Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In the sale of the ABC Radio Networks to Citadel Broadcasting (in 2007), the Radio Disney Network and their owned-and-operated radio stations are not included (among which, Radio Disney Group owned the majority of the owned-and-operated affiliates).
In 2010, Radio Disney Group was started to sell their stations located outside of the 25 largest radio markets. The majority of the stations have gone silent, while others changed their format or maintained their regular format. On August 17, 2014, It was announced that Radio Disney will be selling off all of their stations (the majority owned by Radio Disney Group) except KDIS (owned on or before September 26, 2014) to focus on the digital XM radio and livestream radio (such as on TuneIn). While the stations were, originally, to sign off on September 26, the stations will remain on the air and continue carrying Radio Disney programming until they are sold.
Current owned and operated stations
|Callsign||Frequency||City of license||Broadcast area||Affiliation|
|KMIK1||1580||Tempe, Arizona||Phoenix metropolitan area||Radio Disney|
|KDDZ1||1690||Arvada, Colorado||Denver metropolitan area||Radio Disney|
|WMYM1||990||Miami, Florida||Miami metropolitan area||Radio Disney|
|WDYZ1||990||Orlando, Florida||Greater Orlando||Radio Disney|
|WWMI1||1380||St. Petersburg, Florida||Tampa Bay Area||Radio Disney|
|WSDZ1||1260||Belleville, Illinois||Greater St. Louis||Radio Disney|
|WRDZ-FM1||98.3||Plainfield, Indiana||Indianapolis metropolitan area||Radio Disney|
|WMKI1||1260||Boston, Massachusetts||Greater Boston||Radio Disney|
|WFDF1||910||Farmington Hills, Michigan||Metro Detroit, Flint and The Thumb||Radio Disney|
|WWJZ1||640||Mount Holly, New Jersey||Delaware Valley||Radio Disney|
|WGFY1||1480||Charlotte, North Carolina||Charlotte metropolitan area||Radio Disney|
|WWMK1||1260||Cleveland, Ohio||Greater Cleveland||Radio Disney|
|KDZR1||1640||Lake Oswego, Oregon||Portland metropolitan area||Radio Disney|
|KMIC1||1590||Houston, Texas||Greater Houston||Radio Disney|
|KWDZ1||910||Salt Lake City, Utah||Salt Lake City metropolitan area||N/A|
- 1 Sale pending.
Former owned and operated stations
|Callsign||Frequency||City of license||Broadcast area||Comments|
|WQUA1||102.1||Citronelle, Alabama||Mobile metropolitan area||Sold in 2005; non-commercial station owned by the Family Worship Center Church, Inc.|
|KDIS-FM1||99.5||Little Rock, Arkansas||Little Rock, Arkansas||Sold in 2013; station owned by the Salem Communications.|
|KIID||1470||Sacramento, California||Sacramento metropolitan area||In 2007, the station was transferred to Radio Disney Sacramento, LLC, another subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company related to Radio Disney.|
|WDZK1||1550||Bloomfield, Connecticut||Greater Hartford||Sold in 2010; station owned by Blount Communications.|
|WBWL1||600||Jacksonville, Florida||Jacksonville metropolitan area||Sold in 2010; station owned by the Chesapeake-Portsmouth Broadcasting Corporation.|
|WMNE1||1600||Riviera Beach, Florida||Miami metropolitan area||Sold in 2010; station owned by Travis Media.|
|KQAM1||1480||Wichita, Kansas||Wichita metropolitan area||Sold in 2009; station owned by Steckline Communications.|
|WDRD1 2||680||Newburg, Kentucky||Louisville metropolitan area||Sold in 2010; station owned by UB Louisville, LLC.|
|WBYU1||1450||New Orleans, Louisiana||New Orleans metropolitan area||Station was shut down in October 3, 2012.|
|KPHN1||1190||Kansas City, Missouri||Kansas City metropolitan area||Sold in 2014, station owned by the Catholic Radio Network.|
|KALY1||1240||Los Ranchos de Albuquerque, NM||Albuquerque metropolitan area||Sold in 2010; station currently owned by KD Radio, Inc.|
|WDDY1||1460||Albany, New York||Capital District||Sold in 2013; station owned by Pax et Bonum, Inc.|
|WFRO2||900||Fremont, Ohio||Sandusky County, Ohio||Station was shut down in June 23, 2004.|
|KMUS1||1380||Sperry, Oklahoma||Tulsa metropolitan area||Sold in 2011; spanish-language station owned by Radio Las Americas, LLC.|
