Paul Newman (born January 26, 1925 - September 26, 2008) was an American actor, film director, entrepreneur, humanitarian, professional racing driver and team owner, enthusiast, activist and philanthropist who is known for voicing Doc Hudson in the 2006 Disney/Pixar film Cars, the role having been his final one. Unused recordings of him originally recorded for Cars was used for Doc in Cars 3.
He also played Fast Eddie Felson in The Color of Money. His other known roles are Doug Roberts in The Towering Inferno, and Luke Jackson in Cool Hand Luke.
- Newman was originally considerated for the role of Eddie Valiant in Who Framed Roger Rabbit. However, Bob Hoskins ended up being cast in that part.
- Newman was once considered along Jim Carrey as Buzz Lightyear to voice Sheriff Woody in Toy Story. However, he turned down the offer and Tom Hanks was cast instead. However, Newman later went on to voice Doc Hudson in Cars.
- ↑ "Disney Pixar Returns to NAIAS with Cars 3 – Interview with Jay Ward and Jay Shuster + Extended Look! #Cars3 #NAIAS #DetroitlovesAutos".. week99er.com (January 10, 2017). Retrieved on April 2, 2017.
- ↑ Who Framed Roger Rabbit (1988): NotStarring at IMDb
- ↑ These 7 Facts You (Probably) Didn't Know About 'Toy Story' Will Blow Your Mind! at Movie Pilot