Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension is an animated Disney Channel Original Movie based on Phineas and Ferb, originally aired on August 5, 2011. It was first announced by Jeff “Swampy” Marsh during January 2010 interview with the Daily Telegraph.
The film was released in cinemas in Spain, making it the sixth movie based on a Disney animated television series to be released in theaters (the previous ones being DuckTales the Movie: Treasure of the Lost Lamp, A Goofy Movie, Doug's 1st Movie, Recess: School's Out, and Teacher’s Pet). It was also supposed to be in theaters in Belgium and the Netherlands, but was canceled and premiered on their Disney Channels November 25, 2011.
Phineas, Ferb, Perry, Candace, and Dr. Doofenshmirtz, who were all captured by the 2nd Dimension Doofenshmirtz, are about to be fed to a Goozim. Phineas compares their current situation to how the day began, and states that everything started out so well that morning.
The scene switches to the beginning of the day, with Phineas and Ferb waking up due to Perry's chattering. The trio do their daily morning routine (such as get dressed, brush their teeth), while singing Everything's Better with Perry, a song about how everything is better with their pet. Afterwards, they fall down the stairs next to their parents, and reminisce about when they adopted him from the Organization Without a Cool Acronym's animal shelter. Subsequently, they play baseball, launching the balls off of Perry's tail. They then decide to play platypus badminton using two giant platypus-shaped catapults, which are able to launch objects off their tails like real platypuses.
With the help of their friends Isabella, Buford and Baljeet, they construct them, launch themselves off of the tail of the platypult in a large shuttlecock, and fly through the air. Perry, who has assumed his secret agent role as Agent P, has returned from a mission briefing with Major Monogram and Carl; the latter who has given him several new gadgets.
While riding in his new rocket car, Agent P collides with Phineas and Ferb’s shuttlecock that changes its course and crashes on the roof of the Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated headquarters, destroying Dr. Doofenshmirtz’s latest invention, the Other-Dimension-Inator.
Meanwhile, after learning that her boyfriend, Jeremy, is looking for colleges, Candace decides to grow up and act more like an adult. She and her friend Stacy go to the backyard to bust the boys, since, now that Candace is an “adult”, she can bust the boys herself. However, she finds that her brothers and the platy-pult are gone, with only Isabella and Baljeet remaining. Candace concludes that the "Mysterious Force", the force that she believes takes away Phineas and Ferb’s invention before her mother can see them, recognizes Candace as an adult, and so kept her from seeing the boys' invention as well. She and the rest of the group go to the park to look for the boys.
Feeling sorry for him, and not knowing that he is evil, Phineas and Ferb help Dr. Doofenshmirtz rebuild his Other Dimension-inator, much to the horror of Perry, who must pretend to be a mindless pet in the vicinity of his owners lest they find out his secret. He tries to stop them by taking away Phineas's wrench and peeing on Doofenshmirtz's couch, but to no avail.
They successfully open a portal to the 2nd Dimension and step through it. They find that that the Tri-State Area in this dimension has been taken over by the 2nd Dimension Doofenshmirtz, who has a scar that goes over his eye-patch. Dr. Doofenshmirtz is redirected by the 2nd Dimension Monogram to a ride that takes him straight to Doofenshmirtz-2. There, they meet, and perform a duet.
Phineas, Ferb, and Perry follow, and Doofenshmirtz-2 recognizes their pet as Perry the Platypus, while the regular Doofenshmirtz doesn’t. Doofenshmirtz-2 sends his minion, General Platyborg, the 2nd Dimension Perry who was defeated and turned into an evil cyborg by Doofenshmirtz-2 a long time ago, to attack Perry, hoping that it will cause Perry to reveal that he is a secret agent. However, Perry remains in his mindless guise even after being hit. Doofenshmirtz-2 then tells Platyborg to hit the boys, to which Perry punches the Platyborg away and reveals his identity.
Phineas and Ferb are surprised at this, and hurt that Perry didn't tell them that he was an agent (primarily Phineas, who yells at him). Doofenshmirtz-2 summons his Norm Bots to seize the trio. The three fall through a window, but Agent P releases his parachute. They land on top of another building, where Agent P does combat against Platyborg with his feet stuck in a skull from an animal skeleton from Doofenshmirtz-2’s lair. Phineas and Ferb trap Platyborg in Agent P’s parachute.
Phineas begins to express his anger again until he realizes that Perry is caught in the parachute. Phineas and Ferb try to pull him back up, but fall; fortunately they all end up being "saved by unconventional architecture". A Norm Bot approaches them as well as Platyborg, but the Norm Bot is hit by the skull and Platyborg is hit by a bus. Phineas, Ferb and Perry are then able to escape.
Back in Danville, Candace, Stacy, Isabella, and Baljeet have found Buford in the park chewing Victory Gum, as he assumed he had won the platypus badminton game they were playing earlier, even though it was more of a forfeited win since Phineas and Ferb had gone missing. Candace and Stacy decides to go back to the Flynn-Fletcher backyard while Isabella, Baljeet and Buford stay in the park.
In the 2nd Dimension, Phineas expresses his anger again about Perry being a secret agent while Ferb reminds him to try to use a remote version of the Other Dimension-inator to get home, but it just opens a portal to another dimension they don’t know. Doofenshmirtz-2 tells Doofenshmirtz that what had caused him to go more evil than him and take over the 2nd Dimension Tri-State Area was that he had lost his toy train when he was a child, and Doofenshmirtz is unable to believe that that was his emotionally scarring back-story while he had so many more of those than him. Meanwhile, Phineas is trying to get over the fact Perry is a secret agent and wonders simultaneously if Perry is family. Ferb assuages him, and the boys decide they to need find their 2nd Dimension selves, who have never heard of summer before and are successful in explaining summer to their counterparts. Agent P, upon seeing a news report on TV saying that he should turn himself in to Doofenshmirtz-2 or else Doofenshmirtz-2 will hurt his friends, begins to leave, but is stopped by Phineas and Ferb.
Phineas disowns Perry, telling him to go ahead and leave, as he can’t trust Perry anymore, and Agent P leaves. Afterwards, they attempt to go across the street to the 2nd Dimension Isabella’s house, but are stopped by a lone Norm Bot, who is taken down by the 2nd Dimension Buford. It is revealed that Buford-2 was part of the The Resistance against Doofenshmirtz-2, but became so good at it that he started resisting the Resistance too. The five fall down a chute once entering Isabella’s yard, and end up being tied by the Firestorm Girls, the 2nd Dimension versions of the Fireside Girls. They are interrogated by the 2nd Dimension Isabella, to which Phineas replies that they are Candace’s brothers. They are untied and led to 2nd Dimension Baljeet, who prefers to be called “Dr. Baljeet.” He explains that the 1st Dimension and the 2nd Dimension are right next to each other, but to get to the 1st Dimension, they would need a lot of energy as they would be going against the flow of energy between the multiverses. Their other option would be to go around clockwise, but it is unknown to how many dimensions they have to go through to end up in their own. They are later introduced to the leader of the Resistance, 2nd Dimension Candace, who shows up and commands everyone to begin work to divert energy to bring Phineas and Ferb back to their dimension.
Meanwhile, Doofenshmirtz-2 has decided to go the 1st Dimension’s Tri-State Area to conquer it. He gets regular Doofenshmirtz to create another Other Dimension-inator, but it fails to work as it seems they will need the boys’ help to make it. Dr. Baljeet has been able to open a portal to the 1st Dimension. Upon seeing a news report that Perry has been captured, Phineas and Ferb want to rescue him. Meanwhile, Candace and Stacy are in the Flynn-Fletcher backyard, and Candace tries to talk to the Mysterious Force. The portal from the 2nd Dimension opens up, which the two girls believe is the Mysterious Force. Candace goes through, causing the portal to close, and her being stuck with the 2nd Dimension gang.
Phineas, Ferb, Candace, Candace-2, Buford-2, Isabella-2, along with Phineas-2 and Ferb-2, who have stowed away, go underground in mine carts to attempt to break into Doofenshmirtz-2’s lair to rescue Perry. But they find out that it is a trap, and they are surrounded.
Doofenshmirtz-2 taunts Perry that he has captured him and his friends around 3:30 to 4 pm EST. Perry remembers something, and presses a button on his watch, which opens up a hologram of Major Monogram, who, at that moment, is in the shower. The Doofenshmirtzes, Platyborg and the Norm Bots look away in disgust, and the kids are able to escape. The group tries to race away in the mine carts as the Norm Bots pursue them. To save her and her brothers, Candace-2 separates the mine carts, and she and the rest of the Resistance are able to escape, while Phineas, Ferb, Candace, and Agent P are captured.
Back in Danville, Stacy builds a shrine to the Mysterious Force as an apology for not believing in it, in hopes that it will bring her friends back. Meanwhile, Phineas and Ferb refuse to fix the Other Dimension-inator, but Doofenshmirtz remembers the boys removed his self-destruct button, repairing the device. Now obsolete, Doofenshmirtz-2 sentences the four to doom, as well as regular Doofenshmirtz, as he had gotten on Doofenshmirtz-2’s nerves. The group, in chains, is led to a caged Goozim surrounded by lava. Perry is able to get keys to unchain the gang, but the Goozim’s movements toss them around, and the keys drop near the lava that takes up the ground. As the gang nearly dangles near the magma (thanks to Doofenshmirtz's poor climbing skills), Candace is able to catch the keys. Suddenly, Candace-2 shows up with the Other Dimension-inator remote. She defeats the surrounding Norm Bots, and throws it to Phineas. When he realizes what it is, he tells Perry to let go of the Goozim's cage, but he hesitates. Phineas pleads with Perry to trust him, and he lets go of the cage, just as Phineas opens a portal to another dimension. The group falls through a portal to a flower dimension, and they use the keys to unchain themselves.
The portal is still open, however, so the Norm Bots come through it, so Phineas closes the portal. Candace-2 is captured, and Doofenshmirtz-2, though enraged, goes on with the invasion of the 1st Dimension Tri-State Area. The group goes through numerous dimensions with the Norm Bots in pursuit.
As Buford, Baljeet and Isabella are talking in the park, Phineas, Ferb, Candace, Perry and Doofenshmirtz manage to get back in the 1st Dimension. At the same time, however, Doofenshmirtz-2 arrives at Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated, retracts the roof as the Other Dimension-inator rises up and activates a portal, allowing millions of Norm-Bots to invade Danville. Candace-2, who has been imprisoned, is rescued by the 2nd Dimension Jeremy, and Phineas-2 and Ferb-2, who have taken on new clothing. After hugging her brothers, Candace tells the 3 of them to go with her to help stop Doofenshmirtz-2 from taking over the 1st Dimension, and they all leave.
Agent P is told by Major Monogram to assist the other agents in fighting the invading robots, while Phineas, Ferb, and Candace are simply told to go home. There, Perry’s locket, which Phineas has, beeps, leading them to Agent P’s lair. They receive a message, activated by the locket, saying that, the Tri-State Area is in an emergency level Alpha Red. Agent P thus needs their help, and that he knows they can help him because of their Big Ideas. Many of Phineas and Ferb’s inventions from past episodes of the series are replicated, and the kids from Danville take control of them, managing to save the agents, who were surrounded by the Norm Bots, and go to war with the Norm Bots. In the heat of battle, Phineas and Perry get to the top of Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated building, where they find Doofenshmirtz-2 sending off more of his robots. Perry fights Platyborg, while Phineas goes head-to-head with Doofenshmirtz-2, after he is caught trying to disable the portal.
