"Once Upon a Dime" is the sixty-first episode of DuckTales.
- William Callaway as Wild Bill Beagle
- June Foray as Ma Beagle/Downy McDuck
- Pat Fraley as Young Scrooge McDuck
- Chuck McCann as Duckworth/Butch Beagle
- Don Messick as Fergus McDuck
- Pete Renaday as Catfish McDuck
- Michael Rye
- Russi Taylor as Huey, Dewey and Louie/Webby Vanderquack
- Alan Young as Scrooge McDuck
- The episode was notably based on multiple references in classic Carl Barks Uncle Scrooge comics, including Hall of the Mermaid Queen! (Scrooge earning a silver dollar in a riverboat race) and Only a Poor Old Man and/or Back to the Klondike (Scrooge's Klondike days). Scrooge earning his Number One Dime as a shoeshine boy also appeared in The Invisible Intruder, for which Carl Barks did the artwork as well.
- This episode marked the animated debut of Scrooge's parents, McPapa and McMama.
- There are various differences to how Scrooge gets his dime compared to how Don Rosa depicts the event in the comic series The Life and Times of Scrooge McDuck, which uses references from Carl Barks Disney comics in a similar way as the DuckTales episode does, and was published years after the episode first aired.
- In the book, Scrooge's father purposely gives the ditchdigger an American dime to make Scrooge work smarter while in this episode, there is no direct indication of the dime being associated with Scrooge's father.
- In this episode, Scrooge seems to be older when he earns his dime and leaves for America.
- The title of this episode may be an allusion to "Once Upon a Dream", a song from Sleeping Beauty or to the traditional story opening, "Once upon a time."
- DuckTales: Volume 3