- If you are looking for visual references, go to List of cameos in Disney films.
The following is a list of references to other Disney media (such as the animated features) in Disney movies.
- During the climax, a cut into the family car shows that "Hakuna Matata" is playing on the radio inside.
- The short opens with Donald and Goofy whistling "Whistle While You Work" from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.
- The tune the fire creatures play on the piano is "Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Wolf?" from Three Little Pigs which Disney had released two years earlier.
- Pluto puts his tail on a record player and "sings" "You'll Be in My Heart" from The Three Caballeros.
- Donald sings "Heigh Ho" as he first seen coming around the corner and notices the "Riveter Wanted" sign.
- When Long John Silver is asked why he has a talking lobster on his shoulder rather than a parrot, the lobster calls it absurd and asks "What's next, a singing, dancing mouse with his own amusement park?"
- When Julie Ford swallows toothpaste by mistake and it starts foaming, Fred Randall takes this as doing the "Old Yeller" impression.
- “Please, Pa! I don't want Yeller to die!”
- ―Fred Randall, imitating Travis Coates
- A man is heard whistling "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah".
- A party was held at the Disney Concert Hall and Tony Stark attended.
Iron Man 2
- The Stark Expo bears a strong resemblance to Epcot.
- Howard Stark bears a great resemblance to Walt Disney himself.
- A Lion King broadway poster can be seen in the background during the battle of New York.