Perry is eventually able to defeat Platyborg, who, with a chicken stuck on his head and corn in his hands, gets his tail stuck in an electrical socket and is electrocuted. Phineas realizes the dish is what controls the robots, so he goes for the baseball launcher, which Doofenshmirtz-2 grabs and is subsequently cornered by Doofenshmirtz-2, who aims at him with the baseball launcher. Perry hands Phineas a baseball bat, which he uses to hit the baseball that Doofenshmirtz-2 shoots at him from the launcher. The baseball hits the satellite which controls the Norm Bots, and they all fall to the ground, deactivated. Ferb, who has been climbing up the side of the building with plungers, reaches his brother and pet. An enraged Doofenshmirtz-2 emerges from the ground in the cockpit (sleeve) of a giant robot version of himself and goes to smash Phineas, Ferb, and Perry.
At that moment, Doofenshmirtz, who left his keys in the 2nd Dimension and has been trying to get his neighbor Mrs. Thompson to let him into the building, shows up, and unveils his toy train from his childhood, Choo-Choo. Once he sees his lost train, Doofenshmirtz-2 climbs down the robot, and embraces the toy.
Meanwhile, Candace, who has given up on becoming an adult, goes to the movie theater, where her parents Linda and Lawrence, have been. She tries to get her mom to go outside with her to see the grand battle that is going on in hopes that the mysterious force will make it disappear. Doofenshmirtz-2, who has now become less evil, apologizes for his wrongdoings, and reveals that he has had Self-Destruct buttons on his Norm Bots after all. He presses a button on a remote, and all the robots in the Tri-State Area blow up and disappear. Candace and Linda get outside, and find that all the robots have vanished, and that Candace has failed at busting her brothers – again, something she takes pride in.
Doofenshmirtz-2 returns to the 2nd Dimension, where he is arrested by Monogram-2 and the Firestorm Girls. The Resistance enters Danville, and thanks Phineas, Ferb, and Candace for all they’ve done. The Platyborg has had the evil “fried” out of him, and Phineas-2 and Ferb-2 rush to hug him, happy that their pet has returned. After the 2nd Dimension characters leave, Monogram and Carl show up, and tell Phineas and Ferb that Perry has to go away forever due to his secret being blown. The boys ask if there’s something else they can do to keep their pet, and Monogram and Carl remember that Doofenshmirtz built an Amnesia-inator, and that everyone agreed to have their memory of that whole day (including learning Perry’s identity as Agent P) so they can keep him.
Back at the O.W.C.A.’s headquarters, Phineas, Ferb, Candace, Jeremy, Buford, Isabella, Baljeet and others are lined up (Doofenshmirtz tied up for some reason) to get their memories erased. The brothers say their last good-byes to Agent P. As everyone got ready to get their memories erased by the Amnesia-inator, Isabella confirms with Monogram that no one will remember anything from today, then proceeding to kiss Phineas. Phineas was surprised and seemingly somewhat pleased at this, Isabella tells Carl fire the Amnesia-inator and Phineas yells "Wait! Wait! Wait!", but to no avail. Later, Agent P enters his lair, and plugs his camera into the screen, and watches a slideshow of photos taken by he and his owners during their adventure. He smiles and saves the pictures.
- "Everything's Better with Perry" (voted #1 on Phineas and Ferb Musical Cliptastic Countdown Hosted by Kelly Osbourne)
- "Quirky Worky Song"
- "Mysterious Force" (cut song)
- "He's Doof" (shortened version of original rendition)
- "Brand New Best Friend" (formerly called Doof Duet) (voted #4 on Phineas and Ferb Musical Cliptastic Countdown Hosted by Kelly Osbourne)
- "Victory Gum"
- "Summer (Where Do We Begin?)" (formerly called That's What Summer Means (Summer Season)) (voted #5 on Phineas and Ferb Musical Cliptastic Countdown Hosted by Kelly Osbourne)
- "I Walk Away"
- "Baljeet Explanation"
- "Brand New Reality"
- "Robot Riot"
- "Perry the Platypus Theme" (instrumental)
- "Takin' Care of Things" (shortened in television broadcasts; full version used in its soundtrack and on DVD release)
- "Kick It Up a Notch" (played during credits in television broadcasts)
Lawrence: OK, boys, you can pick out any pet you like.
Linda: (picks up and holds Young Phineas in order to see the kitten) Hey, look, Phineas. This one's looking at you!
(while playing Platypult-baseball)
Phineas: Oh, yes, sports fans, that may be the best hit ever in the history of platypult baseball! And the crowd exhales loudly through their mouths! (breathes loudly)
Stacy: The irony is, that as a grown up, you don't NEED to tell your mom. You can just bust them yourself.
Candace: (gasps) That's it! Stacy, I'm old enough to bust them myself!
Phineas: Oh, there you are, Perry.
Dr. Doofenshmirtz: Perry?
Dr. Doofenshmirtz: You know, I can't help but notice that your scar goes over your eye patch.
Dr. Doofenshmirtz (2nd Dimension): Yeah?
Dr. Doofenshmirtz: Wait a minute. I'm confused. Why does their platypus fight so good?
(Perry puts on his fedora)
Phineas: I'm Phineas and this is my brother Ferb.
Doofenshmirtz: I'm Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz, but my friends call me... (pause) I just got into such a funk.
Ferb: Well he did pee on the couch.
Dr. Doofensmirtz: Wait a sec, I just realized something! That was a conscious choice! You peed on my couch!
Dr. Doofenshmirtz (2nd Dimension): Guards?
Perry pushes the brain freeze remote.
Phineas: I'm–I'm sorry. I'm just having trouble processing this right now.
(Perry gives him a pamphlet.)
Phineas: Oh for crying out loud! (walks over to help Perry out of the skull) What, they didn't teach you how to get out of this in spy school?!
Phineas: Look, there's a logo on this parachute. He's got his own logo?
Both Doofensmirtzes: Curse you, Perry the Platypus!
Dr. Doofensmirtz: Jinx, you owe me a soda.
Normbot: (with a buffalo skull on his head) Get me! I'm a Georgia O'Keeffe painting!
Cab driver: Fourth and Main! (the Platyborg gets off and gives the cab driver some money) What, no tip? (the Platyborg takes out a weapon) Never mind, I'm good. (drives away)
Phineas: (After he says "you're a secret agent!? the second time) Anyone else here living a bizarre double life? (Ferb raises his hand) Put your hand down, Ferb. (Ferb lowers his hand)
Dr. Doofenshmirtz-2 shows Dr. Doofenshmirtz a picture of Perry without his hat.
Dr. Doofenshmirtz (2nd Dimension): Now tell me, other-dimension me, what do you see here?
Dr. Doofenshmirtz (2nd Dimension): When I was a small boy in Gimmelshtump, I had a toy train named Choo-Choo. Then, one day, I lost it.
Young Doofenshmirtz (2nd dimension): Choo-Choo?
Dr. Doofenshmirtz (2nd Dimension): Since you have neglected to take over your Tri-State Area, I think I go over there and go it a shot myself.
Dr. Doofenshmirtz: Great, we can be a team!
Candace (2nd Dimension): Are there four of you in this room?
Phineas: Five counting Perry.
Candace (2nd Dimension): Then we've got work to do, Isabella, start redirecting the power.
Isabella (2nd Dimension): Aye, aye!
Dr. Doofenshmirtz: Stand back in awe!
Inator shorts out (Because it's wired incorrectly)
Both Doofenshmirtzes: Ah, Perry the Platypus.
Dr. Doofenshmirtz: Jinx, now you owe me two sodas.
Candace: Why is Isabella suddenly fashionable?
Isabella (2nd Dimension): What do you mean suddenly?!
Candace sees her 2nd Dimension self
Candace: Hey, is that me? I look good!
Buford (2nd Dimension): I don't remember it being so dark down here.
Candace (2nd Dimension): Dark?
Phineas: Perry! W-We came to rescue you.
The camera zooms out, showing Norm Bots surrounding them.
Seeing 2nd Dimension Candace fight the Norm bots
Phineas: Can you do that?
Buford (2nd Dimension): (Looking at 2nd Dimension Candace) I am so in love with her right now.
Isabella (2nd Dimension): What?
Seeing Phineas and Ferb blasting the Norm bots with one of its arms
Phineas (2nd Dimension): Can we do that?
Dr. Doofensmirtz (2nd Dimension): There, you're trapped. Now, you have no choice, but to fix my machine!
Dr. Doofensmirtz (2nd Dimension): Yes, yes everyone. Doom, doom, doom and-
Both Doofensmirtzes: Doom!
Dr. Doofenshmirtz: Oh you caught it! Here, unlock me.
Candace: Are you even paying attention!
Stacy: (to the mysterious force) Oh you can see I'm really trying so please bring back Candace!
Candace walks up behind her
Computer: Welcome, Phineas and Ferb. Please insert the key.
Phineas: (to Ferb) Do you have a key?
Dr. Doofensmirtz (2nd Dimension): (to Phineas, as he is about to fire him with the baseball launcher) You know, all that's going to happen from you guys coming up here is that I'm going to have a brand new Platyborg. And maybe even a Boyborg! Huh? Try saying that five times fast! Boyborg, boyborg, boyborg, boyborg, boyborg...eh. I guess it's not that hard to say. Never mind.
Dr. Doofensmirtz (2nd Dimension): (to Phineas, Ferb, and Perry, after he emerges with a giant robot version of himself) Now, tremble before me! No, I'm down here. See? One last trick up my sleeve. It's me! I'm the trick up my...own sleeve, cause I'm...I'm in the sleeve. Get it? (sighs) Pearls before swine. (prepares to attack the trio) Hope you've got your 3D glasses, cause I'm coming at you!
(The bots outside the theater explode. A second later, Candace drags Linda out.)
Candace: Come on, come on. Hurry!
Phineas: Wow, imagine the fun we can have, now that we now you're a secret agent!
Major Monogram: Yes, yes, the next 15 minutes should be a real hoot. Of course, then Agent P will be sent away forever!
Isabella: Uh, Major Monogram?
Major Monogram: Uh, Yes?
Dr. Doofenshmirtz: Behold, the Otherdimensionator! (laughs manically)
Norm: Sir. I finished setting up the buffet.
Vanessa (2nd Dimension): Dad, did you outlaw Tony Marzulo? (Doofenshmirtz-1 rises from his seat) If you keep banishing every boy who takes an interest in me, I'll never have a social life.
Dr. Doofenshmirtz (2nd Dimension): Done and done.
Jeremy: What happened? Wh-Where are we?
Phineas: Hey, why is Perry wearing a hat?
I know what we're gonna do today
Phineas: Ferb, I think I know what we're gonna do today.
Phineas: Ferb, I know what we're gonna do today! We're gonna save the entire Tri-State Area!
The "Too Young" Line
Phineas: (In the song Kick It Up A Notch) But we're a little young to be doin' what we're doin', yeah.
Ferb: (imitates Perry's chatter)
Phineas: (To Perry) Of course, Ferb and I knew exactly what to call you.
Young Phineas and Ferb: Bartholemew.
Phineas: (To Perry) So, not only have you been leading a double life this whole time, but you sat there and let us help an evil scientist open an evil portal into an evil dimension. And you did nothing to stop us?
Ferb: Well, he did pee on the couch.
Ferb In Summer (Where Do We Begin?): It's noticeably warmer
Phineas: You know, I used to think you couldn't spell "platypus" without "us".
