Role in the short
Raja is a crafty old tiger who tries to eat Goliath II (wondering what a tiny elephant tastes like) every time he crosses him, but each attempt always ends in consecutive failures. He is eventually swallowed by a crocodile on his last try, but he escapes from the crocodile's stomach and runs away, scared out of his wits, never to be seen again.
- Raja was a character which inspired people to create another character; in this case, a wolf based on him in The Sword in the Stone.
- Raja appears to have the exact same design as the Tiger from Tiger Trouble, which in turn is actually a modified Louie the Mountain Lion.
- Raja is made to look like the short's main antagonist, but is never seen again after halfway into the short. The short's real villain is the Mouse.
- When Raja tries to trap Goliath II with his tail after he accidentally wakes him up by hitting him on the head with a cattail, the stripes on his tail shift so that the tip of his tail is now colored orange, when normally it's supposed to be black.
- Raja must not be confused with Rajah the tiger from the Aladdin films.
- When Raja gets twisted around by Goliath II's mother's trunk, Raja is heard screeching like a cat. In reality, tiger cries sound nothing like housecat calls - this would be intended for comedic effect. This kind of "tiger with cat sounds" scenario would be repeated in when Rajah gets turned into a cub by Jafar in Aladdin.