Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
As other Magic Kingdom parks were built, they included their own similar version.
- At Walt Disney World the Rivers of America is similar to its California counterpart.
- At Disneyland Paris the Rivers of the Far West is home to Big Thunder Mountain.
- At Hong Kong Disneyland, there is no Frontierland, so the Imagineers merged the Rivers of America with the classic Adventureland Jungle Cruise attraction. Jungle river rafts now travel around the Rivers of Adventure, encountering similar situations as in the Jungle Cruise attraction, but on a much more open river and exposed to the elements of Adventureland. In the middle of the Rivers sits Tarzan's Treehouse, which can be reached by River Rafts.
Several steamboat and ship replicas sail the many Rivers.
- Disneyland - the Mark Twain Riverboat and the Sailing Ship Columbia
- Walt Disney World - the Liberty Belle Riverboat
- Tokyo Disneyland - the Mark Twain Riverboat
- Disneyland Paris - the Molly Brown Riverboat (sidewheeler) and the Mark Twain Riverboat (sternwheeler)
In 2003, the motion picture Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl had its world premiere on the Rivers at Disneyland, with hundreds of celebrities and movie stars viewing the film on a purpose built 90 feet tall projection screen.
In 2006, the film's sequel, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest, premiered on June 24 on the Rivers as well, two days before the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction re-opened opposite the Rivers in New Orleans Square after a lengthy refurbishment. For the 2007 premiere of the third installment of the trilogy, the Rivers of America was once again home to the gala for Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End.
Two guests have drowned in the Rivers of America at Disneyland. In both cases, the guests were trying to traverse the river themselves instead of riding the raft back to the shore.
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at Rivers of America (Disney). The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Disney Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|