Ferb: Well, you can, but it would just be "Platyp".
Ferb: Whoa. Deja-vu-ish.
Ferb: Well, we've had a lot of great days, but we only have one Perry.
Sings in Everything's Better with Perry, Summer (Where Do We Begin?) and Kick It Up A Notch.
Isabella (2nd Dimension): (Tough voice) Whatcha doin'?
Perry's entrance to his lair
A tube behind a painting, he lifts it and gets sucked in, Perry ends up being in a tube elevator and riding down to his lair, he sees and salutes Pinky, a lot of old agents are seen too. Phineas and Ferb use exactly the same entrance later in the movie, and at the last scene, Perry is seen going down the elevator.
Hey, where's Perry?
Phineas: Hey where's Perry?
Phineas: Hey, where's Perr- Oh, that's right...
Phineas: Hey, where is Dr. D?
Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!, When Doofenshmirtz sees the blimp the jingle (remixed) is heard in the background, Doofenshmirtz Evil News Broadcast!, Doofenshmirtz Evil News Update!
Mistaking Doofenshmirtz for a pharmacist
Phineas: (to Perry) So this is where you disappear to everyday? You come here and fight this guy?
Doofenshmirtz: No no, he fights me, he doesn't really know this guy.
- Phineas and Ferb bought Perry in a pet store that is owned by Carl (in a girl disguise) and Major Monogram (younger).
- Despite Mysterious Force being cut from the movie, the movie still has a total of 14 songs, with 13 original ones. This makes the feature have more songs than "Rollercoaster: The Musical!"
- This is the first time Phineas and Ferb are shown tied up and chained. The second time was in "Escape from Phineas Tower."
- A DVD was released on August 23, 2011.
- If you look closely, the Resistance HQ and Pinky's HQ from Day of the Living Gelaton, Isabella and the Temple of Sap and Bee Story match up almost 100 percent, the only difference being the color scheme and a few small details on the Dashboard looking thing under the lair monitor. They are most likely the same thing since the OWCA is not around anymore in the second dimension. And since both are under Isabella's house, a resistance member probably discovered an old entrance into the lair, repainted it, and formed this as the Resistance Head Quarters
- The original title was Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension In Fabulous 2D, which can still be seen in the opening of the movie. The translation of this title is also still being used in Latin American trailers.
- This movie would have been be in cinemas in the Netherlands, Spain and Belgium.
- Five onlines games were created around the movie:
- Phineas and Ferb The Movie Game: The Dimension of Doooom!, was created similar to Transport-inators of Doooom!. Here, Phineas, Ferb, Perry, and the 2nd Dimension's Candace are playable characters. The full game was first seen on June 17, 2011, which had 8 (+Tutorial) levels. It may also indicate that the 2nd Dimension's Isabella has a crush on Ferb, but it is not shown that 2nd Dimension Isabella has a crush on Ferb in the movie. Given the game's status as non-canon, this is most likely untrue. The game was expanded on August 22, 2011, to a total of 12 (+Tutorial) levels, to explain that the Norm Bots were trying to take over the 1st Dimension Danville.
- 2-D Yourself is a game where the player can create a character to see Danville and Danville 2 and find downloadable stuff for the computer, was released late June 2011.
- Agent P Strikes Back, a game where Perry must help other agents get out of their traps and help Perry get to Platyborg, was created on July 1, 2011.
- Platypult Badmition, a game where the player controls a birdie with different power-ups, was created on July 29, 2011. A very similar game is also on the Toy's 'R Us website. If the player wins that game, the player can see a short clip from the movie, which is the part when Isabella, Buford, and Baljeet come into the backyard.
- Robot Riot!, a game where the player sends defenders to battle the Norm Bots, was created on August 6, 2011. This game is notable in the fact that the Fireside Girls are playable and seen for the first time (except Adyson Sweetwater) The second came in Isabella's Fireside Music Challenge, which was released January 11, 2012 on Disney.com's site, which has the aftermentioned Adyson, though only Isabella is playable for that game.
- Images for the Original Plot were shown on the Disney Channel Asia's 2011 Sneak Peek; however, these were not confirmed images.
- The official website went online on June 17, 2011, and states that there are at least 6 dimensions. All of these (except the 5th Dimension) are shown in the movie.
- The Beak suit is sleeker in the movie.
- A brief teaser trailer for this film was on The Sorcerer's Apprentice DVD. The trailer did not have any new footage nor any new information on the plot, nor did the trailer teaser from Asia.
- The Fourth wall is broken twice:
- During the song Summer (Where Do We Begin?), Phineas begins to sing some of the lyrics from the Phineas and Ferb Theme.
- It is revealed that Ferb leads a double-life as well. Although it could have been a joke or a reference to Phineas and Ferb's double-life with making inventions without their mom knowing, or a reference to the "The Beak" or "Ready for the Bettys".
- Isabella and Phineas kiss for the first time.
- This is the first time that Ferb cries, though it is only briefly shown.
- The Dan Povenmire and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh lookalikes appear.
- Even though this is the longest running Phineas and Ferb event to date, Ferb has fewer lines than he did in others, such as "Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!", nor are any longer that his lines like in "It's a Mud, Mud, Mud, Mud World" and "The Lizard Whisperer".
- A sneak peek of Summer (Where Do We Begin?) was shown at Times Talks on July 9, 2011.
- This is the first time that the outside of the O.W.C.A Headquarters is shown.
- Carl is seen without his glasses for the first time.
- It is revealed that Carl used to wear braces, and Monogram had black hair.
- Phineas bats left handed. In "Toy to the World" he writes left handed, and in "Phineas' Birthday Clip-O-Rama!" he says that he wants a left-handed flange tuner. The movie's video game also states he is left handed. From these examples it is clear that Phineas is left handed, but in "Don't Even Blink" he was shown to be ambidextrous as he played the guitar with both hands.
- It is revealed that Jeremy is 16, one year older than Candace.
- Phineas notices how the Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated building looks similar to Ferb's head.
- In Disney Channel Asia, some of the scenes were changed:
- Baljeet's line after trading cards with Buford, "Sucker", was deleted.
- In other versions shown in different countries including Asia, Spain and France, the ending was the full version of Takin' Care of Things that added a picture of Phineas and Ferb imitating the statue of 2nd Dimension Doofenshmirtz beside them and the outro of Everything's Better with Perry instead of Kick It Up A Notch. The same ending is used for DVD release of the movie. The same ending is used for DVD release of the movie, and it was used when broadcasted on ABC Family.
- The scene where 2nd Dimension Doofenshmirtz calls 1st Dimension Doofenshmirtz an idiot was also deleted.
- Right before "Brand New Reality," Ferb has a scared expression.
- During the ABC premiere of the film on August 20, 2011, a world premiere episode of "Take Two with Phineas and Ferb" (guest starring Miss Piggy) aired during a commercial break.
- At the 64th 64th Primetime Emmy Awards, Dan Povenmire was nominated in the category of "Outstanding Voice-Over Performance" for his performance as Dr. Doofenshmirtz in this film. He lost to Maurice LaMarche who won for voicing various characters in the Futurama episode "The Silence of the Clamps".
- Second time there is a fight between platypi ("Cheer Up Candace").
- The music playing when Carl begins presenting the gadgets to Perry is the same as the music when Phineas and Ferb were teaching Lawrence how to play 80's synthesizer ("Ladies and Gentlemen, Meet Max Modem!").
- A Goozim makes another appearance. Goozims previously appeared in "Got Game?" and "Rollercoaster: The Musical!"
- During the song Everything's Better with Perry, Perry is referred to as a monotreme for a third time. He was called a monotreme in "Swiss Family Phineas" and "again in Misperceived Monotreme".
- The "Homer's Odyssey" is seen again. It was previously seen in "Magic Carpet Ride".
- Animal agents of past episodes appeared such as Peter the Panda ("It's About Time!"), Pinky the Chihuahua ("Isabella and the Temple of Sap"), Agent E ("The Ballad of Badbeard"), Agent M ("Phineas and Ferb Musical Cliptastic Countdown"), Unnamed frog agent, unnamed chicken agent ("Traffic Cam Caper").
- Like in "Interview With a Platypus", Phineas and Ferb imitate Perry's chatter again.
- This is second time Phineas and Ferb's Invention hit Doofenshmirtz's Inator. The first was in "Candace's Big Day".
- Doofenshmirtz mentions his love for almond brittle, as revealed in "Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation!"
- This is the fifth time a much younger Phineas is seen, while it is the third time for Ferb. Previous instances are in "Phineas and Ferb Get Busted!", "Oh, There You Are, Perry", "Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!", and "Ain't No Kiddie Ride".
- Second time Phineas and Ferb are seen with military-style hairdos. ("Phineas and Ferb Get Busted!")
- Carl uses the same costume from "I Scream, You Scream" when he gives Perry to the Flynn-Fletchers.
- Despite Monogram mentioning that Carl was a rookie in "I Scream, You Scream", the flashback shows that he has been working in the O.W.C.A. for years.
- A poster of the missing Mr. Cat from "Spa Day" is seen again.
- Some of Doofenshmirtz's -inators reappear, including:
- The Go-Away-Inator from "Candace Gets Busted"
- The Carbon-footprint-inator from "Suddenly Suzy"
- Turn Everything-Into-Evil-Inator from "Day of the Living Gelatin"
- The Hot-dog-vender-revenge-inator from "Backyard Aquarium"
- The Omni-direction amplifier from "The Lizard Whisperer"
- The Nanny-inator from "The Baljeatles"
- The Freeze-nator from "It's About Time!"
- The Eradicate-Rodney's-Inator-inator from "Robot Rodeo"
- The De-Evolution-Inator from "Phineas and Ferb Hawaiian Vacation"
- The Drill-Inator from "Candace Loses Her Head"
- The Alien-Inator from "Ladies and Gentlemen, Meet Max Modem!"
- Monogram says, "Behind you, rising dramatically from the floor" again. He first said it in "Tip of the Day".
- This is the second time Doofenshmirtz-1 makes a fake Perry the Platypus (Pretendy the Practicepus). The first time was in "Just Passing Through" when he made "Bobblehead Perry the Platypus".
- Some of Phineas and Ferb's old Big Ideas are seen in Mysterious Force: the chariot race, the Spinning Tops of Doom, Rover and a machine for the Tri-State Area Unification Day.
- The man that is driving the tow was seen in "Phineas' Birthday Clip-O-Rama!" while the tow was seen in "Hip Hip Parade".
- Despite having a previous encounter in Candace's dream from "Wizard of Odd", and seeing him through a reprogrammed video game in "Brain Drain", this is the first time Phineas and Ferb actually meet Dr. Doofenshmirtz.
- This is the second time inter-dimensional travel is mentioned ("Phineas and Ferb's Quantum Boogaloo").
- Much like in "It's a Mud, Mud, Mud, Mud World", "Vanessassary Roughness", and "She's the Mayor", Doofenshmirtz's Inator is related to dimensions.
- Second time that a flag with Doofenshmirtz's face on it is seen ("Hail Doofania!")
- This is the second time Dr. Doofenshmirtz has been seen as the ruler of a Tri-state Area since "Phineas and Ferb's Quantum Boogaloo".
- Doofenshmirtz refers Monogram as "Francis" again. He first called him "Francis" during "Phineas and Ferb Musical Cliptastic Countdown".
- Balloony from "The Chronicles of Meap" is reappears, albeit multiple and multicolored.
