Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
His non-Disney Muppet credits include Sesame Street (performing Gladys the Cow, Don Music, Placido Flamingo, Forgetful Jones and Sully, among others) and Fraggle Rock (performing Junior Gorg, Gunge and others).
Richard Hunt & Jerry Nelson
Richard Hunt's characters were often paired w/ those of Jerry Nelson. On Sesame Street, Hunt's Sully was the construction worker sidekick to Nelson's Biff. Nelson's Floyd Pepper was often partnered with Hunt's Janice in musical numbers, & in a romantic relationship. Floyd also shared lead vocals in the "Mr. Bassman" number with Scooter, whose uncle J. P. Grosse, the owner of the Muppet Theater, was also a character Nelson voiced. Hunt performed Sweetums alongside 1 of Nelson's characters, Robin the Frog, (the nephew of Jim Henson's Kermit the Frog), in the song "Two Lost Souls", in episode 223, & every since then, they've been the best of friends. Hunt also performed Junior Gorg, the son of Nelson's Pa Gorg on Fraggle Rock.
Additionally, the 2 performers shared the role of the Two-Headed Monster. They also play the children in the Twiddlebug family with Hunt voicing the son, Timmy Twiddlebug, & Nelson as the daughter, Tina Twiddlebug. Another notable team-up included Hunt's role as Gunge, normally paired w/ Marjory the Trash Heap (a Nelson character), in addition to Dave Goelz' Philo character. Both performers had characters named after them in the band Little Jerry & the Monotones, with Hunt voicing Rockin' Richard alongside Nelson's Little Jerry. David Rudman took over for both Richard's half of the Two-Headed Monster & Sully after Richard passed away, keeping Richard's legacy alive by working with Jerry.
Jerry Nelson recalled the relationship:
- “"Richard came into the company when he was pretty young, & I kind-of took Richard under my wing, when he first came in, since Frank & Jim were sort-of a team & I was like a straight man or foil that worked off their characters. So when Richard came in, we got to a point where we would work really well together. When 1 of us would start to go somewhere, the other would know what was happening."”
He died of AIDS-related complications on January 7th, 1992.
- The Muppet Show Characters: African Mask (Mountain), Beaker (1977-1992), Behemoth (119), Billy the Bear (401), Bobby Benson, Blue Frackle (103, 115, 202, 218, 307), Bubba, Catgut, Clive Cahuenga, Contender 980116, Cows (121), Doctor Pig, Droop (220), George, Geri and the Atrics (False Teeth), Ghost, Gingerbread Man, Gladys, The Gogolala Jubilee Jugband (Purple Whatnot), Gorgon Heap (116), Hat, Janice (1977-1992), Lenny the Lizard (208), Lubbock Lou (occasional), Luncheon Counter Monster (223), Lyle the Dog (523), Male Ghost, The March Hare, Mean Mama (201, 211, & 515), Mildred Huxtetter (109), Miss Kitty (119), Miss Piggy (1976-1977, occasionally), Ohboy Bird, Paul Revere (legs only), Quongo (509), Ronald Duck, (220), Salzburg Sauerkraut Singer, Scooter (1976-1992), The Showman, Statler (1976-1992), Sweetums (1976-1992), Tiny, Wayne, Winny, Youknow Bird, (218), Zelda Rose (308)
- Sesame Street Characters: Aristotle, The Beetles' Lead Singer, Billy the Grownup, Brad, Captain Vegetable (1983-1984), Cheerful, Dip, Don Music, Elmo (1984-1985), Farmer Fowler, Fenwick la Touche, Flying Fish, Forgetful Jones (1981-1992), Frankie, Gilbert, Gladys the Cow, Grandpa Grouch, Green Alphabeat, Grenadier Guardsman, Harry, Harvey Monster (occasionally), John, Kermit the Forg ("We Are All Monsters"), King Gerry's Doctor, Leaky, Leo the Party Monster, a lettuce from "Grow High Grow Low", Lavender Librarian, Larry Rhymie, Little Red Riding Hood (1972), Madame Schwartzhead, Maurice Monster (occasional), Old McDougal, Mr. Moses, Mr. Snuffleupagus (back half, occasionally), Old King Cole's Band Green fiddler & Lavender drummer, Old MacDonald (1980s), a pear from "Bilingual Fruit Song", Placido Flamingo, Potter Piper, "Readers of the Open Range" nameless Pumpkin cowboy, Richard, Rockin' Richard, Rocky the Cat, Rodeo Rosie (occasional), Sonny Friendly (1987-1992), Spaceship Surprise Mate, Stan, Stuie Monster, Sully, Timmy Twiddlebug, Tommy, Tony, Tough Eddie (1980s), Two-Headed Monster (right head; 1978-1992), Umeko's Friends, Victor, Willy Nilly, Witch, Yip Yip Martians, The Young Woman Who Lives in a Hat
- Fraggle Rock: Gunge, Junior Gorg, Beige Fraggle, Firechief Fraggle, Flex Doozer, Gillis Fraggle, Herkimer Fraggle, Genie, Mudwell the Mudbunny, The Odd Old Man, Storyteller Fraggle (episode 108 only), Turbo Doozer, Venerable Sage Lambo, Wizard
- The Great Santa Claus Switch: Bing
- The Ed Sullivan Show: Blue Violinist
- The Frog Prince: Taminella Grinderfall (puppetry only)
- The Muppets Valentine Show: Big Mouse
- Saturday Night Live: Wisss
- One to One: The Queen of Phumph
- The Muppet Show: Sex and Violence: Crazy Harry, Hoggie Marsh, Lust, Ohboy Bird
- Peter Alexander präsentiert Spezialitäten #10: Bert
- Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas: Charlie Beaver, George Rabbit, Fred Lizard
- Little Muppet Monsters: Tug Monster, Beaker, "Muppet Sports Shorts" Narrator
- The Muppet Movie: Scooter, Janice, Beaker, & Statler
- The Great Muppet Caper: Scooter, Janice, Beaker, & Statler
- The Muppets Take Manhattan: Scooter, Janice, Beaker, Statler Baby Scooter
- Follow That Bird: Grouch Diner Patrons, Various, Gladys the Cow
- The Tale of the Bunny Picnic: Lugsy
- A Muppet Family Christmas: Scooter, Janice, Beaker, Statler, the Two-Headed Monster, Cow & The Snowman
- The Christmas Toy: Belmont
- Puppetman: Del Zivic (on-camera role), Gertha, Earl
- Tube: Crasher
- The Ghost of Faffner Hall: The Wild Impresario
- Cosby Show: Disagreeable Sandwich
- The Muppets at Walt Disney World: Scooter, Janice, Beaker, & Statler
- The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson: Scooter & Janice
- Billy Bunny's Animal Songs: Edgar Bear, Raccoon 1