.J. to a stunt pulled by a competing team, the Gamma Mu Mu fraternity. Bobby and Max are almost disqualified for not having enough members, but Max convinces Goofy to join at the last minute. Bobby is taken out of competition when one of the Gammas sabotages his bike and makes him crash. In the end, Bobby's team wins thanks to Max, Goofy, and Gamma member Tank.
As Stacey (like Max's love interest Roxanne) does not appear in this movie, it can be inferred that any potential romance between her and Bobby probably did not pan out since Bobby, in this movie, attempt to flirt with the Beret Girl before she turns him down for P.J.
- Ever since his first appearance in A Goofy Movie, Bobby's last name has been misspelled by fans quite often as "Zimmeruski". Since Bobby's last name was never written in the credits of either movie, the correct spelling of "Zimuruski" is not that widely known. Nevertheless, "Zimuruski" is how the name is spelled in both the DVD subtitles and the official European comic adaptation of A Goofy Movie.
- Bobby, along with P.J., are notably the only characters to not appear on House of Mouse.
- In An Extremely Goofy Movie, Bobby makes a reference to his actor, Pauly Shore when he says "Bu-Udy".
- In An Extremely Goofy Movie, Bobby's outfit for most of the movie is almost identical to that of Shaggy Rogers from the Hanna-Barbera cartoon franchise Scooby-Doo.
- In An Extremely Goofy Movie, Bobby is never seen with a can of Cheddar Whizzy, but does express a love for a double cheese pizza.
- Bobby has many similar aspects to a Stoner. Coincidentally, Pauly Shore portrayed a character with a similar name, Stoney in Encino Man.
- Bobby is seemingly the first Disney character to ever question why he and others are always wearing gloves, as shown in An Extremely Goofy Movie.