- A pink version of the Gunther Goat Cheese's restaurant's Goat costume from "Raging Bully" appears.
- Doofenshmirtz-1 interacts with himself for the second time. The first is in "Run Away Runway" when he made clones of himself.
- The song "Brand New Best Friend" is the third song in which two people appear getting dressed as different characters. The others were "Hey Ferb" from "Rollercoaster: The Musical!" and "Just the Two of Us" from "Canderemy".
- Doofenshmirtz and 2nd Dimension Doofenshmirtz sing together, the second time someone does a duet with himself/herself. The first being Candace during "Me, Myself, and I" in "Split Personality".
- Doofenshmirtz mentions Meap. Previously, Meap appeared in "The Chronicles of Meap", was mentioned in "Invasion of the Ferb Snatchers", and made a cameo in "Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation!" and two cameos and "Rollercoaster: The Musical!"
- During "Brand New Best Friend" one Doofenshmirtz and 2nd Dimension Doofenshmirtz are dressed up in the Summer All The Time collection from "Run Away Runway", while lounging in Phineas and Ferb's backyard.
- Doofenshmirtz asking if the potted plant is a secret agent may be a reference to Planty the Potted Plant from "No More Bunny Business".
- This is the fourth time Phineas and Ferb see Perry as a secret agent but the first time they don't mistake him for something else and know it's really Perry. They previously mistakened him for a toy in "Toy to the World". They once saw him in "Phineas and Ferb Get Busted!", but since the episode took place in Perry's dream, it didn't actually happen. They also mistook him for a video-game character in "Brain Drain".
- Succeeding "Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!", this is the second time Phineas gets genuinely angry about something.
- The skull that Perry gets his feet stuck in after they jump out the window has the same horns as Heinz Doofenshmirtz's unnamed father's headgear. ("Meatloaf Surprise")
- This is the third time that Phineas and Ferb interact with Norm since "Greece Lightning" and "Traffic Cam Caper".
- Buford chews Victory Gum, which has a jingle similar to "Tuff Gum" from "Suddenly Suzy", and seems to be a parody of it.
- Choo-choo re-appears. It was first mentioned by Doofenshmirtz when he mentions "Is that Doofenshmirtz's Choo-choo?" in "Not Phineas and Ferb".
- Some of Doofenshmirtz's back-stories were mentioned, including:
- Ferb carries a handkerchief with him, as does his other dimension counterpart, seen when other dimension Phineas is hugging Perry. Ferb previously brought a hankerchief in "Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!" and gave it to Isabella when she was crying about not getting romance with Phineas in Paris.
- During the song Summer (Where Do We Begin?) Phineas is seen in a balloon from the episode "S'Winter".
- Phineas tells Phineas-2 and Ferb-2 after Summer (Where Do We Begin?) they built a rollercoaster in "Rollercoaster", became one-hit wonders in "Flop Starz" and traveled through time in "It's About Time!"
- 2nd Dimension Isabella's uniform looks similar to the uniforms that 1st Dimension Isabella's troop wore when they parodied Howl in "Phineas' Birthday Clip-O-Rama!".
- This is the third time Candace's allergy to wild parsnips is mentioned since "Jerk De Soleil" and "Let's Take a Quiz".
- Following "Phineas and Ferb's Quantum Boogaloo","Split Personality", "Rollercoaster: The Musical!", and "Make Play", this is the fifth time that two or more Candaces or someone identical to her are seen.
- Doofenshmirtz-2 says "I've got you and your little friends, too," parodying The Wizard of Oz, the same way Doofenwitch said "I'll get you, and your little platypus too" in "Wizard of Odd".
- Doofenshmirtz-2 has problems for seeing the hour of his watch much like his 1st Dimension counterpart in "Elementary My Dear Stacy".
- The "If I had a nickel" line is used again. The line was previously used in "Wizard of Odd" and "Phineas' Birthday Clip-O-Rama!"
- Phineas and Ferb are chained again. They were chained in "Phineas and Ferb Get Busted!"
- The lawn gnomes from "Lawn Gnome Beach Party of Terror", "Got Game?", and "The Chronicles of Meap" reappear.
- Doofenshmirtz and Doofenshmirtz-2 say "oh, poop." 1st Dimension Doofenshmirtz said this in "Moon Farm".
- During the part where Ferb hot-wires the Norm bot, the Norm bot says that "I lost my bike", which may reference to the running gag in "Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!", but it also could be an allusion to Norm's phrase (Have you seen my keys?) in "Greece Lightning".
- The baby alien from "It's a Mud, Mud, Mud, Mud World", "Vanessassary Roughness", and "She's the Mayor" appears again .
- The Talking Zebra is shown in an alternate dimension reading a newspaper with a headline that reads 'Kevin Wins Election', a reference to him telling Candace 'I voted for you, Kevin' in "Nerds of a Feather". This could also being an allusion to the brief moment of Candace as mayor in "She's the Mayor".
- During "Brand New Reality", one of the dimensions looks like the same background used during "Carpe Diem" and "Izzy's Got the Frizzies" in "Rollercoaster: The Musical!"' and "Robot Rodeo", respectively.
- Second time that Baljeet wonders why is Perry wearing a hat since "Wizard of Odd".
- Ben Baxter from "Flop Starz" makes a cameo.
- Third time Doofenshmirtz forgets/loses his keys ("One Good Scare Ought to Do It!", "Moon Farm").
- Love Handel makes another appearance. ("Dude, We're Getting the Band Back Together", "Thaddeus and Thor", "Hip Hip Parade")
- This is the second time Phineas and Ferb are seen in Perry's lair following "Ready for the Bettys".
- Phineas's line "Let's kick some robot chassis!" is similar to his line "Let's kick some robot hiney!" in "Traffic Cam Caper".
- Candace sees Perry as an agent again . She previously saw him in "The Ballad of Badbeard" and "Wizard of Odd".
- Many of Phineas and Ferb's previous Big Ideas appear during the battle sequence.
- The Coolest Coaster Ever from "Rollercoaster", "Phineas and Ferb's Quantum Boogaloo", and "Rollercoaster: The Musical!"
- The Candace Crusher from"It's a Mud, Mud, Mud, Mud World"
- The Phinedroids and Ferbots from "I, Brobot"
- The tree house robots from "Tree to Get Ready"
- The Baseball Launchers and Meap's modified spaceship, both from "The Chronicles of Meap"
- The Platy-posterior from "Perry Lays an Egg"
- The Giant bowling ball from "Bowl-R-Ama Drama"
- The helicopter that painted the Unpainted Desert in "Oil on Candace"
- The Paper Pelican from "De Plane! De Plane!"
- The mechanical bulls from "Robot Rodeo"
- The Beak suit from "The Beak"
- The Spinning Tops of Doom from "Phineas and Ferb-Busters!"
- The Sun Beater 3000 from "Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!"
- Rover from "Canderemy"
- The mechanical shark from "The Belly of the Beast"
- The kiddie rides from "Ain't No Kiddie Ride"
- The Lawn mower engine powered-Chariots from "Greece Lightning"
- The ATV from "The Secret of Success"
- The hot-air balloons from "Last Train to Bustville"
- The Anti-Gravity Fun Launcher from "Undercover Carl"
- The machine for making a giant bubbles from "Bubble Boys"
- The Self Balancing Monster Unicycle from "Wizard of Odd"
- The F-Games' Giant Foosball Server from "Got Game?"
- Santa's sleigh from "Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation!"
- The Dual tobaggans from "Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation!
- The Pinhead Pierre suit from "Out of Toon"
- A red version of the lemonade machine from "The Lemonade Stand"
- The racecar 42 from "The Fast and the Phineas"
- The Scrubbers from "At the Car Wash"
- The Holy Mackerel from "The Flying Fishmonger"
- The blimp from "I Was a Middle-Aged Robot"
- The Frozen Yogurt Machine from "The Lizard Whisperer"
- The Shrinking Submarine from "Journey to the Center of Candace" (Deleted Scene)
- The Platypult
- The robotic hands used by Isabella in Floor After Floor from "The Doof Side of the Moon" (Only the suspension and bottom of the platform is visible).
- Buford's gladiator hat from "Greece Lightning" is seen again.
- Following "The Magnificent Few", "Out of Toon", "Hail Doofania!", "Isabella and the Temple of Sap", and "Ain't No Kiddie Ride", this is the sixth time Isabella is seen interested in horses/unicorns.
- Albert can be seen wearing his dragon outfit from the Stumbleberry Finkbat movie series that he used in "Nerds of a Feather".
- "Robot Riot" is the second song in this show to mention a "washing machine" in the lyrics, the other being "Technology vs. Nature" from "Perry Lays an Egg".
- Baljeet and Irving work together for the first time despite the fact that Baljeet doesn't like Irving in "Hide and Seek" and "Atlantis".
- Doofenshmirtz-1 finds the model train in a box marked, "VHS tapes." In "Tip of the Day", he gets rid of what he thinks is an unimportant box, but finds to his dismay that there was an embarrassing video inside.
- Nietzsche (the philosopher) mentioned again. The first time was mentioned by Jeremy in the song "Set the Record Straight" in "The Great Indoors".
- This is the third time a balalalika (a Russian stringed instrument) appears in the series ("Mom's Birthday" and "Thaddeus and Thor").
- Isabella pets Perry again. ("Rollercoaster")
- A poster of a missing Mr. Cat was seen again. ("Spa Day")
- The lawn gnomes appear again ("Lawn Gnome Beach Party of Terror", "Got Game?", The Chronicles of Meap").
- Second time someone's memory is wiped to preserve Perry's identity ("I Was a Middle Aged Robot").
- During the song Summer (Where Do We Begin?) Ferb is sleeping in the boat wearing the bucket hat from the episode "Vanessassary Roughness".
- Phineas and Ferb imitate Perry's chatter again. ("Interview With a Platypus")
- Lots of images appear at the end of a song ("Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!").
- The drums Buford is playing has Baljeet's faces on it even though Baljeet isn't on stage.
- Despite that Monogram mentioned that Carl was a rookie this summer ("I Scream, You Scream"), in this episode is shown that has been years working in the Organization Without a Cool Acronym.
- This is the second time Ferb says Perry's name. ("Fireside Girl Jamboree")
- This is the second time someone "Sweats out of their eyes", but they were crying. ("Voyage to the Bottom of Buford")
- Carl uses the same costume when he sells Perry to the Flynn-Fletchers. ("I Scream, You Scream")
- Doofenshmirtz confuses "blow this popstand" with "light this candle." Candace and Phineas have used both terms before.
- This movie aired one day shy of one year after "Phineas and Ferb Summer Belongs to You!" which aired August 6, 2010.
- One of Dr. Doofenshmirtz's inventions he mentioned he had created which is similar to the Amnesia-inator might be the Forget-About-It-inator ("A Real Boy").
- Phineas tells Phineas-2 and Ferb-2 after "Summer (Where Do We Begin?)" they built a rollercoaster, became one-hit wonders and traveled through time. ("Rollercoaster", "Rollercoaster: The Musical!", "Flop Starz", "It's About Time!", "Phineas and Ferb's Quantum Boogaloo").
- Candace mentions that something weird is not the weirdest thing ("Wizard of Odd")
- Isabella will kiss Phineas again in Phineas and Ferb: Star Wars.
- When Ferb was falling off the building. the skull that had a horn and antler that Phineas and Perry were falling with Ferb. Ferb was on the side with the antler and when Perry deploys his parachute. Ferb was holding the side with the horn.
