Refreshment Corner is a quick-service, turn-of-the-century Main Street style restaurant known for its Coca Cola connection and Ragtime performances. The restaurant is located at Disneyland in Anaheim, California. More of a snack stop, reservations are not available at Refreshment Corner.
The restraunt was constructed directly next to Candy Palace at the end of Main Street, U.S.A., on the western edge of the Jolly Holiday Bakery Cafe (formerly the Plaza Pavilion). Although ordering is done inside the body of the building at a large counter, guest seating is located outside the restaurant. In the guest seating, visitors can let their ivories be tickled with old-fashioned music performed by ragtime pianists at certain times of the day. Guests are also visited by characters such as: Alice and the Mad Hatter, Bert and Mary Poppins, the Queen of Hearts and Peter Pan while at the restaurant. During character appearances, characters either accompany the pianist or play musical chairs with seated children. The Dapper Dans also make appearances to accompany the pianists at certain times of the day and duets have been known to occur between guests and the pianists.
"Take a break on the shaded patio and listen to the tinkling of ivories of our ragtime piano player. Enjoy crowd-pleasing American classics like hot dogs, sour-dough chilli bowls, soft pretzels, desserts, and fountain drinks. Hosted by Coca-Cola."
For many years, Rod Miller and Johnny Hodges could be found playing at Refreshment Corner throughout the day and night, often until midnight. In recent years, the hours where guests can find pianists at the piano have been cut significantly. New pianists like Ragtime Robert Glenn, Alan Thompson, Michael Pollock, Johnny May, Patrick Aranda, and Eric Abrahamson are now present at the corner.
- Hot Dog Basket
- Hot Dog
- Chilli Cheese Hot Dog
- Mac & Cheese Hot Dog
- Hearty Chilli
- Kid's Power Pack
- Kid's Turkey Dog
- Mickey Mouse Pretzel
- Jalapeño Cheese Filled Pretzel
- Cream Cheese Filled Pretzel
- Large Bag of Chips
- During the construction of Refreshment Corner, workers accidentally installed the lights in two different orders. Having to pull out all the wiring and bulbs was too time-consuming, so Walt himself suggested using a red/white light bulb.
- Rod Miller was a staple ragtime player at Refreshment Corner for over three decades. The skilled ragtime pianist performed from 1969-2006 before retiring due to medical reasons.
- In the early days of the park, guests could also buy swimwear next door to Refreshment Corner at the Cole of California shop.
Rag Time Music
Rod Miller Refreshment Corner Ragtime Part 1
Rod Miller Refreshment Corner Ragtime Part 2