Randall Stewart "Randy" Newman (born November 28, 1943) is an American singer-songwriter, arranger, composer, and pianist. He has composed the film scores and wrote the iconic film songs for several Disney films, mostly for Pixar releases. He won two Oscars for Best Original Song for Monsters, Inc. and Toy Story 3.
His first ever music composition in a Disney hand-drawn animated feature was in The Princess and the Frog.
Feature Film Filmography
|1995||Toy Story||Music/Songs Written and Performed||Pixar|
|1996||James and the Giant Peach||Original Songs/Music||Walt Disney Pictures|
|1998||A Bug's Life||Music||Pixar|
|1999||Toy Story 2|
|2006||Cars||Original Score Composed and Conducted|
|2009||The Princess and the Frog||Original Songs and Composed and Conducted/Voice Actor (Cousin Randy)||Walt Disney Animation Studios|
|2010||Toy Story 3||Music Composed and Conducted||Pixar|
|2013||Monsters University||Original Score Composed and Conducted|
|2019||Toy Story 4||Music Composed and Conducted|
Compositions for Disneyland
|Disney's Hollywood Studios and Disney California Adventure||Toy Story Midway Mania!/"You've Got a Friend in Me"|
- Toy Story - Nominated for Academy Award for Best Original Score and Best Song "You've Got a Friend in Me" / Won 1 Award
- A Bug's Life - Nominated for Academy Award for Best Original Score / Won 1 Award
- Toy Story 2 - Nominated for Academy Award for Best Original Song "When She Loved Me" / Won 2 Awards
- Monsters, Inc. - Won Academy Award for Best Original Song "If I Didn't Have You" / Nominated for Academy Award for Best Original Score / Won 2 Awards
- Cars - Nominated for Academy Award for Best Original Song "Our Town" / Won 3 Awards
- Toy Story 3 - Won Academy Award for Best Original Song and World Soundtrack Award for Best Original Song written directly for a Film for the song "We Belong Together"
- Thomas Newman, Randy's cousin, has also been a composer for Pixar, having composed the films Finding Nemo, WALL-E, and Finding Dory. Andrew Stanton has directed all three of these films.
- Newman is the first out of six composers to work on a Pixar film.