Inspired by Charles Lindbergh's historic flight across the Atlantic Ocean, Mickey and his barnyard friends build their own plane. After a brief and disastrous first flight, Mickey quickly puts together a new plane and invites Minnie to fly with him. After a wild ride around the barnyard, Mickey finally regains control of the vehicle and turns his attention to Minnie.
Though she repeatedly refuses his advances, Mickey kisses her, anyway. She then slaps him and uses her bloomers to parachute out of the plane. While distracted by Minnie's act, Mickey doesn't realize that the plane has gone into a tailspin until it's too late and he and the plane crash to the ground.
- Disneyland, episode #1.1: "The Disneyland Story" (edited)
- Good Morning, Mickey, episode #28
- The Ink and Paint Club, episode #1.2: "Mickey Landmarks"
- Donald's Quack Attack, episode #63
- Walt Disney Cartoon Classics: Limited Gold Editions: Minnie
- Minnie's Greatest Hits
- Mickey Mouse: The Black and White Years
- Walt Disney Treasures: Mickey Mouse in Black and White
- Walt Disney's Vintage Mickey
- Walt Disney Treasures: The Adventures of Oswald the Lucky Rabbit
- Plane Crazy was the first Mickey Mouse cartoon released. But the first sound cartoon was Steamboat Willie.
- Ub Iwerks allegedly animated this entire film single-handedly.
- In this early film, Mickey does not wear his signature shoes or gloves yet.
- At one point of the episode, when Mickey's and Minnie's plane is unchecked, it collides with a car. The character who is driving the car is very similar to Julius the Cat.
- When Mickey tries enterring the outhouse to avoid his plane, a young cat runs out with his pant seat down, reminiscent of Homer the Cat in the Oswald the Lucky Rabbit short, All Wet.
- The short was loosely adapted for the first two weeks of the very first Mickey Mouse newspaper comic arc, "Lost on a Desert Island".
- This short's plot was remade for the Mickey Mouse Works short "Mickey's Airplane Kit".
- In the television series Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Mickey regularly flies the plane from Plane Crazy which he calls the "Toonplane."