- In "Everything's Better with Perry" at one point, Phineas' hair was green, but on the release of the movie it was fixed back to red. The same also happened in A Better Best Friend in the episode The Lemonade Stand.
- In a screenshot where Phineas and Ferb (both 1st and 2nd Dimensions), and Buford of the 2nd dimension are released by the Firestorm Girls, it appears that Buford has a strange eye-bug on his right eye.
- In some promotional shots of the 2nd dimension Phineas and Ferb, they had their 1st dimension counterparts' apricot skin instead of their usual grey skin, but this was fixed before the movie premiere.
- Before Robot Riot, when Phineas accepts musical accompaniment from Love Händel, Milly and Adyson's berets are styled like their 2nd Dimension counterparts.
- In the flashback of when younger Phineas and Ferb adopted Perry, partial parts of Candace's shoulders were seen through the lower part of her hair.
- When Major Monagram tells Phineas and Ferb they can't see Perry anymore, Carl seems to have a smile on his face for unknown reasons.
- When Isabella-2 and the Firestorm Girls are tying up Phineas, Ferb, and their 2nd Dimension counterparts, Phineas-2 and Ferb-2's skin is less pale.
- In a flashback from "Oh, There You Are, Perry", Phineas looked younger when he had Perry. In the movie however, he looked a little older.
- When Candace drags Linda out of her seat at the movie theatre, making her way outside, Linda's pants are fully black.
- Before the song Brand New Reality, Doofenshmirtz turns back, falling backwards, but in the next scene, Doofenshmirtz falls forward.
- Before the Tri-State Area flag is destroyed by the Norm Bots, one of the robots passes in front of the flag. However, the flag overlaps the Norm Bot even if it's behind it.
- Jeremy-2's gloves disappeared on the part where the lock on the door of 2nd Dimension Candace's cell was burned off. Although, it reappears when he salutes to 2nd Dimension Candace.
- When Doofenshmirtz-1 sees the couch in the other dimension, his lab changes to its normal dark purple color.
- In the song "Brand New Best Friend" when Doofenshmirtz-1 sings "Coming at you Fridays", for a split second on Doofenshmirtz-2's face, an extra eye appears on his forehead.
- Perry the Platyborg's limb armor frequently changes throughout the film. In his first appearance, both his hands are made of metal. Later on, his left hand is not made of metal. Near the end, when the evil is "fried" out of him, both hands are not made of metal anymore and what is left to be metal are just parts of his arms.
- Despite having his eyeball in a pouch, Alt. Doofenshmirtz's eye-patch takes the shape of his eye, although his eye-patch might just have been a costume (or part of it), then he got the scar, which resulted in his eyeball falling out/being removed and sealed in the pouch.
- When Phineas was angry at Perry, the skull was red. When Perry opens the window, the skull was in a proper color it should be.
- This could be due to the color of the lighting in the room.
- When Phineas was mad at Perry in the far shots the skull was to his left. When Perry pushes it to open the window, it appears to be directly behind him.
- When Ferb was falling off the building the skull that had a horn and antler that Phineas and Perry were falling with Ferb, Ferb was on the side with the antler and when Perry deploys his parachute Ferb was holding the side with the horn. In the same scene, Agent P placed his feet into the eyes of the skull. The skull was pointing down, but when Agent P deployed his parachute, the skull was pointing up.
- When the Platyborg extends his retractable wings, his retractable wing's shadow wasn't showing when he extended it to get Phineas, Ferb and Perry while swooping down the DEI building.
- When the Norm Bot who was hit by the skeleton head fell behind Platyborg, he was the proper color, but when the Norm Bot said he was a painting, parts of his armor was reddish-brown.
- When Phineas was about to ring the doorbell of their house in the second dimension, Perry's eyes went from brown, to blue, then back to brown.
- During the song Summer (Where Do We Begin?), when Phineas sings "Summer, bicycles and roller skates" he is seen in a close up with a blue helmet, but in the next shot the helmet is red. At one point during the song, Ferb-2's shirt button flickers gray.
- Also, when Phineas-2 is singing in the same song, his shirt has stripes on his left sleeve until the camera changes.
- When Perry is leaving to surrender himself, the door is to his left, but Phineas points and Perry leaves to the right, but when he exits the house, the door is again on his left.
- When the Firestorm Girls release the boys, Gretchen-2's pants are silver instead of brown.
- On the way to Doofenshmitz's-2 building in the tunnels, there are four mine carts, but on the way back, there are three.
- During the mine car chase, Ferb takes off his sneakers to use them like nunchucks. However, they are back on his feet by the next scene.
- Carl calls memory ereaser the "Amnesia-Inator", but in the deleted scene there is a sign that says "Memory-Erase-Inator".
- Also during the same scene, when Candace-2 says, "let's dance," the knot on Candace-2's black bandana is detached and floating a few inches away from her head.
- When Phineas, Ferb, and Candace are watching Candace-2 fight the robot, the side of the mine car is missing.
- When Isabella-2 warns Candace-2 that they were slowing down, Isabella-2 doesn't have her gloves on. She has her gloves back on again when she tells Candace-2 that the mine cart's motor was overheating.
- 2nd Dimension Jeremy's gloves disappeared on the part where the lock on the door of 2nd Dimension Candace's cell was burned off. However, it reappears when he salutes to 2nd Dimension Candace.
- When the kids of Danville get ready for battle in Phineas and Ferb's recreated inventions, the sleigh and their "flying" beds from "Phineas and Ferb Christmas Vacation!" are seen, even though that episode chronologically takes place after the summer of the series which the movie is set in. It might be that the series takes place over multiple summers or that this episode happens before the others.
- In some promotional shots of the 2nd dimension Phineas and Ferb, they had their 1st dimension counterparts' apricot skin instead of their usual grey skin, but this was fixed before the movie premiere.
- When it shows the continent-painting helicopter shortly before the Robot Riot, it is black instead of the normal white.
- Shortly before Robot Riot starts, Adyson-2 and Milly-2 and the Frozen Yogurt machine can be seen in one of the chariots. After all of Phineas and Ferb's inventions are gathered, the same chariot with the Frozen Yogurt Machine can be seen in the background, but Adyson Sweetwater and Milly from the 1st Dimension are aboard.
- During Robot Riot, the 1st Dimension Adyson suddenly rides one of the scrubbers.
- In one scene, the Unnamed Buford lookalike in the giant bowling ball is wearing a black shirt in the first shot, but has an orange shirt in the second.
- Also, the real Buford is seen in the Platadroid Posterior at the same time.
- When Baljeet is flying in The Beak suit, the rocket boosters are seen, but nothing is coming out of them, meaning flight should be impossible, but as he put his legs in normal position, a bit of flare can been seen from rocket boosters. In addition, the Beak suit changes scale in the middle of the song, becoming about the size of a normal person.
- After Candace and Stacy crash their tree house robots, before they prepare to run, Candace seems to have a missing right leg.
- In the beginning, when Perry pees on the couch, it is the middle cushion he pees on, and 1st Dimension Doofenshmirtz flipped it upside-down. Later, when Phineas throws the peed-on cushion at 2nd Dimension Doofenshmirtz, he throws the cushion on the left of the couch and it's the side which Doofenshmirtz flipped.
- After Phineas throws the cushion at Doofenshmirtz-2, the cushion can be seen back on the couch in a later scene.
- After hitting Agent P's football helmet during Perry the Platyborg and Agent P's fight, Perry the Platyborg's right metal hand is gone to show a blue paw, though throughout the movie it was always metal. It was possible that it broke off, though.
- The actor of That Darn Fiancé is shown with a goatee and mustache in the movie, but when Candace and Linda are talking in the front of the Movie Theater, the advertisement behind them shows the actor with a "clean shave."
- Near the end, Linda says that she is almost out of popcorn, but it is actually nearly full, but this could have been an intentional visual gag.
- When Ferb went up in the air by the platypult, his shirt button was missing.
- Right before Ferb went up in the air by the platypult, the Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated building was facing the opposite way it was facing after Ferb was launched.
- When Perry whistled to alert Phineas he was going to "tail-slap" the baseball bat it had a taped grip. When Phineas catches it however, it does not.
- In the end, when Phineas-2 reunites with Perry the Platyborg, he correctly points out that the evil was been fried out of him, despite the fact that he had no way of knowing that the 2nd dimension Perry's evil had been had been fried in his fight with Agent P.
- In Kick It Up a Notch, Phineas' spike bracelet on his left arm disappears through the song.
- Near the end, both Perry and 2nd Dimension Perry salute with their left paw. This is a common error on TV.
- When Major Monogram tells the boys they know too much near the end, a part of Carl's glasses are pink.
- Major Monogram says they have no way of erasing memories, forcing them to use Doofenshmirtz's Amnesia-inator, but in "I Was a Middle Aged Robot" the agency had a memory eraser, although it can only be used for one person. Perhaps to save time, they just used the Amnesia-inator.
- After the final battle, when the characters are getting their memories wiped, only Phineas, Ferb, Candace, Heinz Doofenshmirtz, Isabella, Buford, Baljeet, Stacy, Jeremy, and the Fireside Girls are shown. Other characters who are shown in the Robot Riot scene but not getting their memories wiped include Irving, Albert, Django Brown, Love Handel, Jenny and other kids (although their memories could have been wiped later or that those whose memories were wiped only include those who knew of Perry's secret).
- Although Jeremy was touring a college with his father that day, he appears at the end of the day to have his memory wiped. (Nevertheless, this error has been resolved since he has been seen with Candace, Baljeet, Ferb, Isabella and Buford as Phineas has been telling them how 2nd dimension Candace took down Norm bots. It is possible that he was told of Perry's secret because of having Perry communicating with Major Monogram without hiding his cover from them, which includes Jeremy, while Phineas was talking. Hence, the brain wiping was necessary
- During the deleted Scene "Memory Wipe", the Fireside Girls are suddenly dressed as their 2nd dimension counterparts, but just the color scheme instead of the clothes.
- When Baljeet is in The Beak cuit he sounds like himself but in the episode Phineas has a deep voice..
- Though Olivia Olson (Vanessa Doofenshmirtz) sings the song I Walk Away (when Perry is leaving to surrender to Doofenshmirtz-2), Vanessa herself does not appear at all in the movie, yet is listed in the credits as having appeared. Her scenes are featured in the "Deleted scenes" section of the DVD, in both her 1st Dimension ("Doof's Lair") and 2nd Dimension ("Vanessa Meets Doof") incarnations.
- After Stacy and Candace come out the tree house robots that are destroyed, Candace's shoes strangely become sneakers.
- In the Robot Riot sequence, while Baljeet slaps his way against the Norm-bots, parts of the cell-shading of The Beak Suit's neck was seen in front of his headgear.
- In one point at one of the deleted scenes in "Robot Riot", Gretchen-2 is smashing the Norm Bots even if she is supposed to be back at the 2nd dimension. She could, however, may have got into the 1st dimension earlier. Also, it's just Gretchen colored with Gretchen-2's color scheme.
- When Phineas, Ferb, Candace, Agent P, and Dr. Doofenshmirtz are falling into the portal and escape the Goozim, for a brief second the camera cuts to Alternate Doofenshmirtz, with his right eye showing and his eyepatch to the side.
- When Ferb gets the baseball back after Phineas hits it, a section of Perry's arm is orange.
- When Candace and Stacy get out of their tree house robots, Candace's robot is orange instead of pink.
- In Brand New Reality, before the baby alien is about to eat the Norm Bots, some parts of the robots are blue.
