- “Hey kids! It's Happy Slappy Time!”
- ―Snively's introduction at a birthday party, Air Bud
Role in the film
12-year-old Josh Framm meets Buddy, who had escaped from Snively. Snively had locked him in his kennel after apparantly causing trouble at a birthday party (though it was Snively's fault because he used a bouncy ball too big for Buddy's mouth as the grand finale) and was taking him to the dog pound when it fell off the truck.
Snively plays a much bigger role in the second half of the film. After seeing Buddy on TV, he tricks Mrs. Framm and steals him from Josh. Josh then infiltrates Snively's backyard where Buddy is chained up.
Snively initially can't see Josh due to a stack of beer cans on his windowsill until it falls and Josh is caught infiltrating his backyard. Josh gets the chain off Buddy and both escape, causing Snively to chase them, in his dilapidated truck. The chase rages on to a parking lot near a lake, during which the truck begins to fall apart, causing it and Snively to splash into the lake, but he doesn't drown.
Later on, Snively sues the Framm family for custody of Buddy. Fortunately, at the suggestion of Coach Chaney, who the judge was a fan of, it is decided that he will choose who will be his rightful owner. During the calling, Snively takes out his rolled up newspaper, which he often used to hit Buddy, and snaps at him, causing him to attack Snively, tear up the weapon of abuse, and run toward Josh. The judge grants custody of him to Josh while Snively, who runs at them in a last-ditched effort to get him back, is dragged away and arrested by the police, while Josh and the rest of the citizens rejoice for Buddy's new home. He didn't appear in the second film. It's possibly because he is still in prison or that he moved to a new city.
- Snively is some what similar to Krusty from The Simpsons. Both are bad tempered, alcoholic clowns who get stuck with bad luck.
- Snively has been considered to be lazy since his truck keeps falling apart, or he is too poor to take it to a mechanic.
- The fact that Snively hates being a clown is probably because someone got that job for him, and he didn't want it.