|KKSL3||1290||Lake Oswego, Oregon||Portland metropolitan area||The license was cancelled on February 23, 2006. Under the Disney ownership, the station was operated by Crawford Broadcasting under Local marketing agreement.|
|WDDZ1||550||Pawtucket, Rhode Island||Providence metropolitan area||Sold in 2010; station currently owned by Starboard Broadcasting.|
|WWCS1||540||Canonsburg, Pennsylvania||Pittsburgh metropolitan area||Station owned by Birach Broadcasting Corporation but operated by Radio Disney Group under Time brokerage agreement; the agreement expired on December 31, 2010 and Disney flipped the Radio Disney affiliation to WEAE.|
|KRDY1||1160||San Antonio, Texas||Greater San Antonio||Sold in 2013; station owned by Salem Communications.|
|WHKT1||1650||Portsmouth, Virginia||Hampton Roads||Sold in 2010; station owned by the Chesapeake-Portsmouth Broadcasting Corporation.|
|WRJR3||1010||Portsmouth, Virginia||Hampton Roads||Sold in 2010; station owned by the Chesapeake-Portsmouth Broadcasting Corporation. Under the Disney ownership, Chesapeake-Portsmouth Broadcasting operated the station under Local marketing agreement.|
|WDZY1||1290||Colonial Heights, Virginia||Greater Richmond Region||Sold in 2013; station owned by the Richmond Christian Radio Corporation.|
|WKSH1||1640||Sussex, Wisconsin||Milwaukee metropolitan area||Sold in 2014; station owned by Starboard Broadcasting.|
- 1 Former Radio Disney Owned-and-operated station.
- 2 Former ESPN Radio Owned-and-operated station.
- 3 Former Disney independent radio station.
- Radio Disney
- Cumulus Media Networks (formerly ABC Radio Networks and Citadel Media)
- Disney–ABC Television Group
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "RADIO DISNEY GROUP, LLC Entity Information".. New York Department of State's Division of Corporations, State Records and Uniform Commercial Code.
- ↑ CHANGES IN INTERESTS - KIID application to assign broadcast station
- ↑ "United States District Court - Cental District of California - West Division - Plaint"..
- ↑ ABC RADIO TO MERGE WITH CITADEL BROADCASTING - Disney Corporate
- ↑ "Exclusive: Radio Disney Moving Off Air to Digital" (August 13, 2014). Retrieved on August 13, 2014.
- ↑ Venta, Lance. "Radio Disney To Sell All But One Station".. Radio Insight.
- ↑ "Radio Disney to Sell the Majority of Its Stations". Billboard.
- ↑ "NERW Extra: No Signoffs for Disney AMs". Northeast Radio Watch.
- ↑ "Application for Consent to Assign Broadcast Station Construction Permit or License or to Transfer Control of Entity Holding Broadcast Station or License" (ABC, Inc. to Radio Disney Group, LLC) - FCC and the Assignment and Assumption Agreement 2003
- ↑ "Application for Consent to Assignment of Broadcast Station Construction Permit or License" (WQUA) - FCC
- ↑ Faith Talk Launches In Little Rock - Radio Insight
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 Radio Disney Sells Three - Radio Insight
- ↑ Radio Disney & ESPN AM Cutbacks - Radio Insight
- ↑ Steckline buys Disney Radio station - Wichita Business Journal
- ↑ Radio Disney Sells WDRD-A/Louisville - All Acces Music Group
- ↑ FCC status page for WBYU
- ↑ Disney Sells KPHN Kansas City - Radio Insight
- ↑ ESPN Back On In Louisville - All Acces Music Group
- ↑ FCC status page for WFRO
- ↑ Radio Disney Sells Tulsa AM - All Acces Music Group
- ↑ FCC status page for KKSL
- ↑ ABC buys two Portland radio stations - Portland Business Journal
- ↑ The Big Trip 2006, Part VII: East From Portland
- ↑ Salem Buys Former Radio Disney Station In Providence;Three Station Deals In California - All Acces Music Group
- ↑ WEAE Annual EEO - 2010
- ↑ Pittsburgh ESPN 1250 changing format to Radio Disney - Pittsburgh Business Journal
- ↑ Fybush, Scott (January 3, 2011). "New Year Dawns with Format Changes". Retrieved on August 11, 2014.
- ↑ Hampton Roads - VARTV.com
- ↑ Wilkins Acquires Two From Disney - Radio Insight
- ↑ Starboard Media Foundation Acquires WKSH - Radio Insight
|This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The article or pieces of the original article was at Radio Disney Group. The list of authors can be seen in the . As with Disney Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the GNU Free Documentation License.|