Polar Trappers is an animated short starring Donald Duck and Goofy.
The "Donald and Goofy Trapping Co." Donald tries to catch himself a penguin for supper while Goofy traps a walrus trying to "bring 'em back alive."
- It was the first Disney animated short film without Mickey Mouse outside of Silly Symphonies as well also the first cartoon that Donald and Goofy appear without Mickey Mouse.
- The tune that Donald plays on the piccolo to trap the penguins is "The Parade of the Tin Soldiers".
- Donald's Quack Attack, episode #24
- The Importance of Being Donald
- Walt Disney Treasures: The Chronological Donald
- It's a Small World of Fun
Have a Laugh! changes
The following scenes were deleted from the short release due to time constraints:
- Goofy setting up his walrus trap with a welcome mat.
- The entire first scene with Donald: him getting tired of eating beans and his initial attempt at capturing a female penguin with a penguin disguise and a Spiffany fish, as well as all scenes of him trying to kill her with an ax.
- Much of the scene with the falling icicles, notably Goofy trying to test the sound with a pin, resulting in one giant icicle hitting him on the head so that his rear gets stuck in the ice.
- Donald expressing excitement at the whole penguin colony and how they will sate his hunger.
- The majority of Donald's penguin parade, most notably all scenes involving Donald trying to get rid of the penguin chick that gets in his way.
- The penguin chick, feeling rejected for not being in the parade, shedding a tear that forms into a giant snowball (in this short release, the snowball just happens out of nowhere).
- The penguins seeing the snowball coming and diving into the snow to safety, then popping their heads out of the snow after it passes.
- Donald using Goofy's skis to slide down the hill to outdistance the snowball and the former razzing the snowball.