- After Candace and Stacy went out of their crushed robots, Stacy's hair was cut quickly when she got up.
- In the deleted scene "Inventions Revealed" when Phineas says "Somehow, Perry has replicated all of our inventions", his mouth doesn't move.
- When Phineas-2 was saying if he can hold Perry a little longer, his neck was transparent.
- In Summer (Where Do We Begin?), when Phineas-2 is seen shivering, Ferb-2's button is missing.
- After Phineas-2 told Candace-2 how they felt when their Perry disappeared, there is a close-up on Candace-2 and she had a short sleeve on her right arm.
- When Perry is about to import the photos, he lifts up his hat and retrieves his camera from a hole or depression in his skull that is not normally there.
- In Everything's Better with Perry, when they said, "Breathing in and out," Phineas' shoes' sole is color blue instead of white.
- At one point in Summer (Where Do We Begin?), Ferb 2's shirt button flickers gray.
- During one of the scenes of Robot Riot, two different painting helicopters can be seen.
- When Carl shows Perry the watch, behind Perry is a platypus suit. It's color is blue and it only has one glove. But when the hologram of Major Monogram points to the real one, the suit's chest color is white and it has a belt. And when Carl tells Perry the watch also gives and incredible ice cream headache, the suit now has two gloves.
- During Robot Riot, if you compare the extended version and the one that's not, the tree houses impact in different times: in the normal, they collide while Phineas was still battling. But in the extended they impact when Phineas and Perry were in Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated.
- Despite of having a normal childhood, Doofenshmirtz-2 knows Balloony, but this is impossible since he drew Balloony due to Doof-1 had no friends in his flashbacks.
- When Phineas-2 sees and hugs Perry the picture frames on the left were re-sized but after the scene Ferb cried, it was back again to its original size. This also included the Flynn-Fletcher frame was also re-sized.
- Phineas had destroyed the dish that powered the portal, however in a scene a few seconds later, when the Norm Bots are falling from the sky, the dish is still there, and the portal is still open.
- When Candace drags Linda out of her seat at the movie theater, making their way outside, Linda's pants are fully black.
- During one part of the deleted scene "Inventions Revealed," while the camera zooms in on the inventions, if you look closely you can see a bull from "Robot Rodeo" in front of its platform (look to the right of the pink Tree House Robot's hand).
- It is never explained how the rebuilt Otherdimensionator opened a portal back to the First Dimension, as Baljeet-2 explained that going counterclockwise through dimensions would take a lot of power. However, either Doofenshmirtz could have foreseen this and supplied the necessary power.
- In I Walk Away, Perry is walking down the street and it starts raining quite hard, but when Phineas-1, Ferb-1, Phineas-2, and Ferb-2 go back outside (only a few seconds later), it's not raining anymore. However, it could have been a short burst of rain that happened for a few seconds.
- When Phineas used the remote to close the portal between the 2nd dimension and the 3rd dimension, the crank was on the left side of the remote, but when he used the remote again, the crank was on the right side.
- In Robot Riot, Baljeet's face can be seen, even though he's wearing the Beak costume. In the episode, The Beak, however, the Beak costume covers Phineas' face.
- Throughout the movie, Candace-2 wears a black arm band on her left arm only. In the scene where Candace-1 and Candace-2 are saying goodbye to each other, however, she has arm bands on both of her arms.
- When it shows the scientists looking at Doofenshmirtz's old inventions, the Omni Directional Amplifier is green instead of purple.
- Phineas destroyed the dish that powered the portal, however in a scene a few seconds later, when the Normbots are falling from the sky, the dish is still there, and the portal is still open.
- Doofenshmirtz-2 says it is between 3:30 and 4:00 Eastern Standard Time. During the summer, Daylight Savings Time should still be in effect.
- Before Robot Riot starts when all of the inventions appear, when the chariot first appears two of the Firestorm Girls are in it but changes to the Fireside Girls in scenes after it.
- The Normbots that the Baby Alien ate in Brand New Reality have a blue paint job on their arms.
- When Perry fights Platyborg on Alternate Doof's Building, he punches him and he doesn't flinch, yet when Perry punched Platyborg to protect Phineas and Ferb he walks backwards and crashes.
- Platyborg at first gets hit by a bus, yet after that he is seen on the windshield of a taxi. he could have had flew to a taxi off-screen.
- Before Platyborg salutes to Perry, he sinks into the ground when walking.
- When Platyborg walks into the portal, he walks up some invisible platform into the portal.
- The crack in the screen that Candace-2 made messes up Doffenshmirtz-2's image, yet in other scenes it isn't.
- During the song Summer (Where Do We Begin?):
- Phineas only changed the scene of 1 window in the song to his backyard view. However, 2 windows can be seen changed later.
- The strap hanging Ferb's guitar to his body switched between purple and red during the song.
- The Bible - Alt-Doofenshmirtz is disappointed that no one laughs at his wordplay and comments that it is like "pearls before swine." Jesus uses the term in Matthew 7:6.
- The title is probably a parody of The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension.
- The Terminator - Ferb (2nd Dimension) and Platyborg's outfits look like a parody of the Terminator's.
- In the Greek dub of the movie, the song "Robot Riot" is called "Είμαι ο εξολοθρευτης", which literally means "I'm your Terminator".
- During Brand New Best Friend, Doofenshmirtz and his alternate self are seen as a number of famous duos, including John Lennon and Paul McCartney of the Beatles, the Blues Brothers, Simon and Garfunkel, Laverne and Shirley, Lucy and Ethel from I Love Lucy, Ralph and Norton from The Honeymooners, Laurel and Hardy, Phineas and Ferb, Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers, the Lone Ranger and Tonto, Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson.
- Star Trek: Doofenshmirtz's goatee is a parody of TOS: "Mirror, Mirror" where the Spock from a parallel universe has a beard.
- The Homer's Odyssey - At the start of the Movie, Ferb is seen with this book opened meanwhile he is sleeping (a weird thing because It's unknown if the book is complete)
- S.W.A.T. - The background music played when the Firestorm Girls capture the boys is similar to the S.W.A.T. theme. The same song was heard in "Isabella and the Temple of Sap", "Finding Mary McGuffin" and "Nerds of a Feather".
- King Kong - One of the giant Tree-house Robots are on the top of a building and pounding its wooden chest, although this was only seen in the deleted Robot Riot scene.
- Star Wars Episode IV - When Jeremy (2nd Dimension) comes to rescue Candace (2nd Dimension), she is posed the same way Princess Leia was when she was captured in the Death Star. Also, Jeremy says "I'm Jeremy Johnson, I'm here to rescue you," similar to how Luke says "I'm Luke Skywalker, I'm here to rescue you" when he breaks into Leia's cell.
- Red Dawn - When Baljeet asks where the bottom half of the beak suit is, Irving can be seen wearing it on top of a pile of defeated Norm-bots yelling "Wolverines" which is the name of the resistance group in Red Dawn fighting the Soviet and Cuban soldiers.
- The Wizard of Oz - Doofenshmirtz-2 releases his Norm-bots in the same way as the Wicked Witch of the West releases her flying monkeys. Earlier, he says, "I've got you and your little friends, too," echoing the famous, "I'll get you, my pretty, and your little dog, too!"
- Final Destination - When Platyborg got hit by the bus, the scene was similar to the infamous bus scene in Final Destination. The only difference is the victim remained alive. (Platyborg was later seen on a Taxi windshield which implies the bus threw him onto the Taxi.)
- The Jeffersons - Phineas mentions moving "on up to the east side to your deluxe apartment in the sky" during his conversation with Dr. D after crashing into his Inator. These are the famous lyrics from the theme song to the long-running sit-com starring Sherman Hemsley (co-written by Jeff Barry, father of Phineas and Ferb writer and Across the 2nd Dimension co-writer Jon Colton Barry).
- Q*bert - One of the dimensions the boys traveled through to return to their own featured the play field from the 1982 video game.
- The guitar riff at the beginning of "Brand New Reality" sounds a bit like the riff from School's Out by Alice Cooper.
- The Silence of the Lambs - At the end as the group is gathered at OWCA headquarters, Dr. Doofenshmirtz is restrained on a dolly in a straightjacket and anti-bite mask, same as Hannibal Lecter was.
- Bruce Lee - When fighting the Platyborg, Perry socks him then shakes his hand in pain—a signature move of Bruce Lee.
- Jane Fonda - In Perry's mug shot he is showing the Black Power salute similar to Jane Fonda's mug sot.
- Vince Vaughn - The actor in That Darn Fiancé looks a lot like Vince Vaughn.
- Jackson 5 - It is possible that Everything's Better With Perry was inspired by the Jackson 5 song "I Want You Back".
- Monopoly - Alt. Phineas and Ferb were playing a game called, "Doofopoly", a parody of Monopoly.
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2/4 Episode I/Generations - In the movie, Doofenshmirtz-2 uses a look-alike robot to try and get rid of Phineas, Ferb, and Agent P using the robot's extending arms. This robot is similar to the Death Egg Robot from "Sonic the Hedgehog 2/4 Episode I/Generations", since it is a look-alike robot controlled by Dr. Eggman which can extend its arms as its main attack.
- Søren Kierkegaard - Buford properly invokes the nineteenth century Danish philosopher with some help from a Victory Gum trading card.
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky - Buford tries to trade off his Victory Gum card honoring the great Russian novelist.
- Codename: Kids Next Door - The Resistance members calling Alt. Candace "sir" may be a reference to the KND members calling Numbuh 362, the supreme commander, "sir," even though she's a girl. Calling superior officers "Sir" was also referenced in Star Trek: Voyager with Captain Janeway quickly stating that she prefers being called "Ma'am" due to her gender. This may instead be a general practice to refer to all superior officers by a single title regardless of gender.
- Santa Claus Is Coming To Town (1970 Movie) - When Dr. Doofenshmirtz gives Alt. Doof his Choo-Choo train and Alt Doofenshmirtz says a similar line to the one when Kris Kringle gives the Winter Warlock a train in the 1970 movie.
- The Great Escape - Alt-Candace bounces a baseball against the wall of the Jailbreak, just like in the movie.
- Battle: Los Angeles - When Phineas takes out the dish that causes the Norm Bots to disconnect and all start falling, it is the same when the US Marines take out the Command and Control Center and cause all the alien drones to fall.
- Georgia O'Keeffe - When the Norm Bot falls to the ground and the skull lands on his head, he says, "Get me - I'm a Georgia O'Keefe painting." This is likely a reference to her 1931 painting, Cow's Skull: Red, White, and Blue .
- Family Matters - Baljeet plays a Polka song with accordion in a same way that Steve Urkel does in "Family Matters". Furthermore, both are dark-skinned, nerds and care about the notes.
- Clifford the Big Red Dog - In the background on a dog food advertisement, a puppy can be seen, it is a bit similar to Clifford when he is a puppy. It can be seen behind the Robot Dog just before the Robot Riot begins.
- South Park - When Alt. Doofenshmirtz talks with the puppet it is very similar to how Mr. Garrison talks when voicing Mr Hat.
- The Simpsons - When Monogram mentions that cannot be called between 3:30 and 4 could be an allusion to "The Simpsons Tree House of Horror V" in which Willie mentioned that his brain can't be read between 4 and 5 because this hour was private.
- Super Smash Bros. series - The dimension that Phineas, Ferb, Candace, Agent P and Doof go into after the 2nd dimension (before Brand New Reality) resembles the stages, Distant Planet and Hanenbow, from "Super Smash Bros. Brawl".
