"Once Upon a Dime" is the sixty-first episode of DuckTales.
- William Callaway as Wild Bill Beagle/Old Man Ribbit
- June Foray as Ma Beagle/McMama
- Pat Fraley as Young Scrooge McDuck/Piggly
- Chuck McCann as Duckworth/Butch Beagle
- Don Messick as McPapa/Wiggly
- Pete Renaday as Catfish McDuck
- Michael Rye
- Russi Taylor as Huey, Dewey, and Louie/Webby Vanderquack
- Alan Young as Scrooge McDuck
- The episode was notably based on numerous flashbacks and other references from classic Carl Barks Uncle Scrooge comics, including:
- The Great Steamboat Race (the rivalry of Scrooge's riverboat captain uncle over Cornpone Gables and the riverboat race)
- Hall of the Mermaid Queen! (Scrooge earning a silver dollar in a riverboat race)
- Only a Poor Old Man and/or Back to the Klondike (Scrooge's Klondike days).
- Scrooge working as a shoeshine boy also appeared in The Invisible Intruder, for which Carl Barks did the artwork as well.
- The scene where Scrooge earned his Number One Dime by shining a particularly muddy pair of boots was directly adapted from the comic Getting That Healthy, Wealthy Feeling by Tony Strobl.
- Cottage McDuck, Scrooge's childhood home, reappears in this episode. It had previously appeared in the episode "The Curse of Castle McDuck", where Scrooge and his family visit Scrooge's old childhood home in Scotland.
- This episode marked the animated debut of Scrooge's parents, McPapa and McMama.
- The title of this episode may be an allusion to "Once Upon a Dream", a song from Sleeping Beauty or to the traditional story opening, "Once upon a time."
- DuckTales: Volume 3