Porto Corsa is a typical Mediterranean coastal tourist town located in Italy. It hosts the second race of the World Grand Prix. This race's track passes through the streets of the town, which are partly paved.
Near the end of the race, a huge crash involving most of the racers (not Carla Veloso or Nigel Gearsley, they spun out previously) occurred, which has Shu Todoroki hit by the pulse accelerator, and Miguel Camino tries to brake but fails. Then comes Max Schnell, who also tries to brake but fails, and they are all sent down like a slide. Raoul ÇaRoule and Rip Clutchgoneski come, and crash as well. Then Jeff Gorvette and Lewis Hamilton come and brake successfully.
Near Porto Corsa is a small village named Carsoli.
Buildings and Attractions
- Casino di Porto Corsa: one of the most prominent attractions of Porto Corsa, located on a rocky outcropping shaped like a 1948 Fiat 500 Topolino.
- Casino bridge: the biggest of the three bridges that connect the outcropping of the casino to the mainland.
- Porto Corsa Municipio: The town hall, a large building dominating the center of the town near the marina. It is adorned with the Fiat logo.
- Porto Corsa Marina: shaped like a hubcap.
- Carmani: Seller of luxury grills and other car ornaments.
- Cafe di Porto Corsa: An open air cafe near the casino, where Holley Shiftwell and Finn McMissile are stationed during Mater's infiltration.
- Fluido Enogastronomia: One of the restaurants on the same plaza as the casino.
- Café Frizione
- Moda Motore
Italic denotes that the car was part of the big wreck.
- Despite the fact that the other World Grand Prix races take place in real cities, Porto Corsa is a fictional place.
- To create the look of Porto Corsa, the designers combined the racetrack of Monaco with the terrain of the Amalfi Coast.
- Porto Corsa was inspired by the cities of Genoa, Vernazza, Positano, Monte Carlo and Portofino.
- The name is similar to Porto Cervo (Sardinia), another Italian city on the coast.
- The casino in Porto Corsa is built on a rocky outcropping shaped like a 1948 Fiat 500 Topolino.
- The Porto Corsa Marina is shaped like a hubcap.
- At the craps table in the Porto Corsa casino, the game is played with fuzzy dice, much like the kind one might find hanging from a car’s rearview mirror.
- At the meeting of the Lemon families in the casino, the table around which they meet is decorated with piles of lemons, a clear allusion to their nickname of Lemons.
- Some houses in Porto Corsa have chimneys shaped like an exhaust pipe.
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the Pixar Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of the Pixar Wiki is available under the CC-BY-SA license.|