- Xiaolin Showdown - Doofenshmirtz-2 named his robot Norm Bots, possibly thought by Jack Spicer naming his robots Jackbots.
- Hawaii Five-O - As 2nd Dimension Doofenshmirtz enters back into the 2nd Dimension, Major Monogram-2 says "Book 'em ladies!", similar to "Book 'em Danno!"
- Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - The mine cart scene closely resembles the scene from the film.
- Nacho Libre - Stacy claims at the beginning of the movie to be a "woman of science," this is similar to Nacho's sidekick Esqueleto saying "I'm a man of science."
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Phineas's attempt to close the Other-dimension-inator is similar to how the players close Oblivion Gates-by taking out their core.
- Paramore - When Doofenshmirtz said "this may be good as it gets" have the similarities to their song Playing God in the bridge.
- Doctor Who - When the robots come out of the portal it is similar to the Daleks coming out of the portal in Doomsday where they also came from another dimension. It is also similar how they travelled through the streets afterwards.
- AC/DC - The tones of voice in the song "Robot Riot" used by Danny are the same used by the band in their song "Shoot to Thrill" and "Back in Black" including the cry at the end of the song.
- The guitar riff at the beginning of "Brand New Reality" sounds a bit like the riff from School's Out by Alice Cooper.
- Paul McCartney and John Lennon - During "Brand New Best Friend", both Doofenshmirtzes wear outfits and have instruments like the ones Paul and John had during their early Beatles years.
To Disney Media
- Kingdom Hearts - The 2nd Dimension City resembles the Dark City in "The World That Never Was".
- Herbie The Love Bug- When Ferb is jumping onto the platypult after Robot Riot when Isabella told him to help Phineas, one of the cars behind him a classic Volkswagen Bug, the same model as Herbie the Love Bug.
- Race to Witch Mountain - When the computer at Perry's lair asks the boys to insert the key. Ferb takes out a whistle similar to the one Seth uses to open the spaceship.
- Kim Possible - Phineas calls Doofenshmirtz "Doctor D", which is what Shego calls Dr. Drakken, and saying "Jinx, you owe me a soda" refers to the fellow Disney Channel original series.
- The Lion King - During "Everything's Better with Perry", Phineas takes Perry in a similar way that Rafiki takes Simba during "Circle of Life".
- It's a Small World - When Doofenshmirtz-1 rides to Doofenshmirtz-2's office, he rides past animatronic scenes that parody It's a Small World.
- The movie was first announced by Jeff "Swampy" Marsh during a January 2010 interview with the Daily Telegraph.
- Dialogue for the movie began recording the week of April 26, 2010.
- Preliminary storyboards for the special, including the opening song "Everything's Better with Perry," were shown at Comic-Con on July 25, 2010.
- The first trailer was released on June 7 which revealed the official release date of August 5th.
- Movie description from the Amazon press release:
- When Phineas and Ferb accidentally help the evil Dr. Doofenshmirtz complete his latest creation that will finally take control of the Tri-State Area, they get zapped into a new dimension, where they meet their alternate selves! In this new dimension, Dr. Doofenshmirtz is the leader of the Tri-State Area, and even worse—summer vacation doesn't exist! Will Phineas and Ferb figure out a way to get back to Danville, or will they be stuck in this alternate dimension forever?
Editorial Review from Amazon.com:
- Disney TV scored a big hit in 2007, with Phineas and Ferb, the story of two mismatched stepbrothers who share a passion for fantastic adventures and a talent for creating high tech devices. Phineas Flynn is the American chatterbox; Ferb Fletcher is British and taciturn. The television movie Across the 2nd Dimension takes their antics further afield--and spoofs the mania for 3-D. When their giant shuttlecock collides with a spy plane piloted by their pet Perry the Platypus, Phineas and Ferb crash land in the laboratory of Dr. Doofenshmirtz. With typical enthusiasm (and blithe unawareness), the boys help the evil scientist build an "Otherdimensionator" that transports them to an alternate world. As the complications multiply, Perry is forced to reveal that he's not just a pet who grinds his teeth: he's Agent P, part of a cadre dedicated to fighting Doofenshmirtz's schemes. Eventually things get sorted out with the help of the alternate versions of Phineas, Ferb, and their sister Candace. Across the 2nd Dimension is most engaging when it plays like an extended episode of the series, with plenty of humor, off-beat songs, and pop-culture references: Doofenshmirtz and his alternate counterpart perform a number about finally finding a partner as the Blues Brothers, the Lone Ranger and Tonto, and Lucy and Ethel in the candy factory. As is often the case with TV cartoons that morph into features (Hey Arnold, Doug), things occasionally get too big--the swarms of CG robots the alternate Doofenshmirtz dispatches really don't add anything to the story. But the filmmakers generally succeed in walking a fine line, remaining smart without becoming smart alecks. Across the 2nd Dimension will delight Phineas and Ferb fans of all ages.
- August 1, 2011 — On-demand preview begins on Disney Channel's on Demand SVOD offering (Cablevision, Time Warner, Verizon, AT&T)
- August 5, 2011 (8:00 p.m., ET/PT) — Premiere on Disney Channel with a mobile simulcast on Sprint TV and MobiTV
- August 13, 2011 (10:00 a.m., ET/PT) Premiere on Disney XD
- August 18, 2011 — Premiere on Disney Cruise Line
- August 20, 2011 (8:00 p.m., ET/PT) — Premiere on the ABC Television Network
- September 24, 2011 (4:30 p.m., ET/PT) - Premiere on ABC Family
- July 23, 2011 (San Diego Comic-Con)
- August 3, 2011 (Premiere at El Capitan Theatre)
- August 5, 2011 (Family Channel) (Canada) 
- August 5, 2011 - Pogo TV India
- August 5, 2011 (Disney Channel Hong Kong)
- August 20, 2011 (Disney XD Canada) 
- August 21, 2011 (Disney Channel Brazil)
- August 21, 2011 (Disney Channel Latin America)
- August 27, 2011 (Disney Channel Asia)
- August 27, 2011 - TV Asahi Japan, KBS South Korea
- August 31, 2011 (Spain- in Cinemas)
- September 9, 2011 (Disney XD Germany)
- September 11, 2011 (Disney XD Brazil)
- September 13, 2011 (Disney XD Latin America)
- September 17, 2011 (Disney Channel Portugal)
- September 25, 2011 (Disney Channel India)
- September 30, 2011 (Disney UK, Disney Australia & New Zeland)
- September 30, 2011 - Super RTL Germany
- October 2, 2011 (Disney XD India)
- October 5, 2011 (Disney France)
- October 6, 2011 (Disney XD UK)
- October 14, 2011 (Disney Channel Scandinavia)
- October 14, 2011 (Disney XD Scandinavia)
- October 15, 2011 (Disney Channel Japan)
- October 22, 2011 (Disney Channel Italy)
- October 22, 2011 (Disney XD Italy)
- October 28, 2011 (Disney Israel) 
- November 5, 2011 (Disney Channel Poland)
- November 5, 2011 (Disney XD Poland)
- November 5, 2011 (Disney XD Turkey)
- November 5, 2011 (Disney Channel Bulgaria)
- November 5, 2011 (Disney Czech Republic)
- November 5, 2011 (Disney XD Middle East)
- November 5, 2011 (Disney Africa)
- November 19, 2011 (Disney Channel Kazakhstan)
- November 20, 2011 (Disney XD Netherlands)
- November 25, 2011 (Disney Channel Netherlands and Flanders)
- December 3, 2011 (Disney Channel Spain)
- December 8, 2011 (SIC Portugal)
- December 23, 2011 (Disney XD Spain) 
- January 9, 2012 (Rede Telecine Brazil)
- February 25, 2012 (Disney Channel Kazakhstan)
- April 8, 2012 - Rai 2 Italy
- April 21, 2012 (Disney Channel Russia)
- May 4, 2012 (Disney Channel Korea)
- August 18, 2012 - CCTV 6 China
- September 4, 2012 - TVP1 Poland
- August 17, 2013 — Rede Globo Brazil
- August 4, 2011 (US)
- August 31, 2011 (Spain)
DVD International Release Dates
- Brazil: September 16, 2011
- Germany: September 22, 2011
- Australia: October 12, 201
- Portugal: November 20, 20111
- Poland: November 25, 2011
- Spain: November 30, 2011
- UK: March 5, 2012
- Russia: March 6, 2012
The movie's initial reviews are generally very positive. It currently holds an 9.9 making "Superb" rating (based on 43 votes) on TV.com. Matt Blum of the Wired.com website claims that "This is truly an instant classic, right up there with some of the best cartoons ever made". Los Angeles Times Television Critic Robert Lloyd enjoyed Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension as well, noting "a hint of emotional depth, regarding the love between animals and the people who live with them". Cartoonclack praised that the TV movie based on a kid’s cartoon can be smart, entertaining, and, dare I say it … moving. On iTunes, the movie has a 4.5 rating from 746 users.
On Amazon.com, 32 reviewers rated the movie at a 4.9/5. Toys 'R Us has a 5/5 user rating with 3 ratings. On Rotten Tomatoes, the film has 1 critic review, calling it fresh and the film has 80% of the audience liking it with an average rating of 4.2/5 from 572 users. On Common Sense Media, 85% won't miss seeing the movie, 14% say they'll try it, and just 1% will change it. For those that have seen the movie, 95% recommend it and just 5% will pass on it. DVD Talk's Kurt Dahlke said "It's always a tough proposition to convert a 12-minute cartoon into a feature length movie, but Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension does the job nicely. Things are padded out a bit with more 'plot' and 'action' than is usual for this clever show, but those things that keep viewers of all ages coming back - tasteful pop culture references for parents, clever dialog, good-hearted characters and fun - are all present and delightful. Plus, the song crafting that makes Phineas and Ferb so much fun for aging rock-fans like me is there too. Maybe not enough, but that's my only complaint. Packed with extras and excitement, this 2-disk fan pack represents true family fun, and is Highly Recommended"  AssignmentX gave the movie an A-, saying "If you haven’t yet had a chance to check out Phineas and Ferb, this is a good starting point. It’s the barometer for which all future made-for-cable animated films should live up to and it once again extends Phineas and Ferb from a fad to what will likely be a very long run."
“Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension” was easily the No. 1 Friday TV telecast this summer in Total Viewers, and beat all broadcast competition head to head among Adults 18-49 (1.7 million/1.3 rating). Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension was cable's top movie of the year in total viewers, averaging 7.6 million to its premiere telecast. The film would have 7.642 million watch it, good for 2nd among all shows. The Saturday morning encore also did well, with 4.42 million people watching it, good for #22 for the week. On IMDB, the film has an 7.5 user rating with 1,583 votes, after being as high as 9.2 before the movie came out on Disney Channel. Disney XD’s debut was the number one movie telecast on record. For kids ages 6-11 and boys 6-11 it ranked 3rd for the target demos. For boys 6-14, it ranked 4th of all telecasts on the channel. On its ABC premiere, 2.87 million watched the movie with a 0.8 18-49 rating.
Based on a full week of viewing, the premiere of Disney Channel’s “Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension” ranked as cable’s most-watched animated telecast of all time in Kids 2-11 (6.23 million), and was cable’s most-watched animated telecast in Kids 6-11 (4.67 million/18.9 rating) and Tweens 9-14 (3.58 million/14.7 rating), ranking No. 2 among all animated cable telecasts on record in the key demos. In Total Viewers, surging by more than 3 million viewers with DVR, “Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension” ranked as cable’s No. 1 entertainment telecast of 2011 (10.7 million), and became cable’s No. 5 movie of all time.
