Helen Harris (Kate Hudson) is very successful in the fashion industry and has a nice Manhattan lifestyle which keeps her extremely occupied and content. Helen's world suddenly changes when her sister Lindsay (Felicity Huffman) and brother-in-law Paul (Sean O'Bryan) die in a car accident turning everyone's life upside down.
Helen and her other sister Jenny (Joan Cusack) are in shock when they hear Lindsay & Paul left Helen in charge of their three kids: 15-year-old Audrey (Hayden Panettiere), 10-year-old Henry (Spencer Breslin), and five-year-old Sarah (Abigail Breslin). Convinced she can raise the kids and maintain her already fast-paced schedule, Helen quickly finds herself burnt out and disheartened by her responsibilities and Jenny's lack of faith.
Despite her already hectic schedule, Helen finds the time to develop a genuine affection for her new dependents, as well as an equally genuine attraction to Dan Parker (John Corbett), the kids' school principal and local Lutheran pastor. Eventually, Helen realizes she can't balance the two lives, and is faced with a difficult decision, her fashion career or her nieces and nephew. By luck, she got promoted to agent with her modeling agency and keep the kids as well.
- Kate Hudson - Helen Harris
- John Corbett - Pastor Dan Parker
- Joan Cusack - Jenny Portman
- Hayden Panettiere - Audrey Davis
- Spencer Breslin - Henry Davis
- Abigail Breslin - Sarah Davis
- Helen Mirren - Dominique
- Sakina Jaffrey - Nilma Prasad
- Kevin Kilner - Ed Portman
- Paris Hilton - Amber
- Felicity Huffman - Lindsay Davis
- Sean O'Bryan - Paul Davis
- Amber Valletta - Martina
- Ethan Browne - Devon
- Michael Esparza - BZ
- Katie Carr - Caitlin
- Héctor Elizondo - Mickey Massey
- Larry Miller - Car buyer
Raising Helen received mostly negative reviews from critics, earning a 23% rating on Rotten Tomatoes which the website calls the film: "as shallow and formulaic as a sitcom."
- Raising Helen at Box Office Mojo
- Raising Helen at Rotten Tomatoes
- The Top Movies, Weekend of May 28, 2004 at The Numbers.
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at Raising Helen. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Disney Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|