ABC’s broadcast of the movie soared 220% over the prior week’s movie in Kids 2-11 (1.6/6 compared to a 0.5/2 from “Harry Potter & The Order of the Phoenix”), standing as ABC’s most-watched Saturday Night Movie in six months with kids – since February 19, 2011. It was the highest-rated August movie for Kids 2-11 in 4 years – since August 25, 2007. In India, The channel received an overwhelming response from its viewers and stood at No. 1 not just in the kid’s genre, but across all channels (Total TV) with 21% share of viewing in Hindi Speaking Markets (HSM) during the primary telecast of the movie. The movie premiere ranked No. 1 among all programs across the kid’s genre this week and delivered a TVR of 2.9 among all kids (CS 4-14 ABC) in HSM. Disney Channel also ranked #1 for moms and rated higher than all kids, lifestyle and youth channels.
Spanish Box Office
The film was released theatrically in Spain, it became the third Disney Channel series to be released in theaters after Hannah Montana, Recess and Lizzie McGuire. On its opening weekend, the film grossed $1,259,632 (€886,403) with an average of $4,467 (€3,143.27) from 282 theaters, earning #4 spot in the country. The film lost 49% of its gross on its second weekend, earning $646,145 (€473,140). The movie has grossed $5,689,121 (€4,376,247) in Spain as of December 11, 2011. It was the 8th most seen movie in August 2011 and the most seen cartoon movie in August 2011.
The DVD includes several DVD extras. Those include:
DVD Feature Film + Bonus
- 8 Deleted Scenes
- Mysterious Force - Candace sings the song to Stacy.
- Doof’s Lair - Vanessa makes fun of her father's Pretendy the Practicepus.
- Vanessa Meets Doof - Vanessa greets her father before leaving.
- Blimp Ride - Phineas and the gang ride Doofenshmirtz-2's blimp to their doom.
- Memory Wipe - After Carl fires up the Amnesia-inator, Agent P is seen.
- Danville Newscast - An anchorman describes the robot invasion.
- Inventions Revealed - Extended Version of Phineas and Ferb's inventions appearing.
- Robot Riot Extended - Extended Version of the fight scene of the song.
- "Perry-oke" Sing-Along Feature
- Dr. D's Jukebox-inator
- Bonus Episode: "Attack of the 50 Foot Sister" with Character Commentary and Creator Commentary
- Interactive Menus with Easter Eggs
- English, French, and Spanish audio, with English, French, and Spanish subtitles
Digital Copy: Feature Film + 8 Digital Music Tracks
- "I Walk Away"
- "Everything's Better with Perry"
- "Brand New Best Friend"
- "Summer (Where Do We Begin?)"
- "Brand New Reality"
- "Robot Riot"
- "Takin' Care of Things"
- "Mysterious Force"
Also you can get a FREE In-Pack Platypult Kit Inside. (while supplies last).
Toys R Us Exclusive Bonus Disc
"Includes FREE Bonus Disc Featuring Exclusive Episode: "Ask a Foolish Question/Misperceived Monotreme" and Celebrity Take Two with Phineas and Ferb Interviews with Phineas and Ferb! Only At Toys R Us!" 
- Vincent Martella as Phineas/Phineas (2nd Dimension)
- Ashley Tisdale as Candace/Candace (2nd Dimension)
- Thomas Sangster as Ferb/Ferb (2nd Dimension)
- Caroline Rhea as Mom/Mom (2nd Dimension)
- Richard O'Brien as Dad/Lawrence Fletcher (2nd Dimension)
- Alyson Stoner as Isabella/Isabella (2nd Dimension) and Jenny (cameo)
- Dan Povenmire as Dr. Doofenshmirtz/Dr. Doofenshmirtz (2nd Dimension)/Parsnip-Affected Candace-2
- Jeff "Swampy" Marsh as Major Monogram/Major Monogram (2nd Dimension)
- Dee Bradley Baker as Perry/Perry the Platyborg and Pinky the Chihuahua
- Mitchel Musso as Jeremy/Jeremy (2nd Dimension)
- Bobby Gaylor as Buford/Buford (2nd Dimension)
- Maulik Pancholy as Baljeet/Baljeet Tjinder (2nd Dimension)
- Tyler Alexander Mann as Carl
- Tiffany Espensen as Ginger Hirano/Ginger (2nd Dimension)
- Isabella Murad as Milly/Milly (2nd Dimension)
- Isabella Acres as Katie/Katie (2nd Dimension)
- Ariel Winter as Gretchen/Gretchen (2nd Dimension)
- Cymphonique Miller as Holly/Holly (2nd Dimension)
- Madison Pettis as Adyson/Adyson (2nd Dimension)
- Jack McBrayer as Irving
- Kelly Hu as Stacy
- Jaret Reddick as Danny
- Steve Zahn as Swampy
- Carlos Alazraqui as Bobbi Fabulous
- John Viener as Norm/Norm Bots
- Doris Roberts as Mrs. Thompson
- Slash as Himself
- Olivia Olson as Vanessa/Vanessa Doofenshmirtz (2nd Dimension) (appeared in deleted scenes, though is credited, Her voice is heard singing "I Walk Away")
|Written By|| Jon Colton Barry|
Jeff "Swampy" Marsh
|Directed By|| Dan Povenmire|
Robert F. Hughes
|Based on the Series Created By|| Dan Povenmire|
Jeff "Swampy" Marsh
|Executive Producers|| Dan Povenmire|
Jeff "Swampy" Marsh
|Line Producer||Natasha Kopp|
|Sequence Directors|| Jay Lender|
Jeff "Swampy" Marsh
|Storyboards and Additional Writing By|| Kyle Menke|
Aliki Theofilopoulous Grafft
Chong Suk Lee
|Additional Written Material by|| Jim Bernstein|
Robert F. Hughes
|With the Voice Talents of||Vincent Martella as Phineas|
Ashley Tisdale as Candace
Thomas Brodie-Sangster as Ferb
Caroline Rhea as Mom
Richard O'Brien as Dad
Dan Povenmire as Dr. Doofenshmirtz
Swampy Marsh as Major Monogram
Alyson Stoner as Isabella
Maulik Pancholy as Baljeet
Bobby Gaylor as Buford
Mitchel Musso as Jeremy
Tyler Mann as Carl
Dee Bradley Baker as Perry
Kelly Hu as Stacy
Olivia Olson as Vanessa
John Viener as Norm
Jack McBrayer as Irving
|Additional Voices|| April Stewart|
Dee Bradley Baker
Jeff "Swampy" Marsh
Kevin Michael Richardson
|Dialogue Director||Lisa Schaffer|
|Supervising Timing Director||Herb Moore|
|Additional Storyboards By||
|Continuity Coordinators||Wendy Jacobsmeyer|
|Music by||Danny Jacob|
|Main Title Theme by|
|Animation Production by||
Suzhou Hong Ying Cartoon Co., Ltd.
|Film Editor||Ted Supa|
|Assistant Film Editor||Lauren Crist|
|Animatic Editor||Anne Harting|
|Post-Production Dialogue Editor||Jim Harrison|
|Dialogue Editor||Chris Cirino|
|Dialogue Engineer||Robbi Smith|
|Assistant Dialogue Engineers||
|Digital Coordinator||Jessie Slipchinsky|
|Post Production Supervisor||Geri Bryan|
|Production Control||Sarah Wintucky|
|Post Production Coordinators||
|Sound Designer||Robert Poole II|
|Digital Audio Transfer||Robert Pratt|
|On-line Editor||Keith Cook|
|Foley Artist||J. Lampinen|
|Foley Mixer||Roy Braverman|
|Production Supervisor||Lance LeCompte|
|Production Associate||Kenny Kweens|
|Production Secretary||Teresa Lara Ferragamo|
|Script Coordinator||Dawn Connors|
|Produced by|| Walt Disney Television Animation
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tv/phineas-and-ferb-the-movie-across-the-2nd-dimension/MV003658710000
- ↑ http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/culturevideo/tvandradiovideo/6860557/Jeff-Swampy-Marsh-on-making-the-Disney-cartoon-series-Phineas-and-Ferb.html interview video from Daily Telegraph (UK)
- ↑ http://www.walmart.com/ip/16662362
- ↑ http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/03/03/disney-channel-disney-xd-present-programming-plans-for-2010-11/43759
- ↑ http://disneyxdmedianet.com/DNR/2010/doc/DC_DXD_Upfront_2010.doc
- ↑ Tweet from Dan Povenmire
- ↑ Stitch Kingdom
- ↑ Amazon
- ↑ Family Chanel Canada
- ↑ Disney XD Canada
- ↑ 
- ↑ 
- ↑ Disney Channel Site for The Movie
- ↑ Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension at TV.com
- ↑ Review: Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension Is an Instant Classic
- ↑ TV review: 'Phineas and Ferb The Movie: Across the 2nd Dimension'
- ↑ Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension does it right – CartoonClack
- ↑ http://itunes.apple.com/us/movie/phineas-ferb-movie-across/id442913680
- ↑ http://www.amazon.com/Phineas-Ferb-Movie-Across-Dimension/dp/B0052OPIUG
- ↑ http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11932048
- ↑ http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/phineas_and_ferb_the_movie_across_the_2nd_dimension/
- ↑ http://www.commonsensemedia.org/tv-reviews/phineas-and-ferb-across-2nd-dimension
- ↑ http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/50268/phineas-and-ferb-the-movie-across-the-second-dimension/
- ↑ http://www.assignmentx.com/2011/dvd-review-phineas-and-ferb-the-movie-across-the-2nd-dimension/
- ↑ Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension" Averages 7.6 Million Total Viewers
- ↑ Phineas and Ferb' TV Movie Soars in the Ratings
- ↑ http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/08/09/cable-top-25-jersey-shore-phineas-and-ferb-the-closer-and-rizzoli-isles-top-weekly-cable-viewing/99942/
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1825918/
- ↑ http://www.bsckids.com/2011/08/disneyxd-premiere-of-phineas-and-ferb-the-movie-has-high-rankings/
- ↑ http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/08/21/tv-ratings-saturday-was-it-the-gymnastics-or-local-nfl-preemptions/100892/
- ↑ http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2012/03/06/prime-special-jake-and-the-never-land-piratespeter-pan-returns-ranks-as-the-most-watched-cable-telecast-in-nearly-10-years-in-the-demo/123378/
- ↑ http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/08/22/disney-channels-phineas-and-ferb-movie-is-most-watched-animated-basic-cable-telecast-ever-with-kids-2-11/100993/
- ↑ http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/08/23/abc-claims-6-of-the-top-20-broadcast-shows-for-the-week-in-adults-18-49/101139/
- ↑ Disney Channel original movie 'Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd dimension' sweeps competition
- ↑ http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/intl/?id=_fPHINEASANDPHERB01&country=ES&wk=2011W35&id=_fPHINEASANDPHERB01&p=.htm
- ↑ http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1825918/business
- ↑ Sneak Peek: ‘Phineas and Ferb Across the 2nd Dimension’ Deleted Scenes, Song
- ↑ http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11857728
|This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from the The Phineas and Ferb Wiki. The list of authors can be seen in the page revision history (view authors). As with Disney Wiki, the text of The Phineas and Ferb Wiki is available under the CC-by-SA Free Documentation License.|